Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] Matt Carle (1 year, $700K)

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
700k is a lot closer to his value than 5.5m lol. He can occasionally be a passable top 4 guy between long stretches of awfulness. If that brief period happens to coincide with the playoffs this could be a great signing for Nashville.

whlscowt

A little extra competition for that 6th spot with Weber and Granberg. Seems like a good signing for the Preds even if Carle really has struggled. I think they have a solid top 5 (big believer in Bitetto) but after that the depth falls off a cliff, adding a veteran for 700k to maybe fill a little bit of that hole seems like good organizational management.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
I'm totally ok with this for this price. LOL. Nothing wrong with having depth and a chance at a reclamation (albeit very small chance). It's not like any of our 5-7 guys are gonna be playing big minutes anyways.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
A little extra competition for that 6th spot with Weber and Granberg. Seems like a good signing for the Preds even if Carle really has struggled. I think they have a solid top 5 (big believer in Bitetto) but after that the depth falls off a cliff, adding a veteran for 700k to maybe fill a little bit of that hole seems like good organizational management.

A very good post. Carle can bring some experience at the very least - if it's not enough, he can be buried without any problems. Expectations are minimal, so it's not like he could flop that much.

His new cap hit is about 13% of what he had last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad