OT: November 2015 Edition Mod warning in post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Gonna look into somehow lemon lawing my 6 Plus. Three consecutive devices - all with the same problem. Can't believe they've poured so many resources into a watch, lol.

I hate to say it (not really) but you're the one who endorses apple. Personally, I don't trust any company that has "proprietary" hardware and software.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I hate to say it (not really) but you're the one who endorses apple. Personally, I don't trust any company that has "proprietary" hardware and software.

I absolutely do. Their quality and service is still the king of the hill. Every manufacturer makes duds and Apple has simply made the least.

The symbiosis of software and hardware engineers is what makes OS X such a great platform. I've only had a few oddball problems (faulty disc drive, faulty SSD - all replaced within an hour for free) on the many, many Apple products I've owned up until this 6 Plus. My experience so far with the 6 Plus has been extremely poor and I'm sure they'll rectify it by giving me a brand new device. Their quality has gone down a bit in the last few years, but they are still numero uno.

My MBPR is an absolute beast and runs better now then ever. iOS 9 is a very buggy release though and there have been more bad batches of the 6 Plus than any other iPhone I've owned. My 3GS, 4S, and 5S were all flawless. I guess this is what I get for breaking the cycle and not buying an S.

I used a Note 5 earlier today and it was impressive at first, but the usual problems showed up. All those specs and it still lags and stutters. I wouldn't be comfortable plunking down $750+ or locking in two years for that device. Build quality is much improved though and rivals Apple (outside of those awful sensor placements).

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
Except for their ****** one button mouse, I have never had a problem that I couldn't fix by myself with any of the Apple products I have purchased, from ipods and iphones to the Macbook.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Yeah, their mouses are rubbish. Their new keyboard mechanism is pretty awful too. Basically has zero keystroke. It would be much better with some haptic feedback.

And where the hell have you been???

Last edited:

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Is it real? Could it actually be?? New Tool???

Damn this sounds good. Very similar to 10,000 Days (my favorite Tool album). Possibly an intro to a much longer song?

The recording isn't that great, but it sounds like mostly harmonics from 3:00 on through some effects.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Except for their ****** one button mouse, I have never had a problem that I couldn't fix by myself with any of the Apple products I have purchased, from ipods and iphones to the Macbook.

And to save myself some typing, neither have I on pc. Yet, I am not restricted to what I can or cannot have on my system. Brilliant!

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
Is it real? Could it actually be?? New Tool???

Damn this sounds good. Very similar to 10,000 Days (my favorite Tool album). Possibly an intro to a much longer song?

The recording isn't that great, but it sounds like mostly harmonics from 3:00 on through some effects.

It supposedly is called Descending.

M39UC79.jpg

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/11/did-tool-just-debut-music-from-their-first-album-in-10-years/

You can find a link for the show here - https://www.reddit.com/r/ToolBand/c...uality_recording_from_monster_mash_full_show/

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I went to It's Not Dead Fest. So worth it, but this picture captures it appropriately.

And Re: the previous conversation, I definitely need to watch The Wire...one of my best friends that just despises watching TV period can't stop watching it.

Captain Mittens*

I went to It's Not Dead Fest. So worth it, but this picture captures it appropriately.

And Re: the previous conversation, I definitely need to watch The Wire...one of my best friends that just despises watching TV period can't stop watching it.

Breaking Bad is a better show IMO. If you haven't seen Breaking Bad, you need to. The Walking Dead is the best show currently running on TV though

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
And to save myself some typing, neither have I on pc. Yet, I am not restricted to what I can or cannot have on my system. Brilliant!

Certain PC's are okay but every one I have eventually slows to a halt or some random **** comes up and I have to take it in to a shop to get it repaired. I guess you can do more with a PC but I don't know how technology works.

scryan

May 1, 2013
I used a Note 5 earlier today and it was impressive at first, but the usual problems showed up. All those specs and it still lags and stutters. I wouldn't be comfortable plunking down $750+ or locking in two years for that device. Build quality is much improved though and rivals Apple (outside of those awful sensor placements).
In fairness to android though, touchwiz (Samsung's framework on top of android) is widely regarded as the worst, most bloaded and unnessisary OS modification around...

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
It's not that bad in the latest iteration. But the previous bar was pretty low. I don't understand how these manufacturers can spend so much money to make these awful skins. If I was buying an Android phone it would be from the Google Play Store.

scryan

May 1, 2013

Speaking of quality TV shows, vs entertaining TV shows...

perfect example of good entertainment, with out being a good show.
SoA = Smoking in slow motion while walking away from explosions.

I never gave the wire a fare chance...In fact, I only JUST now realized I have ALWAYS mistaken it for "The "Shield", and I think that bald guy seems like a ******.

I'll have to track it down a give it a fair shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad