Injury Report: Nurse, get a Nurse for Nurse

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
The good news is, we’ve been struggling defensively already but are still winning games; so hopefully that doesn’t change.
The bad news is, what the heck was Holland thinking building this defence?

Reactions: NashtoNowitzki

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
The good news is, we’ve been struggling defensively already but are still winning games; so hopefully that doesn’t change.
He was hoping for Nurse/Keith/KK/Russell to hold fort at LD til Samou and Broberg graduate.

Reactions: Oilhawks

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I am almost certain:

Keith-Bouchard
Broberg-Ceci
Lagesson/Russell-Barrie

Is how things will go from here.

That's.... uh... yeah. Not pretty.

I like Broberg and think he's borderline ready. Never saw him play before but he's definitely ahead of Bouchard at the same age. I saw Petry in the AHL too and he's probably ahead of him too.

They reason I prefer Broberg in the AHL is because he will get PP and prime offensive minutes - to develop his offensive game.

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
Black McDog = Rishaug?

Nope…not at all.

@BlackMcDog deleted a post from a Brazilian Oilers fan Twitter if I recall correctly. Nothing about the Nurse injury

Ok I was wrong and I found the post and it’s even more obvious that it’s Rishaug imo. 22 posts to date.

I jumped the gun big time on BlackMcDog. Lazy on my part.

701BEAD7-E288-4D17-86C8-BEF2C91C0247.png
CD9A3EB4-6AF7-45F0-A09B-2D7326BD587B.jpeg

Reactions: Oilhawks

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I'll be impressed if they win a single game while he's out.

Keith, Russell, Lagesson/Broberg on the left side is Decade of Darkness bad.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

Every team in the league's defense takes a hit if it loses 2 of its top 3 left defensemen, especially if one of them is your number 1 for either side. When your number four LD becomes your number two, of course that looks a lot worse.

As a group of six. If you lose your 1 and 6, all the sudden your 7 is a 5.

Reactions: TB12

russ99

Jun 9, 2011

Too much turnover in one season. 3 FAs and Klefbom likely done and we got only Barrie back out of 4 players, and were lucky to do so given the contracts being handed out and the lack of quality left over in FA.

The plan seems to be working, Bouchard has turned a corner, Keith-Ceci are at least serviceable on D and good on offense so far. Let's see what Broberg can do.

Reactions: Mr Positive

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

you know I dare not even suggest this because of hockey god voodoo, but when you look at the huge changes in this team as it is now compared to what it was a few years ago when they were stuck at the bottom (even with McDrai), I think this team would even endure injury time on McDavid and/or Draisaitl. You would see several Oilers rise to the occasion and score more. The team would adopt a more defensive orientiation. The team would lose more games, but imo still would be right there competing for a playoff spot.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I have it on good authority that if you post a pic or Twitter link or stat about the actual topic without any words that it means you are not a fan of the team and a flaming troll.

Be better.lmao.

Context matters. He’s posting neutral information, you post information that is intended to sway viewers a certain way, no?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad