Waived: NSH Waives Mike Ribeiro - Clears

Hank Scorpio

Mar 7, 2010
Not a chance this happens, ribeiro is a locker room cancer. The debate begins and ends there.

Forget the locker room, could you imagine the media with his past? Everything would be reopened. Just a recipe for disaster, I'd rather keep DD.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
I guess he is gonna cost Nashville taking a player back to get him moved. Huh.

Nashville doesn't have to take anything, he can rot in the minors for the rest of the season for all we care, its not like we have to worry about resigning him or something if he holdsout

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I honestly think his contract was the biggest deterrent.

There are now currently 2 teams paying this guy not to play for them, one of those being the poorest team in the league. His contract is certainly not the biggest reason no one wants him.
Not many GMs want to deal with the problems that follow him around. Some GM desperate for offensive help might try to trade another bad contract for him later but I doubt it.
He has likely played his last game in the NHL and considering what's in his past the league is better for it.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Tonight some young kid is going to be out at the bar with his teammates and lose the bet.

And next game he's going to have to be the first one in the locker room to tell a Nanny joke.

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
The question is "IS Ribeiro that much trouble in the dressing room"? The fact he cleared tells me other NHL teams are staying clear of him

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
This is hilarious. Guy thinks teams want him, Preds show him he's worthless

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
The question is "IS Ribeiro that much trouble in the dressing room"? The fact he cleared tells me other NHL teams are staying clear of him

Or because they can acquire him in a trade where Nashville retains salary. I bet he'll be moved soon

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Or because they can acquire him in a trade where Nashville retains salary. I bet he'll be moved soon

That or they want to send back a contract (be it a bad one, or solely to maintain their # of contract slots)

Still, agree that it would be a humbling thing...

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It's incredible seeing so much ceaseless hate directed at the guy.

Some people are posting a clip of him from over a decade ago... hockey fans are an ornery, vindictive bunch.

The smoke around Ribeiro and the stories we do know have been near constant throughout most of his career. Sorry, he deserves the hate he gets and 29 GMs just tipped to the fact it is pretty real in terms of how he is viewed in NHL circles.

We will see if someone takes a chance on him retained. But Ribeiro really has nobody to blame but himself at this point, he is his own worst enemy.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

Some people are posting a clip of him from over a decade ago... hockey fans are an ornery, vindictive bunch.

Let's face it, he is the cause of most of the crap in his life. Not like he is a good person.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

He was kick off a team for alcohol related behavioral issues in 2014 and in mid 2015 settled a suit where he had to pay his 18 year old babysitter for sexually assaulting her. Yeah, he seems like a great person.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Had a thought, say for whatever reason he ends up in the AHL for the rest of the season. Currently the top Milwaukee scored has all of 29 points in 42 games. The team has 35 games left this season, what are Ribeiro's chance to end the year as the teams top scorer? Can he make up the 29 point deficit in 35 games?

Again this assumes he remains the rest of the season there which I think is unlikely, I would not be surprised if he gets called back up at some point or gets traded as other's have mentioned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad