Confirmed Trade: [NSH/PHI] Wayne Simmonds for Ryan Hartman and 2020 conditional 4th round pick

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Simmonds with 1 goal 2 assists 3 points in 17 regular season games and 2 playoff games played with 0 points for him with Nashville and Nashville is now eliminated in round 1

Wow just wow

Those deadline acquisitions meant everything. And tomorrow, one of vegas or San Jose gets to eat dirt.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Simmonds with 1 goal 2 assists 3 points in 17 regular season games and 2 playoff games played with 0 points for him with Nashville and Nashville is now eliminated in round 1

Wow just wow
Yep, and everyone was crapping on Zucc when the comparisons were made.

People want big, hard hitting grinders for the play offs they said.

No one wants a quick skillful hobbit who leaves it all on the ice every night they said.

Reactions: TGWL and bl02

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
He sucked but so does Hartman, so whatever.
I don't think Hartman sucks, but for whatever reason the coaching staff in Nashville didn't really warm to him. He might have been a healthy scratch here again if we had kept him. I'm just going to assume there was something off the ice that they didn't like about him, because otherwise I don't really understand why they seemed so disinclined to utilize him to best effect.

So yeah, Hartman was a better player, but it probably makes no difference since the Preds would have got about as much out of him as they did out of Simmonds - nada.

What really burns is the trade they made to GET Hartman from Chicago. They gave up a lot with a specific long term role in mind for Hartman. Then proceeded to squander that asset.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Hartman was 46th in ES points for RW. That's not sucking.
He was lucky to get the icetime with, Arvidsson, Forsberg, Turris, Watson, and Salomaki all out for the same 22 games or so. Hats off to him for making the most of it, but when he dropped back to his normal role, he was a complete non factor.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He was lucky to get the icetime with, Arvidsson, Forsberg, Turris, Watson, and Salomaki all out for the same 22 games or so. Hats off to him for making the most of it, but when he dropped back to his normal role, he was a complete non factor.
He produced at the exact same PPG rate in Philly playing on the 3rd and 4th line. I am not saying Hartman is great. But at ES the last 3 years, he has between 26-30 ES points in each year.

Simmonds had 22 ES points this year, 28 last year, 27 2 years ago

That's pretty darn similar with the edge going to Hartman this year at ES. Simmonds is obviously better at special teams....but Flyers fans saw his drop happening their too and wanted JVR and Patrick to get his icetime instead.

Hartman will play of the Flyers 3rd or 4th line this year, Simmonds the same.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad