Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] RW Viktor Arvidsson (7 years, $4.25M AAV)

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Good contract for a middle-6 winger. Holy hell, did he ever break out last year. Wonder if that was an abberation, or a taste of things to come. Guess we'll find out.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Wow, total steal. Crazy that he signed for an AAV over $1 mil LESS than Tatar, when he's WAY better. Obviously the term is different, but when you're dealing with a very good 24 year old winger signed to a super cheap AAV, I'd argue the long term is a positive for the team, not a negative.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
wow. this is a steal. how does poile keep on doing this? arvidsson should fire his agent. should have gotten minimum 5 or done a bridge deal instead.

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
Good contract for a middle-6 winger. Holy hell, did he ever break out last year. Wonder if that was an abberation, or a taste of things to come. Guess we'll find out.

He should give a big chunk of cash to Johansen and Forsberg.
The JOFA line. - https://www.nhl.com/predators/news/...rformance-for-nashville-predators/c-288912958

A good read on that line and what Ryan Johansen brings to that line/team in Nashville.
https://www.ontheforecheck.com/2017/6/15/15797768/what-ryan-johansen-brings-to-nashville

Johansen should get the rest of money the preds saved on some contracts, he's the engine for that team up front.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
Looks like Poile is one of the few managers who knows how to pay players what they're worth, a.k.a. not overpay them.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
7 years after 1 good season has some risk in it, but that is why the cap hit is low for a term deal. Arvidsson is cashing in and giving himself some security.

With all the love he is getting, I mean Polie had 4 players getting paid and not playing for the Preds last year due to him buying out their contracts, 5 if you include Ribero being paid to stay home.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Kinda weird. Seems like Arvidsson took the security of long-term over the risk that he takes a step back next year. On basically one strong year, which isn't the most leverage.
Which is fair i guess, i'm not convinced he'll sustain quite the sort of production he notched this year. Still seems like even with a notable step back next year, he could've secured himself some more money than that with an extra year of decent production in the bank.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Wow, total steal. Crazy that he signed for an AAV over $1 mil LESS than Tatar, when he's WAY better. Obviously the term is different, but when you're dealing with a very good 24 year old winger signed to a super cheap AAV, I'd argue the long term is a positive for the team, not a negative.

Tatar had 3 20+ goal seasons so he was in a stronger position than Arvidsson.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
This Arvidsson contract could probably be perfect comparable for Anthony Mantha at next summer.

Arvidsson has now 142 games, 39+38=77 points.

If Mantha has 72-game, 26+21=47-point season at next season (quite possible), they will have identical stats in same amount of games. Age difference ~1 year.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Meh a lot of guys had career years that they won't repeat.

I don't see them getting back to the cup anytime soon, they're not even the best team in their division.

Yeah, I'm sure you called them making the run this year. Please keep us posted on any further predictions so we can all wager our mortgages accordingly.

Macbanan

Dec 28, 2013
Uppsala, Sweden
There's always some risk to the team signing a long contract, especially after one good year. He is 24, and his salary means he has to perform like at the minimum third liner during the term. I'd say that's a pretty safe bet.

On the other hand I think it's a good contract for arvidsson as well. He's 24 and he hasn't been payed good money yet. This contract will make him 30 million. Sure he could try to establish himself for a few years with greater salary and try making 40-45 in the same years but players are always at risk of a career ending injury or regression and he could end up with nothing.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

Their negotiations aren't anywhere near comparable, but go on.

Doubt Arvy puts up 60 on the wings.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
7 years after 1 good season has some risk in it, but that is why the cap hit is low for a term deal. Arvidsson is cashing in and giving himself some security.

With all the love he is getting, I mean Polie had 4 players getting paid and not playing for the Preds last year due to him buying out their contracts, 5 if you include Ribero being paid to stay home.

Right? I think it's a fair contract but jeez. The comments here.

vaiski

Dec 27, 2015
Tatar has to pay ~7% points higher taxes than Arvidsson. Their actual dollar averages are approximately 2.91M$ for Tatar and 2.63M$ for Arvidsson.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Tatar has to pay ~7% points higher taxes than Arvidsson. Their actual dollar averages are approximately 2.91M$ for Tatar and 2.63M$ for Arvidsson.
How do you figure that? I mean without knowing who each team plays on the road, how can you say how much they're taxed.

You're taxed on the city you play in that night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad