Confirmed Trade: [NSH/ARI] Jason Zucker for 2024 6th round pick

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Man has he really fallen that far off. Would love him on the bruins at that price

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It really hurts Arizona in these deadline deals that they can't retain salary.
I think they retained on Bjugstad last deadline and brokered some deals, too. Like Pat Kane. They used all 3 retention slots last deadline. They might this deadline too. They have dumba to trade and probably a deal to broker.

Reactions: Edenjung

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
What in the ever-loving f*** did Arizona do to Zucker? A sixth?! Good grief, way to sign a vet built to be traded at the deadline and completely flatline his value.
It's shocking. The Zucker of last year, when healthy, would've been at least worth a 2nd on a day like today. He is just one year removed from 27 goals, what the hell has happened in the desert?

Also, if this is how the market sees him, I would love to see the Pens throw him a low, multiyear deal to rebuild himself. Seemed like a fantastic team guy when he was here, and played well when healthy.

beardawg

Feb 12, 2015
Washington, DC
25 years of 6th round picks and the best players Nashville has picked are Mike Santorelli, Tony Bitetto, and Marek Mazanec....I'll take the gamble on Zucker for 20 games

Reactions: Gnashville

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
It's shocking. The Zucker of last year, when healthy, would've been at least worth a 2nd on a day like today. He is just one year removed from 27 goals, what the hell has happened in the desert?

Also, if this is how the market sees him, I would love to see the Pens throw him a low, multiyear deal to rebuild himself. Seemed like a fantastic team guy when he was here, and played well when healthy.

I think it's pretty clear he is worth more than that but the most important thing for Arizona was not to eat cash, just like the Chychrun deal.

Reactions: Extra Texture

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
What in the ever-loving f*** did Arizona do to Zucker? A sixth?! Good grief, way to sign a vet built to be traded at the deadline and completely flatline his value.

No, what did Zucker do to Arizona? Yeah, it was a shitty team, but he had enough minutes with decent enough linemates to put up better numbers than 25 points in 51 games.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Thanks for sharing.
That’s my opinion. That’s what this board is for. Thanks for your sarcastic remark.

Nothing says the future like a 6th round pick....
Would you rather have a guy who maybe gets 6-7 points for remainder of season and no show as always in playoffs then walks as free agent or you want a draft pick??

6-7 points or a pick?? Hmmm

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
That’s my opinion. That’s what this board is for. Thanks for your sarcastic remark.

Would you rather have a guy who maybe gets 6-7 points for remainder of season and no show as always in playoffs then walks as free agent or you want a draft pick??

6-7 points or a pick?? Hmmm
Odds are those 6-7 points are more valuable. You're really overselling the value of a 6th round pick here.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
What a waste for Arizona. If you're not willing to retain cash, this is the near-nothing you're going to get back for a decent rental player. Nashville says thank you for your organizational ineptitude.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Isn't retention just a paper transaction? I can't see any of these other teams paying $2 or $3 million in actual salary and getting a 4th round pick for being the broker in a deal to retain salary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad