Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] Matt Carle (1 year, $700K)

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
He's an upgrade on Jackman and Bitetto.

Probably on par with Jackman before he really lost it down the stretch last year. Bitetto on the other hand is clearly better than both, you could watch him get noticeably better as the year went on and he definitely deserves to get the benefit of the doubt as the number 5 going into camp, smart player who skates well, but that 5 spot is probably his ceiling.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Probably on par with Jackman before he really lost it down the stretch last year. Bitetto on the other hand is clearly better than both, you could watch him get noticeably better as the year went on and he definitely deserves to get the benefit of the doubt as the number 5 going into camp, smart player who skates well, but that 5 spot is probably his ceiling.
Agreed, 2bit is turning into a solid physical 2 way guy.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
the guy is still being paid by Tampa. They're basically paying him to play for us.

It's a depth move and adds some veteran presence to the blueline. I don't mind the signing.

mgd525

May 18, 2007
Carle sucks but at 700k, nothing wrong with this for NSH. He should be the number 7 or will get sent down.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
When team sign worthless pylons you realize money is a non-factor.

I would suit up for 82 games for $700,000 if you want, Nashville? Call me.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
the guy is still being paid by Tampa. They're basically paying him to play for us.

It's a depth move and adds some veteran presence to the blueline. I don't mind the signing.
If that's your justification, you're free to it. At least the team isn't shelling out 5.5M a year for this bum anymore.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Shocked he got a spot.

Seems like a good guy, so I wish him the best. Maybe the motivation of having to basically start over will spark him to get his game back. But, as of now, he's a liability more nights than he's not. He's not an NHL defenseman anymore.

creg78*

Nashville loading up on talent this year, good depth move for them

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Anything that could keep Y.Weber out of the Preds lineup is pretty much a win. Their Top-4 is pretty stacked, but their 3rd pairing looks kinda like garbage.

At $700k, not really much harm in giving Carle a shot. He really cannot be worse than Weber, honestly. I just don't think it can be done.

BobbyShehan

May 29, 2008
NJ
Anything that could keep Y.Weber out of the Preds lineup is pretty much a win. Their Top-4 is pretty stacked, but their 3rd pairing looks kinda like garbage.

At $700k, not really much harm in giving Carle a shot. He really cannot be worse than Weber, honestly. I just don't think it can be done.

Welcome to a whole new dimension...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad