Now who's the best active player without a Cup?

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
I can see you're a NYR fan.

And you are Vancouver fan, what's your point here?

You determine how deserving a player is by how a person conducts interviews. By your own standards then Ovechkin, Subban, Crosby etc. etc. don't/didn't deserve a cup before they won/win it.

What a silly argument to make.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
And you are Vancouver fan, what's your point here?

You determine how deserving a player is by how a person conducts interviews. By your own standards then Ovechkin, Subban, Crosby etc. etc. don't/didn't deserve a cup before they won/win it.

What a silly argument to make.

Subban doesn't deserve. Ovechkin and Crosby do. Have you ever heard of them saying the word, "F***", in front of the audience?

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Subban doesn't deserve. Ovechkin and Crosby do. Have you ever heard of them saying the word, "F***", in front of the audience?

I sure have, you haven't? Do you watch games at all? F bombs are dropped all the time. If profanity is your determining factor on whether a player "deserves" a cup or not then I'm sorry, you are very sensitive.

Speaking of classy interviews:

No issues from you here, right?

Or maybe something one can perceive as "whining" over not getting any "interference calls"?

I repeat, what a silly argument to make.

Yeah, yeah I know Crosby is very classy and deserves it because he doesn't curse.. right?

Come on man, find a different argument.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I sure have, you haven't? Do you watch games at all? F bombs are dropped all the time. If profanity is your determining factor on whether a player "deserves" a cup or not then I'm sorry, you are very sensitive.

Speaking of classy interviews:

No issues from you here, right?

Or maybe something one can perceive as "whining" over not getting any "interference calls"?

I repeat, what a silly argument to make.

Yeah, yeah I know Crosby is very classy and deserves it because he doesn't curse.. right?

Come on man, find a different argument.

Luongo was basically stating a game strategy. I find Thomas' reply more nefarious and, perhaps, asinine.

Reactions: ehhedler

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Subban has donated more money (to the montreal childrens hospital) than either ovechkin or crosby combined.

Also was a great ambassador for the black community in Montreal.

He's a better human being than either of them. F bomb or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: RalphyDanger

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Yeah Ovis so good that it took him 1003 games to get 1122 points while Crosby has 6 less points playing 864 games that makes sense. Ovis played only 121 playoff games and isn't even a ppg. Crosby has played 160 playoff games and has 185 points. Yeah hes clearly better . U sure know what youre talking about
Secondary assists don't make you better... putting the puck in the net is much more important and more difficult. Goals >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> assists

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
You haven't watched him play, have you?

Sure have, but what does that have to do with your selective opinion on who is allowed to be classless in interviews and who isn't?

You want to go back to your argument that Lundqvist doesn't deserve a cup because he "uses profanity"?

Is there a reason why you ignored the video of Crosby, who literally dropped 6 f-bombs in less than a minute, yet you deem him worthy of a cup?
Is there a reason as to why you are ignoring the Luongo interviews in which he whines about Thomas and whines about "not getting interference calls"?

Look, I'm not the one who made the argument that player x deserves the cup over player y because reasons.
I still think you deserve the cup when you have won it, but you appear to have a very strange, and as I said, silly way of determining who is deserving or worthy of a cup depending on how they conduct themselves in public.
Yet when I showed to you that your two poster boys for being "deserving" or "worthy" of the cup are not really living up to your self implemented standards you suddenly move the goal posts and just throw some platitude into the thread ("dude, did you even see him play???").

I like Luongo, funny guy, great goal keeper and seemingly decent human being. That being said, I'm pretty sure the same accounts for Lundqvist and most hockey players DESPITE ALL of them dropping f-bombs left and right.

So, now that we have established that your argument that "Lundqvist curses, hence he doesn't deserve a cup" is pretty weird and just flat out silly, would you like to try something different?

Let me help you out, how about "He plays for the Rangers and as a Canucks fan I am still upset over 94, so I cannot possibly be happy about any Rangers player winning a cup"?

Drop your dishonest charade amigo.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Thornton’s Cup run is done. He’s not getting back to the dance, unless he’s takes a supporting role. I’m talking about players that are still significant contributors on their team.
Thornton is still a significant contributor lol

Reactions: Phu

bobbyking

May 29, 2018
Secondary assists don't make you better... putting the puck in the net is much more important and more difficult. Goals >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> assists
U don' know the importance of an assist until u see it. U r a stat watcher. So who's playoff run was more impressive malkin in 2009 or ovechkin this year?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Thornton
Stamkos
Marleau
Giroux
Luongo
Lundqvist

Are a few that come to mind.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Thornton easily anyone saying a name under 30 is ridiculous. He's in his 21st season and has more points then lots of these names combined

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
Brent Burns is second highest scoring active defenseman after Chara. I'd say there's a case for him as well.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
U don' know the importance of an assist until u see it. U r a stat watcher. So who's playoff run was more impressive malkin in 2009 or ovechkin this year?
I don't watch stats I point out facts and I can't comment on Malkins performance in 09 today because it's been nearly 10 years since I saw those games opposed to just watching this series it would likely be swayed towards recent history. I can tell you Ovi blocking shots, laying hits and leading the playoffs in goals after leading the league in goals is more impressive than any Crosby run. I thought last year Malkin should have won his 2nd Conn Smyth though. If you want to argue how great of a player Geno is I'll be on the train next to you saying he's the reason the Pens won 2 of their 3 cups. Kessel the other.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
its clearly thornton, go take a gander at his career stats if you havent for awhile or never have, dam that is an impressive career

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Thornton
Lundqvist
Giroux

One is one of the best players ever. One is arguably the best goalie of our generation. One is the best scorer of this decade (maybe a couple points behind?? either way)

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Sadly, it is all but guaranteed at this point that Lundqvist won't. I don't know if there is an active player who has done more on the ice for a franchise.

I think you are the only person who doesn't care.

It's really easy how. Lundqvist was never on a team built for a Cup run. He carried them there kicking and screaming.

Rangers leading point scorer in 13-14 was McDonagh with 17 points. In comparison, the Kings had four players break 20 points, and McDonagh would have finished 6th in points on Kings.

This year, the Capitals had five players break 20 points.

Every team that wins has multiple players who have great runs where you could argue they are the MVP. In 13-14, you couldn't argue any other Ranger for MVP, he was the only who had a special run.

Reactions: pdogfizzle

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010

There's nothing wrong with what he's saying here. Zero. It's amazingly mind boggling how people still whine about what he said there. He even gave Thomas a compliment saying he might make saves he (Luongo) wouldn't make himself.

Have people forgotten stuff like this happened during the 2011 playoffs?

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
There's nothing wrong with what he's saying here. Zero. It's amazingly mind boggling how people still whine about what he said there. He even gave Thomas a compliment saying he might make saves he (Luongo) wouldn't make himself.

Have people forgotten stuff like this happened during the 2011 playoffs?

I have zero problems with what he said in any of the videos I posted. I'm not the one throwing a fit over a hockey player "cursing in front of an audience".

The video was posted as a retort to the hypocritical statement that "player x doesn't deserve the cup because he cursed".

I love Luongo and he could take a big pile on center ice, I still wouldn't say "he doesn't deserve a cup".

If you win the cup, you deserve it. Even Claude Lemiuex deserved it.

Reactions: iSophagus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad