Confirmed Buy-Out [NSH] Kyle Turris and Steven Santini

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
The alternative would be to spend $6M in cap for 4 years hoping he could one day crack 35 points or play PK.

Reactions: deflowd

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I called it back when he signed that deal:

Come back in a few years. There's no way Turris is making it to 34 @ $6M. He'll get bought out, guaranteed. He's just fast enough to be effective right now. If he even loses half a step, while the rest of the league continues to become faster and faster, he'll be completely useless. He doesn't have the size or the IQ to overcome that.

Rumor: - Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2018-2019

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Oof

No other word to describe it i guess.

While i do think Turris still has 2C level productivity in him in the right environment, it's impossible to move that kind of salary right now.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
It just makes way too much sense for everybody for Turris to sign one year in Winnipeg.

-Perfect stop gap for Perfetti
-Turris has the chance to be a 2c centering two great young players, Ehlers and Laine.
-Puts Turris in the best position to succeed and cash in next off season.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Would take him in Edmonton for cheap. But he probably goes to Winnipeg to play with high end players on a 2nd line.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I have no issue in bringing in Turris, even as a center, to spread out some scoring.

I do have massive reservations with how Benning has thrown money at UFAs in the past.

I hope Gear has the right of refusal on offering big, ridiculous contracts, especially if we are pursuing UFAs with Benning's/Gear's handling of Toffoli, Tanev and Markstrom so far.
I have no faith in Benning as a GM so I understand this reservation whole-heartedly. This is more of a what I would do, but my "no experience" probably puts me on par with Jimmy.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I have no faith in Benning as a GM so I understand this reservation whole-heartedly. This is more of a what I would do, but my "no experience" probably puts me on par with Jimmy.

Well don't be THAT hard on yourself buddy.

If we can do it for a workable term, and cap hit, I'm all for it, but I don't see that as being a plausible scenario as of yet.

#BoondockforGM

Hitemwith4

Jul 1, 2019
Do players still get the full salary (whats remaining of it) or is 2/3 like the cap hit?

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
With Bonino being traded and the Turris buyout all of a sudden Nashville has some cash to spend on Friday.

Future buy outs! What could possibly go wrong, Poile is great with a few dollars in his hands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad