Now who?

Now that the Leafs are out, who do we root for?

• Total voters

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
With the NHL putting our Leafs on the shelf on purpose, I will NOT have any time for the NHL !!!

The refereeing bias against our Leafs is organized corruption !!! The NHL is favoring the WEAK southern teams and pandering to the American public that puts NASCAR, NFL, and roller derby way ahead of the NHL. Screwing real hockey fans from Canada is their mantra.

Why does Quebec City NOT have the Nordiques back, when the Coyotes will be playing in a 4000 eat arena ??? Ridiculous indeed !!!

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
LOL

Avs cap allocation:

1D - Makar
1C - Mack
1W - Rantanen/Landeskog

D acquisition
2D Toews, Hanson

D draft
Byram
Girard

Trade
Kadri - led the team in points

It is amazing how dubas fans find a way to defend him all the time. just wow

P.S. Sakic is the same GM that saw ROR and Duchene and co. are not working, traded them and went back to the drawing board to redbuild/retool the roster

Mack was trash when he signed compared to what he is now.

Sakic has lucked out on contracts vs development

He also has had some years where they were terrible and got good picks out of it.

He's had a lot of years of failure.

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
Florida winning would be great. They have a couple players who are likely to bring the cup around the area I live. Otherwise, would love Naz to get 1.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Panthers.
Was a season seat holder while back and if they win I can say it's because I gave them money when their own fans wouldn't even do it! Ha.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
f*** petty narratives. The only thing that matters from a Leaf fan perspective is division leaders getting upset to improve our 1st rounder.

Our cards should all be Blues/Oilers/Lightning/Rangers

Reactions: ToneDog

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Before the playoffs, three teams stood out to me as having largely played well the last few years but have been led down by injuries/refs/puck luck/goaltending differential.

Leafs
Oilers
Pens

With the Leafs and Pens out, the Oilers (and especially McDavid) deserve a run as they have been a really good playoff team when they have made it in but goaltending has really let them down in the past.

Its a little crazy just how well the Leafs/Pens have played without winning a series the last 4 years though. Both are top 5 teams for run of play over thst stretch (and both shpukd have gripes with the officials too).

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
Avs. Makar is so fun to watch and I would love to see Kadri lift the cup just as a f*** you to Dubas

It really wasn't Dubas' fault Kadri got himself suspended multiple times..... Kadri ran himself out of town.

As for who I am am cheering for....I really don't care. Not sure how much I will watch, I have lots of other things I need to do.

Reactions: Al14

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Calgary or Tampa for me.
Calgary because i like them, Tampa because a cap era 3-peat is incredibly challenging.

Leafs98

Sep 26, 2007
Maybe team canada wc. Some good junior hockey coming this summer too. But i guess bolts just to say we lost to champs.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
You go outside and enjoy the summer. Cheering for other teams?? :s maybe after the playoffs you should continue cheering for them

• Love
Reactions: Auston 316

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Not cheering for or watching anymore NHL hockey. I won't give them the ratings. If I could award the Stanley Cup, I'd award it to the referees, they EARNED it !!!

• Love
Reactions: Auston 316

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I am going to watch St Louis - Colorado and the BoA . I will follow the other series' until those games start.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Don't care, just hope the hockey is good. There's nobody left I'd actively root for or against

Marmoset

Apr 4, 2015
GTA
I'll root for the Flames.

- I feel like there's a connection with the Leafs with the major deals that have taken place between the teams,
- If they win they knock out the Oilers, and I want anyone to win but the Oilers.
- Did I mention they can knock out the Oilers?

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
I hate everyone other than the Leafs. I'll never cheer for another team, just cheer for some to lose more than others. I'm disappointed (again) that a Cup winner will have to be crowned since it can't be us. The least offensive remaining option for me is probably...St. Louis. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad