Proposal: Nugent-Hopkins for Carlo and Backes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
RNH plays LW

Dude i know you are trying to support your argument that Nuge is permanently on wing but fact is he's back at center again and Leon is back on McDavids wing. Nuge plays effective equally as well at center or wing! That's great versatility to have!

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Because Carlo is the offensive, puck moving defenseman we need! And let's add Lucic 2.0 to this equation as well! What a smart guy you are OP.

Reactions: Dan Kelly

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Carlo would be nice to have, but the last thing the Oilers need is another 6m dollar boat anchor of a contract.

It's a strong "no" on this one.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Carlo is a defensive dman and Edmonton could really use a good one of those. Not really a relevant point to compare point totals.

That said, no from Bruins and no from Oilers.

Why would the Bruins say no? Ridding them of the Backes contract would be a boon

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I can see The Nuge going to Boston but not for that package. Boston wants Krug they'll have to offer up Krug.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Every team has their homer fans. And in this thread there's a few die hard Bruins homers.

Some Oiler fans aren't grasping the fact that just because you guys come out worse does not mean the deal actually makes sense to be made on our end. The Bruins need a TOP 6 RW and then a 3C. There are only 2 more years of Backes (with the cap increasing). We have a 22yr old RFA top shutdown Dman that we need to sign and keep because he is of a lot of importance to our team. We would be trading away a player we know we need @ 22yrs old, for a player we don't actually need (and can get what we do need through FA - i.e. Mark Stone) all so we can unload 2 years of a $6m salary? Or are the people still criticizing still unable to get below face value here?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
This is not appealing to Edmonton. We're having a hard time scoring goals from our 2nd - 4th lines, and the solution is to move our best player who isn't on the top line and replace him with an overpaid, past his prime 4th line grinder? Makes no sense at all, even if Carlo is coming back.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I think Carlo and RNH should have similar value. Backes is negative at this point. Carlo is one of the best young defensive defensman in the NHL. I wouldn’t trade him unless we are getting a bigger fish.
lol , RNH value blows Carlo out the door, Even Chiarelli isn't biting on this ... sorry man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad