Confirmed Trade: [NSH/ARI] Jason Zucker for 2024 6th round pick

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
If we traded anything more than a fourth for him the Preds lose this trade. He’s aging and doesn’t even crack out top six. Trotz should have just kept trenin.
We get on a small win streak and all of a sudden we are all in cup contenders lol

Keep building for the future Barry. This ain’t a good move.
Hopefully the fact that we don't need retention and can pay him all his money will matter more to Arizona than the draft pick. I say we give the Dallas 6th we have for him. Then the scouting staff can pack up early on Draft day. But highest I would go is the Edmonton 4th. Anything higher than that is too much.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Whatever we gave up for him is too much.
He’s been awesome his whole career until this one crappy season in crappy Arizona. I really wouldn’t read too much into a poor 50 games in AZ. You’re likely getting the player he’s always been rather than the player he’s been in AZ.

JD86

Feb 29, 2024
Jankowski has been playing on Novak's wing. Zucker for a 6th? Fantastic move

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Interesting. If it's anything less than a 4th I like this move. We're not in a position where I'd feel comfortable paying for guys like Guentzel, but if Trotz can strengthen the team with a low cost I'm all for it

Reactions: Soundgarden

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Interesting. If it's anything less than a 4th I like this move. We're not in a position where I'd feel comfortable paying for guys like Guentzel, but if Trotz can strengthen the team with a low cost I'm all for it
Just got confirmation it's a 6th. :thumbu:

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
Why? Vancouver needed to do something and are running out of options
Vancouver doesn’t need to do anything. Their window is just opening in a year where the West is gonna be an absolute gauntlet. Hang on to our prospects and picks who we’ll need as ELC’s in the coming years.

Zucker is certainly not a missing piece for us or anyone else

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
He’s been awesome his whole career until this one crappy season in crappy Arizona. I really wouldn’t read too much into a poor 50 games in AZ. You’re likely getting the player he’s always been rather than the player he’s been in AZ.
He’s been bad for a while.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
WHAT!? Just a 6th? No way. No way there has to be more coming back. Like a conditional 3rd or something. No way does Zucker go for a 6th given the recent trades.

beardawg

Feb 12, 2015
Washington, DC
Vancouver doesn’t need to do anything. Their window is just opening in a year where the West is gonna be an absolute gauntlet. Hang on to our prospects who we’ll need as ELC’s in the coming years.

Zucker is certainly not a missing piece for us or anyone else
Maybe not a missing piece, but he's a nice upgrade on Mark Jankowski to play with Novak and Evangelista

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad