Now who?

Now that the Leafs are out, who do we root for?

• Total voters

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
So now that we've cheered the Leafs all the way to their usual seven-game demise, who gets our highly valuable (if possibly cursed) support?

Florida, in hopes that they exact revenge on Tampa?

Tampa, so we at least have the consolation of losing to the champ?

Carolina, for krocking Ovechkin out, and hopefully the Rangers next?

NY Rangers, the only original six team left?

Colorado, as the easy favourite to go all the way, plus Naz?

St. Louis, because who doesn't love an underdog?

Calgary, as the lesser of two evils, and Canadian?

Edmonton, as the eviler of two lessers, and Canadian, and also with several ex-Leafs?

Last edited:

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
So, I’m not going to go out of my way to watch any hockey, but Kadri winning the cup is the ultimate F You to Leafs management for giving up on this playoff warrior.

Heart and Soul. Can’t imagine some of the hot takes Wendel Clark would get on these boards if he were to play today.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
I'd love to see Florida beat Tampa just so we can have closure on the whole "we only lost because they are the champs!" narrative.

Other than that, I'd love to see McDavid win a Cup, or Kadri. St. Louis is the best run org in hockey, so I am good with them winning too. Please no Calgary or NYR is all I ask.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I will never root for any other NHL team. I will say that 1993 was a long time ago, and seven teams is a small amount by comparison in a league of 32. I "wouldn't mind" seeing the winner of CGY-EDM making a run as Canada's lone representative the rest of the way.

Reactions: TorMapleJays

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
The only good thing about Florida winning is GMs will now mortgage their entire future for one playoff run, so that will be fun.

If you want changes, you do not want Colorado to win because they have been running the same team for 10 years without success, and the GM is the same.

Tampa earning their first legit cup would be good, but I don't really want to see it.

No thanks, other Canadian teams, you already make fun of Toronto enough.

St Louis is probably my least despised team here.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I watched most Carolina games this year and would like to see them win. With Freddy I picked them and the Leafs as the least likely teams to come out of the East, but they go lucky that he got hurt at the end of the year.

id like to see Tampa get a third but they seem off this year.

Having said that, anyone but the Alberta teams.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Like 5M TO guys I am out for rest of playoffs .. Sportsnet's numbers took a cliff dive yesterday .. you will see more cutting of TV people this summer .. da numbers don't work in Canada without Habs and/or Leafs in da playoff picture

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don't cheer for any other team once the Leafs are out. There are some individual players though that I will root for. Kadri for his Leafs time, Landeskog for his time in Kitchener, Hyman, and after I just want entertaining games.

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
Anyone but Tampa, really. I like some of the storylines for almost all the other teams. There's a reason to root for all of them. But not Tampa.

It's not even because of they knocked Toronto out. I just don't think a 3-peat is interesting. It's boring for neutral fans, it rewards a team that went over the cap, and thus it's bad for the sport.

Anyone but Tampa.

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
My team is out. I'm not cheering for any other team to win it. If Detroit was in it, then them, but they're not.

And we're all missing the point: You don't want another team beating Tampa. You want Tampa to win and by virtue of their win establish the fact that we are as our players have repeated, "right there."

Reactions: robertmac43

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
In order of preference:

1) Avs
2) Panthers
3) Flames
4) Canes

Would be glorious for Naz to lift the cup, bring it to Toronto and publicly thank Dubas for trading him to a team with competent GM and where players show up to play and take responsibility when things didnt work or get angry.

Ex: Mack "I have been in the league for 9 years and I haven't won shit"

Tampa winning would be the worst outcome as it would give more "excuses" for the Leafs management and dubas fans shirking away from taking ownership of failure and not taking responsibility

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Does it need to be discussed you default to Kadri when our main squad bites the dust.

If you haven't bought your Kadri jerseys yet for the remainder of the playoffs, do you even hockey

Reactions: PromisedLand

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
The only good thing about Florida winning is GMs will now mortgage their entire future for one playoff run, so that will be fun.

If you want changes, you do not want Colorado to win because they have been running the same team for 10 years without success, and the GM is the same.

Tampa earning their first legit cup would be good, but I don't really want to see it.

No thanks, other Canadian teams, you already make fun of Toronto enough.

St Louis is probably my least despised team here.

LOL

Avs cap allocation:

1D - Makar
1C - Mack
1W - Rantanen/Landeskog

D acquisition
2D Toews, Hanson

D draft
Byram
Girard

Trade
Kadri - led the team in points

It is amazing how dubas fans find a way to defend him all the time. just wow

P.S. Sakic is the same GM that saw ROR and Duchene and co. are not working, traded them and went back to the drawing board to redbuild/retool the roster

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
My team is out. I'm not cheering for any other team to win it. If Detroit was in it, then them, but they're not.

And we're all missing the point: You don't want another team beating Tampa. You want Tampa to win and by virtue of their win establish the fact that we are as our players have repeated, "right there."
I would love to see them sweep their way past Florida at this point!

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Oilers -because I am here, but if not

Flames - because they an actual contender and I want the Cup back in Canada, but if not

Avalanche - Because I want McKinnon and NK to win something at least once

I am expecting the Florida series to be a war so I will be watching some of it even though I want both clubs to lose

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Colorado because Kadri, but I don't think I'll watch another game until a cup clinching game of the finals

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
Colorado.

Leaf fan 1st than Crosby and MacKinnon (got to support the superstar maritime players ------ go F yourself Marchand).

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00