Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] RW Viktor Arvidsson (7 years, $4.25M AAV)

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I don't get the love for this contract. He's had one good season and had 3 goals in the playoffs.. 7 years is a big risk. It will be a steal if he is consistently a 25-30 goal 50-60P player.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I don't get the love for this contract. He's had one good season and had 3 goals in the playoffs.. 7 years is a big risk. It will be a steal if he is consistently a 25-30 goal 50-60P player.

People said the same thing about the Klefbom contract when he had around 100 NHL games

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011

He scored above those numbers as a 2nd year player. Put him with McDavid and I bet he'd out produce Draisitl who you guys will likely sign around the 8m per mark. His even strength numbers are really strong and anyone who bets against him is making a foolish bet in my opinion. Even if he regresses to 50 points he's a strong defensive player and would still be a steal. His lack of PP production would indicate to me that he's a strong bet to increase production not regress. This is a player who had 85% of his points at 5 on 5 and a sub 10% on ice shooting percentage.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
People said the same thing about the Klefbom contract when he had around 100 NHL games
True. But Klefbom was always tracking to be the player he is now.
He scored above those numbers as a 2nd year player. Put him with McDavid and I bet he'd out produce Draisitl who you guys will likely sign around the 8m per mark.

So you're saying Arvidsson > Draisaitl?

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
Firstly, the market would suggest less. Secondly, Poile's track record would suggest less.

7x7.25

Nope for the first line center Poile has coveted forever and also one that elected not to go to arbitration? Poile will cave in this case.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
True. But Klefbom was always tracking to be the player he is now.

So you're saying Arvidsson > Draisaitl?

In terms of potential or who is the better player right now? Yes I'd say Arvidsson is the better player right now at least in the regular season. He's certainly a better defensive player and a superior 5 on 5 player. That said, Draisitl went full beast mode in the playoffs and I think his upside is through the roof. But yes, Arvidsson was a better regular season player last year.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
In terms of potential or who is the better player right now? Yes I'd say Arvidsson is the better player right now at least in the regular season. He's certainly a better defensive player and a superior 5 on 5 player. That said, Draisitl went full beast mode in the playoffs and I think his upside is through the roof. But yes, Arvidsson was a better regular season player last year.

I don't think Arvy is as good as Drai defensively...

Drai gets Kopitar comparisons for a reason...

Also Drai had more points...

Not hating on Arvy but come on.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015

:popcorn:

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
If he can be a 30 goal scorer consistently then that a hell of a deal.

Yeah, good thing for them is he doesn't even need to hit that level to justify the contract. They have a lot of leeway for it to be solid at worst and plenty of upside for it to be really good.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg

I suppose there's a risk he pulls a Craig Smith, but that would have to be considered an outlier event. 30 goals at 24 is not an easy thing to do, and to get him at $4.25 is a helluva deal.

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
Confirmed by Adam Vignan of the Tennessean 7 yrs x $29.75 mil.

Woooooooo!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad