Proposal: Nugent-Hopkins for Ehlers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Look at his linemates without McDavid.

His three most common linemates are Chiasson, Puljujarvi, and Lucic.

Poor bastard Ehlers, having to ‘create offense by himself’ playing with Scheifele/Wheeler or Little/Laine.
So you're saying it is about his poor linemates, when the chart literally aims at disregarding their impacts?

Sounds an awful lot like Nuge is dependent on good linemates to create offense, then. Meanwhile, Ehlers has managed to elevate his linemates, even the good ones.

Reactions: Snowman

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
So you're saying it is about his poor linemates, when the chart literally aims at disregarding their impacts?

Sounds an awful lot like Nuge is dependent on good linemates to create offense, then. Meanwhile, Ehlers has managed to elevate his linemates, even the good ones.

Everyone plays better with better linemates. Difference is Ehlers has never and will never be tasked with the kind of heavy lifting that’s expected of RNH. He’s not the same caliber of player and this year is no exception.

You can show your chart if you like, but keep in mind they always benefit shooters on better teams.

You have nothing movable at all that I’d be interested in for RNH if you’d consider Ehlers ‘untouchable except for McDavid’ which remains one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen said on this board. I’m sure you’d deign to put together something miserable like Perreault and spare parts - just save it.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Contract could actually make sense for them too. They have some big tickets to sign and Nuge’s deal expiring in two years could actually help them.

I dont think Ehlers (or RNH in this case) is someone who they wanna dump. Ehlers at 6 is hard to replace, he has much better impact then Laine who would cost more to sign...

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I dont think Ehlers (or RNH in this case) is someone who they wanna dump. Ehlers at 6 is hard to replace, he has much better impact then Laine who would cost more to sign...

Laine’s the better player by far. He’s just having a bad year. More one dimensional sure but that dimension is otherworldly.

But if you really feel that way, RNH for Laine. Let’s go.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Laine’s the better player by far. He’s just having a bad year. More one dimensional sure but that dimension is otherworldly.

But if you really feel that way, RNH for Laine. Let’s go.

Did not say I wanted to dump Laine, and not now when his value is low as f***

Last edited by a moderator:

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
I did say what could be added to improve the deal. Ehlers i thought would do well with McDavid. And RNH could probably improve Laine.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I did say what could be added to improve the deal. Ehlers i thought would do well with McDavid. And RNH could probably improve Laine.

Everyone does well with McDavid. And no one does better than Draisaitl.

Drai would be on a 70-75 point pace without Connor but what we really need are guys that can stand on their own two legs and create their own offense. Tough to believe Ehlers does that considering he’s always got prime linemates. Benefit of depth I suppose.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Realistically Oilers aren’t going to offer enough to get the Jets to trade 6.5 years of Ehlers for 2.5 years of Nuge. Nuge is basically a non starter in regards of getting Ehlers imo

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
RNH for Stone (signed)

Now you have to factor for cap... since Stone will be getting 8 or 9 million.

This doesn't solve the Oilers problems IMO. Needs to be a bigger trade.

RNH + Sekera + Spooner + (Pulj + Yamamoto / or just +Bouchard - oilers choice) + 1st* TOTAL CAP = 13-14 million

for

Stone + Dzingle (This assumes extended) TOTAL CAP = 13-14 million

*1st is unprotected

*** Sekera and Spooner both come off at the start of Sens "Spending Window" 2021 - 2025 lol
*** RNH needs to be upped at the start of the Sens spending window or can be traded, he has close to the same trade value as a Stone would..

Sens run away like bandits imo if they are willing to swallow up Sekera (hey.. he might still be able to play) and spooner (big deal)

Oilers get some wingers for their top six.

I don't know man this is hurting my head.. Oilers are in a tough spot lol

How about Dzingle for Pulj straight up and call it a day..

Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Realistically Oilers aren’t going to offer enough to get the Jets to trade 6.5 years of Ehlers for 2.5 years of Nuge. Nuge is basically a non starter in regards of getting Ehlers imo

That’s fair... as long as you don’t expect offers of lesser bits and pieces like Petan be taken seriously.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Was wondering if this a good proposal. Both have the same salary. Jets need a 2nd line center, Oilers need a Winger to play with McDavid. Who adds. And what improvements can be made for the deal.

Better for the Jets . Does not do anything to improve the Oil

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Lol "Ehlers drives the play"

Really good play driver playing 60% with the Scheifele - Wheeler superduo and with 27 points in 40 games. (55 point pace)

:laugh::laugh:

Nuge gives us results. 78 point pace and the far superior 2 way player that plays both center and wing. Easy no to this downgrade. Playing with AHL wingers ev and with McDavid only on the pp he's near ppg. We're not giving that up.

I'm pretty sure Ehlers doesnt play with those guys Connor does.

Reactions: JetBlue420

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I still dont know how people still think RNH has huge value. I remember before the cbj got Jones Nash wanted RNH and a 1st and edm said no so we got Jones and then last year before he started playing wing and doing well Galchenyuk was rumored to have been on the move and apparently from a edm beat writter they said rnh for Galchenyuk was offered and mtl said no. That one threw me off but edm fans said the writter was legit.

Basically the cost and length and skill is lopsided to favor edm here Elhers is rhe better player easily

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
That’s fair... as long as you don’t expect offers of lesser bits and pieces like Petan be taken seriously.

Nope I didn’t offer or endorse any such offer of pieces. Oilers need Nuge much more then the Jets do and need him more then a winger.......but the Jets need a cheap productive winger signed to term much more then a new 2C.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I totally get why the Oilers wouldn't do this. It's seriously a step backward for them.

I really don't get Winnipeg fans saying they wouldn't do this though.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I still dont know how people still think RNH has huge value. I remember before the cbj got Jones Nash wanted RNH and a 1st and edm said no so we got Jones and then last year before he started playing wing and doing well Galchenyuk was rumored to have been on the move and apparently from a edm beat writter they said rnh for Galchenyuk was offered and mtl said no. That one threw me off but edm fans said the writter was legit.

Basically the cost and length and skill is lopsided to favor edm here Elhers is rhe better player easily
Pretty sure Nuge has more points than Johansson and not sure who that 1st would have been in the 2016 draft. Possibly Matthews (top 5)

Dodged a bullet if Oilers offered Nuge for Galy and MTL said no .. I've never heard of this before.

CommissionerGordon

Mar 10, 2017
And here's your problem with one for one. It looks good but it's a really bad matchup. Ehlers is the better more dynamic player. A grade for a B grade. Oilers win this trade by a mile. Add EDM 1st and now that's a fair deal. Just bc we're looking at top 10

The dynamism of a top line wing supercedes a vanilla #2-#3 center in Nugent-Hopkins.

Apologies for any tears.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Pretty sure Nuge has more points than Johansson and not sure who that 1st would have been in the 2016 draft. Possibly Matthews (top 5)

Dodged a bullet if Oilers offered Nuge for Galy and MTL said no .. I've never heard of this before.
Johansson no matter how much I hate that lazy bastard is the better player. He is the better goal scorer which is what I prefer in my guys. The RnH for Jones was 100% a thing they reported it that not on nhl network and someone last year wrote an article on the situation. And last year was the Galchenyuk deal which I agree was a bullet dodged but at that time both were stuggling big time. RNH hooked up with mcjesus though and corrected his path a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad