Confirmed Trade: [NSH/MIN] Nick Bonino, 37th overall, 70th overall, for Luke Kunin and 101st overall

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Woof. Having a 33 year old getting 6 million to be a liability out there and play on the first line is not good. Poor Fiala.

It's also not likely to happen.

Bonino will play shut down 3C role.

This will allow the Wild to lighten JEE's workload (who had good 5v5 scoring numbers, but saw zero PP minutes) and see if they can stretch more offense out of him. The combo of JEE and Bonino will allow them to shelter Rossi with tons of O zone starts.

Might work. Might not. But their top 9 centers are likely a heck of a lot better than they were 2 days ago.

Reactions: Legegendsofthenorth

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Kinda feel bad for Minny fans. Good posters on here and they deserve better direction than the one Guerin is currently showing

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Don't know what Minny is doing with this one.

This is what they are doing with this one.

I swear, people can't look past Kunin's age and Bonino's age and evaluate what this trade does. Outside of shedding Dubnyk, this makes the most sense of literally anything Guerin has done.

It makes us better next year by strengthening a position of weakness at the expense of a position of strength(and have more coming in the near future in Boldy/Beckman)

It removes a likely expansion target in favor of someone we don't have to protect.

It acquires high picks for the future, and we can probably flip Bonino for more at the deadline if we're inclined

And it was a fair value.

I liked Kunin alot, and at a visceral gut level, I don't like it.

But the reasoning is sound all around, and it makes all the sense in the world.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Nah, a joke is funny. It‘s beyond that.
Trade bad, draft worse, but never aim for a top pick...thanks to one of the best top 4 D.

dude your comment is beyond Comical and dumb. Wild had a top 15 prospect pool coming into this draft and wild by Huge Margin have been huge winners in this draft.

Just shut up with this Comical, ignorant takes since you know jack Squat about wild

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
No need to be troll to see Wild is one of the worst organizations in the league. Biggest achievements making two horrible fa signings :laugh:

& eliminating your team in Game 7. What has Colorado accomplish? Oh yeah Jack Squat either until last year. Your team was a complete Embarrasing with a crappy coach who had to be fired

King 88

Mar 5, 2010
& eliminating your team in Game 7. What has Colorado accomplish? Oh yeah Jack Squat either until last year. Your team was a complete Embarrasing with a crappy coach who had to be fired
Ok still not Colorado fan buddy. But at least they have future unlike minnesota mild :laugh::laugh::laugh:

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Kinda feel bad for Minny fans. Good posters on here and they deserve better direction than the one Guerin is currently showing
I think you’ll find that most Wild fans are happy with the direction of the team and the overall moves being made. We just don’t like when Guerin gets torched on value which, for this trade, I don’t think he did.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
For the nerds and historians out there here's how the David Gosselin saga has played out for Nashville:

On July 1st, 1998, before the Predators take the ice for the first time we sign David Gosselin as a free agent

Gosselin and 5th are then traded to Dallas for rights to Mann and Ed Belfour in 2002.

Belfour's rights expire and we gain a 2nd in 2003(Weber)

We trade Weber to Montreal for Subban straight across in 2016

Subban goes to New Jersey for Santini, Davies, '19 2nd, '20 2nd in 2019

We move 34th in '19 to Philly to go down to 45(Afanasyev) and 65(Cambell)

Today we traded Bonino, 37th(Marat Khusnutdinov) and 70th(Traded to Detroit;Eemil Viro) in '20 To Minnesota for Kunin and 101st in '20. (Adam Wilsby)

Nashville has Kunin, Afanasyev, Cambell, and Wilsby are still with the team currently.

Reactions: ujju2

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Guerin hated the locker room and culture and decided to blow up what he could. It's not like Kunin was or will be an allstar. This is a slow build toward how he wants the next version of the Wild to work and compete. Wait and see I guess.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Guerin hated the locker room and culture and decided to blow up what he could. It's not like Kunin was or will be an allstar. This is a slow build toward how he wants the next version of the Wild to work and compete. Wait and see I guess.

Why keep Greenway then? He had issues with Greenway's attitude and behavior. If he wants to change the culture it should start with Parise, and move to Greenway shortly after.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Why keep Greenway then? He had issues with Greenway's attitude and behavior. If he wants to change the culture it should start with Parise, and move to Greenway shortly after.

Maybe Greenway will be dealt as well....and I'm sure if Guerin can get a taker for Parise, he will also be moved.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Weird trade by Minnesota to get rid of Kunin like that.

I don't think Kunin is anything special. Don't think he has much offensive upside, really the only notable plus offensive skill he has is his release which is pretty good. Other than that he's mostly just about hard work and doing the right things. Tough to project him to be anything more than a hard working 20-20 middle 6 right shot winger. But that has its own value. He is young and was probably going to sign for 2.5-3M/yr and it would've been pretty good value all things considered. Also they were really lacking right shooting wingers and now got rid of the only one they had.

So it's weird. I thought Kunin was going to be part of the new Wild going forward, being a type of glue guy and playing a meaningful role even if it's not a high scoring one, maybe a little bit like Jenner in Columbus. Expansion draft is irrelevant because they are going have to expose and lose a similar level player anyway (unless they trade them all, which is probably not going to happen).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad