Confirmed Trade: [NSH/SEA] Jeremy Lauzon for 2022 2nd round pick

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Idk. I don’t hate it for Nashville. Probably would’ve been fair at a 3rd, but everyone with a chance of a cup run is adding D. Nashville didn’t have a choice.

Lauzon doesn’t suck either. It’s not like they overpaid slightly for a shit player

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Lauzon is a lot like Chiarot, takes way too many penalties, but in the playoffs, that’s a benefit since they won’t be called. Since Seattle isn’t making the playoffs for a couple years, this deal is fantastic.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Lauzon is a lot like Chiarot, takes way too many penalties, but in the playoffs, that’s a benefit since they won’t be called. Since Seattle isn’t making the playoffs for a couple years, this deal is fantastic.
The same number of penalties are called in the playoffs versus the regular season, in general. The only thing is that refs tend to let more go. Chiarot took 8 penalties in 22 games in last year's playoffs run, compared to 15 in 41 in the regular season, so basically the same rate.

Putting your team on the PK, especially in the playoffs, is never, ever a benefit, and in fact is a huge negative, since every 4-5 penalties you take result in a goal against (on top of costing your own team potential scoring chances if the game stayed at 5v5).

Last edited:

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
The same number of penalties are called in the playoffs versus the regular season, in general. The only thing is that refs tend to let more go. Chiarot took 8 penalties in 22 games in last year's playoffs run, compared to 15 in 41 in the regular season, so basically the same rate.

Putting your team on the PK, especially in the playoffs, is never, ever a benefit, and in fact is a huge benefit, since every 4-5 penalties you take result in a goal against (on top of costing your own team potential scoring chances if the game stayed at 5v5).
That's all fine but this stat doesn't say anything about the number of fouls committed. Sure, Chiarot took 8 penalties in 22 games but there were games in there where he should have been called for 8 in a single game.

The ratio of fouls committed to penalties called absolutely plummets in the playoffs. That's why teams are chasing these 'rugged' defensemen.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
That's all fine but this stat doesn't say anything about the number of fouls committed. Sure, Chiarot took 8 penalties in 22 games but there were games in there where he should have been called for 8 in a single game.

The ratio of fouls committed to penalties called absolutely plummets in the playoffs. That's why teams are chasing these 'rugged' defensemen.
You are sorta expanding on what I said about refs letting more go.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
If multiple teams are offering 3rd round picks, well, I guess one way to break the tie is to be the team that's willing to step up and pay a 2nd. It's more than I hoped for, but I do tend to trust the Preds when it comes to evaluating young D. If they wanted Lauzon enough to be willing to put in the winning bid, they probably had pretty good reasons. He does seem like a player who fits the current team identity.

Reactions: PredsV82

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Idk. I don’t hate it for Nashville. Probably would’ve been fair at a 3rd, but everyone with a chance of a cup run is adding D. Nashville didn’t have a choice.

Lauzon doesn’t suck either. It’s not like they overpaid slightly for a shit player

Eh....
Nashville's gotta hope the reason for Lauzon's play was Hakstol's system.
If not I don't think they'll be happy with spending a 2nd rounder on him.

BTW: It seems like Ronnie's going for all them 2nd rounders. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad