Now who?

Now that the Leafs are out, who do we root for?

• Total voters

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I like watching hockey in general, but I will never cheer for another team, so couldn't care less who wins it all. It'll be Colorado or Tampa Bay though, way too obvious.

Moridin

Apr 8, 2007
Lightning I hope as it would be cool to see them as a dynasty, and it feels a tiny tiny bit better to lose to the champ.

I do think that this is the year Flames win it all though.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I said nobody at first because I was pissed at the usual first round exit but I changed it so if it's any other team I'm good with Calgary winning it.

Their fans are actually pretty good compared to fans of any other Canadian team (other than Leaf fans) :).

Bring back the cup to Canada.

Then next year Leafs will keep it here.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Guys, I think something is being overlooked here.

Carolina screwed the Habs last summer with an offer sheet and then bounced the Bruins in the first round. They have been doing a lot of great things that serve our interests.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Hyman looks better in the playoffs without injuries like 2019, 2021. Weird.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I am all in on Florida. Eliminate most of the excuses. Tampa threepeating is the worst thing that could happen.

Wouldn't Tampa Bay winning it all validate the respect that Keefe felt he earned in the handshake line, by Leafs losing to the eventual Cup winner?

Some Leaf fans believe, perhaps even Leafs management included, that Toronto and Tampa Bay are fairly equals in terms of Cup competitors, but if TB repeats again it will be comparing a team that lost in round #1 3 times vs. a dynasty team that won 3 Cups in a row.

Toronto is the least successful team and Tampa Bay would become the most successful team in a Salary Cap Era.

More complete opposites than actual equals, and not minor changes but structural and major roster and salary cap reconstruction required as TB becomes the role model of team building.

Tampa is becoming what NYI's and Edmonton Oilers were in the 1980's and Montreal in the 1970's.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Hyman looks better in the playoffs without injuries like 2019, 2021. Weird.

Hyman is proving with his production and Oilers success that he wasn't the problem why Leafs weren't getting out of the 1st round.

He already has 6 goals in this years playoffs which include PP goal, SH goal, ES goals and even GWG goal, which is the same amount his former linemates AM and MM had combined this year.

Hyman is the type of player you want on your team come playoff time because you know he will always show up and compete hard, and contribute in all areas of the game offensively and defensively.

If you get rid of Kerfoot at $3.5 mil and not sign Nick Ritchie for $2.5 mil, that allows you to retain Hyman and even sign Bunting for similar cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00