[NSH-COL] Kuemper is clipped through the mask with Johansen's stick. Kuemper tries to make his way to the bench but collapses to the ice part way.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
You never like to see an injury but when it's in the face/eye area it's just so brutal. Hope he's alright and that there's no real long term damage.

Reactions: bukwas

Moregoalspls

Nov 24, 2017
I hope he's ok. Is there any reason they can't get plastic in the eye area? Fog? Glare?

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Not saying its intentional or anything... but wtf was Johansen doing with his stick there? So weird.

I don't think I've ever waved my stick at a goalie like that before.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I don't see any intent or even awareness of his stick being in an area that could cause that injury.
I file it under an unfortunate accident.
it is an accident (likely) but it is weird that someone would have no awareness around a goalie like that.

I would file it under extreme carelessness.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Not saying its intentional or anything... but wtf was Johansen doing with his stick there? So weird.

I don't think I've ever waved my stick at a goalie like that before.

From overhead view, seems like he was trying to deflect the puck that was thrown to the net.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Lehk had a shift where he fell as he was forechecking then got up and fell again as he was skating back into the play. Man can't control himself. No wonder Toronto gave him the goal.

Reactions: The Moops

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I think I'm OK with the NHL giving the Avs the win on the goalie interference call to make up for Kuemper getting hurt with no call.

I mean... it was called a goal on the ice, Lehkonen was out of the crease with Granlund pushing him from behind, and the contact that was made didn't adjust Ingram's positioning. It wasn't a horrible challenge, but there is a strong case why it wasn't overturned.

Reactions: AlysonChainz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad