Confirmed Buy-Out [NSH] Kyle Turris and Steven Santini

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Well, he scored at a 41 point pace just last year. But yes, he is soft and definitely has some warts. But it's also not like DRW has any chance at competing any time soon. Sign him for a year, give him a ton of minutes and flip him at the deadline when he scores at a 50+ point pace.

I think on our team he might not hit 45 PTS and likely very weak defensively!

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'd have given him a "prove yourself" shot here in Columbus if we hadn't just traded for Domi.

I don't know what the heck Poile is doing.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Watch them trade for Stamkos now..
I'm nervous that this is the plan. Poile has never had a problem with guys over 30, and Stamkos has a pretty great contract. I can't see them creating this hole down the middle without a plan to fill it. As a TB fan, I'm concerned.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Wow that will be expensive for Nashville. Where does Turris end up?

TK

Feb 26, 2019

Last year he was flipped all over the lineup with all different linemates and scored at a 41 pt pace. He'll score at a 50+ point pace if you stick him the top 6 and give him minutes. He'd probably still hurt the Wings chances of winning games, but he'll put up points.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I'm nervous that this is the plan. Poile has never had a problem with guys over 30, and Stamkos has a pretty great contract. I can't see them creating this hole down the middle without a plan to fill it. As a TB fan, I'm concerned.
Still have Johansen/Duchene and then Sissons was likely to take over the 3C from Bonino starting next season anyway. Jarnkrok can still play center and Tomasino will be given a shot this season as well. Unless we're playing him on the wing, Stamkos doesn't make a ton of sense, it just puts us back into the dilemma of the 3 centers that need a top 6 role and can't play the 3C. Hall would be a much more likely target, especially considering the Hynes connection.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Why was Santini bought out?

Thought that was an odd move as well, but looking at Capfriendly, it's pretty negligible... less than $50K dead cap this year and $275K next year. $550K in actual dollars over the 2 years, and saves them just over $1mil

So I'd say cost cutting.... or perhaps freeing up a roster spot. Doubt it's a favor to Santini as he'd be exactly the type of middling player to really feel the COVID squeeze in contract talks

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
It's the year of buy-outs. Makes sense when there's less money coming in, and the cap staying flat. But dang.

Turris will land on his feet. Winnipeg, Detroit, maybe Minnesota could have interest.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Let's hope you get 1st overall this time if that's the case. It's honestly ridiculous that the Wings pick 4th after the season they had.

Reactions: Oddbob

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I think maybe Vancouver swoops him up.
I was thinking he might be a low cost replacement in our top 6. He would need to play wing, but with the likely loss of Tofolli the Canucks will need to find a replacement. I would be happy to give Turris a shot with the home town team for a 1-2 year prove it deal.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Is Turris really so bad? Couldn't they have traded him away with 2M$ retention to a team, or is he not even worth 4M$ these days?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Turris is not better than Kerfoot right now. He's been brutal for the last couple seasons.

Yes he is better than Kerfoot and even if they were the same caliber Turris is a full time center and will be cheaper than Kerfoot which means extra cap space to add other players

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Truly amazing to see just how far he's fallen....

2 years into a 6 year deal at at age 28 -- and now he's getting bought out.

It also means that Nashville couldnt even find a team who thought he might be worth a $4m x 4 year deal.

They may have if it wasn't for Covid. But what team is going to take a flyer on Turris at even 4M with how poorly he's played?

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Oilers need some forwards for cheap. I wonder if he’d sign a one year deal to play with McDavid or Draisaitl?

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I was thinking he might be a low cost replacement in our top 6. He would need to play wing, but with the likely loss of Tofolli the Canucks will need to find a replacement. I would be happy to give Turris a shot with the home town team for a 1-2 year prove it deal.

I have no issue in bringing in Turris, even as a center, to spread out some scoring.

I do have massive reservations with how Benning has thrown money at UFAs in the past.

I hope Gear has the right of refusal on offering big, ridiculous contracts, especially if we are pursuing UFAs with Benning's/Gear's handling of Toffoli, Tanev and Markstrom so far.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Poile has been a GM since 1982, he’s been to 1 Final, and off the top of my head Michal Pivonka is probably the best center he’s drafted

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Turris bought out.

No one:

Nashville fans on the trade boards insisting he had value:
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Homeboi actually talking like people even insisted he had value.

Neat meme tho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad