Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] Nashville sign Dan Hamhuis (2 years-$1,25 million AAV)

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Damn, Hamhuis-Irwin not a bad bottom pairing.

I completely forgot this guy was even a UFA.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Some brakes need to be pumped here, hes a solid veteran, but hes fallen off pretty drastically since he left Vancouver

He's your average 3rd pair dman at this point with a solid resume and veteran experience

Would equate him to Oduya when the Blackhawks took a second flier on him. There just isnt that much left, but they are both warriors with a lot of miles on them

HarvP19

Nov 19, 2014
Im pretty surprised about this, preds fans were pretty upset about the comments he made before left smashvill. Water under the bridge? Preds fans ok with this?

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
And hopefully offloading some rotation of the top-4 guys on penalty-killing perhaps too. Josi and Ellis in particular seemed burned out in the playoffs.

I'm not sure if this is just selective memory at this point but Josi was f***ing garbage on the PK last year. Or am I just crazy? Someone confirm, I might be still salty over his playoff performance.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Yes, those comments were from 8 years ago and he's back where he started so the joke is on him.
Plus... well, things have changed for the better, so even though he should never have made those comments, he'll see some differences and I'm sure recognize what a dolt he was to make them. He's kind of already acknowledging that just by signing. Some reporter will ask about it at some point, and he'll have to admit how wrong he was and how amazing the crowds and atmosphere are today. Hopefully he's rehearsing how to say that the right way. :)

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Some brakes need to be pumped here, hes a solid veteran, but hes fallen off pretty drastically since he left Vancouver

He's your average 3rd pair dman at this point with a solid resume and veteran experience

Would equate him to Oduya when the Blackhawks took a second flier on him. There just isnt that much left, but they are both warriors with a lot of miles on them

As long as he is better than Emelin, Irwin, Y. Weber and Bitetto this is a pretty big win for the Preds.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Plus... well, things have changed for the better, so even though he should never have made those comments, he'll see some differences and I'm sure recognize what a dolt he was to make them. He's kind of already acknowledging that just by signing. Some reporter will ask about it at some point, and he'll have to admit how wrong he was and how amazing the crowds and atmosphere are today. Hopefully he's rehearsing how to say that the right way. :)

He is going to be shocked when he starts exploring Middle TN. So much has changed in eight years...

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Really good signing. Can still play top 4 minutes but on a team that could use him on the bottom pairing this just makes Nashville even stronger defensively. Of course he stays in the division and goes to the strongest defensive team. Yay

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
Could have been why nashville went 2 years (maybe they wanted to, don't know) caps only wanted someone for 1 year
I think the 2 years is a stop gap for Poile. No guarantee that Fabbro signs with the Preds and if Ellis doesn’t resign, then Poile is somewhat covered next season.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Oh thank god. Irwin - Weber isn't an awful pairing but Hamhuis would upgrade them to decent.
Hamhuis does have some chemistry with Weber from playing in Vancouver, though they didn't play together a ton. This is a great retirement contract for Hamhuis, and a nice touch to go back to where it all started.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Defense only wont win you cups, this is still a game where you need to score goals to win games and Nashville doesn't have enough goal scorers. What good will more defense do for them?

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Nashville doesn’t have any retired numbers yet, but if they were to ever start a Ring of Honour Hamhuis is a good candidate. Solid soldier who was always just good at about everything. Short term and low money, no risk and a shot at playoff hockey again for him. Seems like everyone comes out ahead on this one

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00