Confirmed Trade: [NSH/SEA] Jeremy Lauzon for 2022 2nd round pick

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I think Lauzon could be a nice add, but not a game changer, does this mean NSH is ready to give up more assets today ? Because Lauzon alone wihout anything less seems less futures for slighlty better bottom pair right now.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
A second round pick for a 17-18 minute a night player on Seattle? That is high in my opinion.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Bit of an overpayment, and this indicates that Boro may be done for the season. We needed to upgrade Harpur as a depth defenseman, and I like that Lauzon’s also not a rental.

We have two 3rd’s next summer, and if that’s the original asking price, well, I’m not too upset.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I think Lauzon could be a nice add, but not a game changer, does this mean NSH is ready to give up more assets today ? Because Lauzon alone wihout anything less seems less futures for slighlty better bottom pair right now.

We might need an upgrade over Kunin/Tolvanen offensively, but we'll see.

Upgrading our bottom pairing was our biggest need, and that was before Boro and Benning were injured. Although Tennyson has been really good.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
We might need an upgrade over Kunin/Tolvanen offensively, but we'll see.

Upgrading our bottom pairing was our biggest need, and that was before Boro and Benning were injured. Although Tennyson has been really good.
Thanks for the insight. How dos NSH fans see the cap situation moving forward ? I see they have tons of cap space next year ! But with Forsberg to resign, Fabbro the year after that, Duchene, Josi and Ekholm's contracts maybe not looking as good in 3 years, maybe the cap situation is at a very good point right now.

When do you see the best window for them ? Right now ? Or in let's say four years when Johansen is off the books but taking the risk Forsberg, Duchene, Ekhlom, Josi are good players but past the level they have today ?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Thanks for the insight. How dos NSH fans see the cap situation moving forward ? I see they have tons of cap space next year ! But with Forsberg to resign, Fabbro the year after that, Duchene, Josi and Ekholm's contracts maybe not looking as good in 3 years, maybe the cap situation is at a very good point right now.

When do you see the best window for them ? Right now ? Or in let's say four years when Johansen is off the books but taking the risk Forsberg, Duchene, Ekhlom, Josi are good players but past the level they have today ?
Who knows. Most of us thought we were a bubble team going in at best. Team has been solid all season outside of that dip when we were playing very few games early in the year. We all thought we would still be in retool mode for a bit. I don't really think this is a sign of Poile gearing up for the playoffs but more that Boro may be injured fairly bad and so we need a replacement.

Reactions: Viqsi

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN

We're definitely in a good spot cap wise. I think we're in a good spot to contend, with Duchene, Granlund and Johansen playing well. I don't know if we'd be considered buyers with how loaded other teams are though, I think we just make the playoffs with our guys and see what happens, we're a lot better team offensively than when we made the finals.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Lauzon is a lot like Chiarot, takes way too many penalties, but in the playoffs, that’s a benefit since they won’t be called. Since Seattle isn’t making the playoffs for a couple years, this deal is fantastic.

They were called on him on the playoffs for Boston, unfortunately.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Eh....
Nashville's gotta hope the reason for Lauzon's play was Hakstol's system.
If not I don't think they'll be happy with spending a 2nd rounder on him.

BTW: It seems like Ronnie's going for all them 2nd rounders. :laugh:

He wasn’t good in the bruins system which suppresses offense at an elite level

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
What is Poile doing?
Both of our regular 3rd pair dmen are hurt. The fill ins we have either sucked when given the chance to play(Harpur, Myers) or are rookies(Davies, Tennyson) Poile is just solidifying the 3rd pair before the playoffs. And in typical Poile fashion, trades for an asset rather than a rental

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Literally need to hire somebody for $100,000 or something to wrestle phones, tablets, computers, anything Poile could use to make a trade to stop him from doing stupid shit like this every f***ing deadline we’re in or fighting for the playoffs.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Literally need to hire somebody for $100,000 or something to wrestle phones, tablets, computers, anything Poile could use to make a trade to stop him from doing stupid shit like this every f***ing deadline we’re in or fighting for the playoffs.
That's just... wrong. This is a good move. Wait until Myers gets to the Ads and you'll see why we needed this

Reactions: Viqsi

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
It sure looks like he was getting the toughest minutes in Seattle, so while his numbers don't look great; I suppose there's hope they improve in a much diminished role. I will say more penalties would be the last thing this team needs. I doubt many teams are going to out hit us at this point, so no surprise Poile is doubling down on that style of player.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Yes, we needed defensive depth and then Boro and Benning went on IR so we needed it more urgently. He's averaged 17 minutes with Seattle, good for 5th in defense for us. We'll see how he does with a more sheltered role.
Yep, he's our 5th defenseman now. And could be for the next 3-5 years.

Of course, nothing is a slam dunk, because after all we also thought Myers would be our 5th defenseman for the next 3-5 years, and look how that turned out. But that was indeed our biggest need. Possibly our only "NEED".

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Your biggest need was a 7th defenseman?

A 2nd for a depth defenseman is a bad deal to me.
If we viewed him as a 7th dman and a rental then I’d agree with you. Yeah it’s a bit of an overpayment but he’s gonna be getting 3rd pairing time with boro and Benning both injured. Our third pair has been a complete liability with boro and Benning out.

Besides guy is a rfa at end of the season, since Myers hasn’t turned out we still need someone for next season. On another note, our d group and pipeline is so full of offensive dmen we could really use a more stay at home type

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad