President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
10472624_975785665843049_5334499276636988971_n.jpg

Captain Mittens*

All that video was missing was a few upside bats having a wicked dance battle

Drumstick Handler

Jun 4, 2015
It's cold as **** out there (almost -10 F), but boy, is playing hockey on an outside rink great after it's been a while. :)

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
It's raining again in L.A. today. The news reports about it are always great. There was one last night where water was flowing over a wall and creating puddles! I'm so glad that story was covered. Exhilarating stuff.

Captain Mittens*

It's raining again in L.A. today. The news reports about it are always great. There was one last night where water was flowing over a wall and creating puddles! I'm so glad that story was covered. Exhilarating stuff.

**** is going to get real over the next couple of days. There is going to be some serious flooding if you live in an older area.

I remember in the 1998 El Nino, I was living in Costa Mesa and was stuck. The three roads that got me out our my neighborhood were flooded with feet of standing water. The water level was well over the sidewalk. My work was cool about it, but it poured all day and the city wasn't able to clear any of the flood zones until 2pm.

Drumstick Handler

Jun 4, 2015
I enjoy how -10 F is cold as ****. That's November - March here.

It really used to be like that around here, too. Nowadays the freezing temperatures start maybe after Christmas and January has a couple weeks of those colder temperatures. October - December is basically fall-like weather.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
**** is going to get real over the next couple of days. There is going to be some serious flooding if you live in an older area.

I remember in the 1998 El Nino, I was living in Costa Mesa and was stuck. The three roads that got me out our my neighborhood were flooded with feet of standing water. The water level was well over the sidewalk. My work was cool about it, but it poured all day and the city wasn't able to clear any of the flood zones until 2pm.

Canada is enjoying the El Nino. Turns our winters into suntanning weather. Typically from Christmas to Valentine's Day is on average -20 C without fail. This year I'd be surprised if we fell to that low for any more than a week or two total, not consequtive. It's been 10 degrees or more warmer than normal all winter thus far.

Captain Mittens*

Canada is enjoying the El Nino. Turns our winters into suntanning weather. Typically from Christmas to Valentine's Day is on average -20 C without fail. This year I'd be surprised if we fell to that low for any more than a week or two total, not consequtive. It's been 10 degrees or more warmer than normal all winter thus far.

I am glad it is working out for you brother.

I just wish the rain fell a little slower or soaked in to the ground quicker. We need the rain but we are going to end up having to dump a bunch of it in to the back of Ron's 1973 Ford F-150

Ron*

I am glad it is working out for you brother.

I just wish the rain fell a little slower or soaked in to the ground quicker. We need the rain but we are going to end up having to dump a bunch of it in to the back of Ron's 1973 Ford F-150

Ron's truck isn't the best bucket.

rusted-box_zpsabbe9c32.jpg

If only. My piece of **** is a 1970 AMC Hornet, which I bought in 1976 for the ungodly sum of $1,700. $45,000 in repair bills later, it is still humming along.

And I do mean "humming." I can get it up to 25 mph on the freeway.

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
Any of you fine gents playing Fallout 4? Level 31 full Brotherhood of Steel here.

Had a few weeks off after last semester. Binged like mad. Got up to level 70 or so.

Finished the whole game. And all of the Commonwealth was explored. All quests minus those never ending quests. The whole damn map, ha.

Extremely disappointed with the last phase of the game. All the final missions for all factions felt the same to me.

Had to turn the game difficulty to survival to even have a feel of challenge. Once you get decent power armour modifications, you are set for life.

Some of the returning enemies was marvelous to behold on the new story. Matriarch deathclaw was cool to see at first. The mystical deathclaw is tough. Why didn't Bethesda include intelligent deathclaws like Fallout 2? Or the aliens/wanamingo from Fallout 2? Both those creatures required different tactics. I felt there was a little too much rehash of Fallout 3 instead of creating new creatures which required new tactics; instead this felt very FPS style and little creativity for experimentation.

Would have also preferred to see more new creatures. Would have been cool to see some irradiated sharks, eagles (MURICA), kraken, ect. For that matter, would have enjoyed to see perks being used in the real world more often, and used with the speech option more.

Captain Mittens*

The damaging El Niño was late 97- early 98.
97 was anot awesome year in my life so I defer the El Nino to 98

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Had a few weeks off after last semester. Binged like mad. Got up to level 70 or so.

Finished the whole game. And all of the Commonwealth was explored. All quests minus those never ending quests. The whole damn map, ha.

Extremely disappointed with the last phase of the game. All the final missions for all factions felt the same to me.

Had to turn the game difficulty to survival to even have a feel of challenge. Once you get decent power armour modifications, you are set for life.

Some of the returning enemies was marvelous to behold on the new story. Matriarch deathclaw was cool to see at first. The mystical deathclaw is tough. Why didn't Bethesda include intelligent deathclaws like Fallout 2? Or the aliens/wanamingo from Fallout 2? Both those creatures required different tactics. I felt there was a little too much rehash of Fallout 3 instead of creating new creatures which required new tactics; instead this felt very FPS style and little creativity for experimentation.

Would have also preferred to see more new creatures. Would have been cool to see some irradiated sharks, eagles (MURICA), kraken, ect. For that matter, would have enjoyed to see perks being used in the real world more often, and used with the speech option more.

70? What the **** man! :laugh: I'm at 32 now.

It felt more like Fallout 3+ than a completely new game.

I can't get over how poorly it ran and continues to run. Garbage frame rate, tons of bugs, draw distance constantly pops in and out, buildings texture in and out, companions constantly disappear and go through objects, player skins constantly disappear (The first time this happened it was like 2 in the morning and scared the piss out of me. I was talking to someone and after cutting away from my dialogue, the player came back and it was nothing, but floating eyes, teeth, and hair. What the ****!!!).

c4475__917_gb_dossier.jpg

Another extremely irritating bug is it won't let me update the game because it says my internal HD is full. It somehow ignores the fact that I have an external 2TB drive that registers in my settings. So no updates for RP. I guess the nightmare-inducing faceless characters are here to stay.

I bought the Overseer's Guardian 5 levels ago and it's a beast. Well worth the 30XX caps. I stumbled on a super mutant behemoth in the northwest corner of the map (kinda surprised I even found him up there) and a couple clips killed him. I haven't really focused on armor outside of the Power Armor. I'm still using a courser uniform. I've got the Louis Bloom look going with slicked back hair and Clubmasters.

I've read more than a few complaints about the dialog system. I thought it was alright.

The Creation Engine is certainly getting long in the tooth. So many textures and items felt like they were simply upscaled from Fallout 3.

I really like the Fallout universe so I'm probably not the best person to critique it, but it let me down. Especially in the polish department. It could have used another 6 months of testing.

7.5/10

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad