OT: November 2015 Edition Mod warning in post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
70? What the **** man! :laugh: I'm at 32 now.

It felt more like Fallout 3+ than a completely new game.

I can't get over how poorly it ran and continues to run. Garbage frame rate, tons of bugs, draw distance constantly pops in and out, buildings texture in and out, companions constantly disappear and go through objects, player skins constantly disappear (The first time this happened it was like 2 in the morning and scared the piss out of me. I was talking to someone and after cutting away from my dialogue, the player came back and it was nothing, but floating eyes, teeth, and hair. What the ****!!!).

c4475__917_gb_dossier.jpg

Another extremely irritating bug is it won't let me update the game because it says my internal HD is full. It somehow ignores the fact that I have an external 2TB drive that registers in my settings. So no updates for RP. I guess the nightmare-inducing faceless characters are here to stay.

I bought the Overseer's Guardian 5 levels ago and it's a beast. Well worth the 30XX caps. I stumbled on a super mutant behemoth in the northwest corner of the map (kinda surprised I even found him up there) and a couple clips killed him. I haven't really focused on armor outside of the Power Armor. I'm still using a courser uniform. I've got the Louis Bloom look going with slicked back hair and Clubmasters.

I've read more than a few complaints about the dialog system. I thought it was alright.

The Creation Engine is certainly getting long in the tooth. So many textures and items felt like they were simply upscaled from Fallout 3.

I really like the Fallout universe so I'm probably not the best person to critique it, but it let me down. Especially in the polish department. It could have used another 6 months of testing.

7.5/10

Picture looks like me without my morning coffee.

I take it you're running console? I'm running PC and have had no glitches, bugs, or crashes at all. I feel a tad blessed because I've read so many problems. Bethesda always gets away with this though. Releasing a buggy as f*** game that consumers have no problem giving so much leeway on. Some of the Skyrim glitches were hilarious and had me laughing, but when the glitch is more draw distance/crash, that is not acceptable.

I bought the overseer Gaurdian too! In the vault. That's another problem I had with Fallout 4...all the Vaults are...boring? New Vegas had excellent Vaults. So did Fallout 1 and 2. Three had Vault Tec look like some corporate conglomerate that was hell bent on sadistic experiments. Why not have different branches of Vault tech? Sure, some could have been used for experiments (social/anatomy/GARRRRRRRRY) but Vaults can be expanded so much more to facilitate better story telling or scenarios.

Wait till you get the Gauss Rifle. Best weapon in Fallout 1/2 and I had a damage output of 470 or so (yup). Just make sure you collect those screws and more rare junk.

I've always been a big Fallout fan. Especially the isometric Fallout. The storytelling of Bethesda is poor, while Obsidian did a better job with the stories of the wasteland. Feels like something is missing in this installment...that charm.

I give it a perfect 5/7.

Last edited by a moderator:

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
I had those. Had the chocolate version as well.

Apparently subliminal messaging doesn't work as I don't smoke cigarettes

Captain Mittens*

I had those. Had the chocolate version as well.

Apparently subliminal messaging doesn't work as I don't smoke cigarettes

That's funny to read. I hated those things and ended up being a smoker in my teens and early 20's

Captain Mittens*

Yeah but now I can't get enough Starbuck's Mocha. Damn chocolate cigarettes!

I had a cigar on New years for the first time in a long time. I used to really enjoy a Cafe Mocha with a Padron Maduro.

maxresdefault.jpg

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
I had a cigar on New years for the first time in a long time. I used to really enjoy a Cafe Mocha with a Padron Maduro.

maxresdefault.jpg

Smoked a Cuban at a Christmas Party. It was good at the time but the next day I felt like every pore of my body emitted nicotine and other crap.

Captain Mittens*

8bgurxj8fuyum9zq39163kdi6wegq3mbyshscronk2luvuxdw3-16.jpg

A Macon fugitive is behind bars after calling the local crimestoppers on himself in an attempt to collect a $500 reward check. 65 year old Ronald Jackson is currently being held in the Houston County Detention Center with no bond. According to local authorities, Jackson has been wanted after being connected with a string of home invasions across Bibb County.

“I wasn’t even thinking they was gone lock me up. I thought maybe I turn myself in, they set me lose and cut me a check. Everybody could’ve won had it gone like I planned. I only did it because I am broke and I have to buy my mom a Christmas gift” says Jackson. According to the Crimestoppers division, they have never seen anything like this before. “I couldn’t believe this. I thought someone was playing a prank when were informed that a fugitive had given himself up for the reward money” says the Crimestoppers division officer, Deputy James Williams.

http://tmzbeg.com/georgia-man-arrested-after-snitching-on-himself-for-reward-money/

Last edited by a moderator:

King RAZZ

Los Cucarachas
Apr 26, 2007
The Roach Motel
razzilla.multiply.com

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
The pool should be on how he escapes this time.

I'm going to go with the classic hot air balloon escape, ala Lex Luther in the Christopher Reeves series of Superman movies.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Well shucks. I had been planning on going on a Mickey & Mallory type killing spree in an effort to cash in on the 7 figure reward money for turning myself in.

Time to think of my next money making scheme. How about a restaurant that only serves peanut butter and jelly sandwiches called P, B & J's? Or a pizza place where you get to make your own pizza. We give you the dough, you smash it, you pound it, you fling it up in the air. Then you get to put your sauce, you get to sprinkle your cheese and then you slide it into the oven. Who wants to invest? People really want to make their own pizza pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad