GDT: note @ quick

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Was this the Kings first game since the hearing for Voynov? I don't want to get into that, but I could see how a team would be emotionally flat after learning the situation of a teammate.

Such a cool situation for a home and home. Next game should be intense.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Just got back from the game. Thoughts:

- Really never expected us to score 4 goals on Quick, let alone score 3 that quickly in the 3rd period. Huge step for our team, although I would like to see something like this happen in LA for once. Should be an interesting game Thursday night.

- Tarasenko does have one of the best wrist shots I've ever seen. I can live with his defensive shortcomings that he does have if he continues to score like this.

- Shattenkirk continues to play great, he's seriously a beast out there at both ends of the ice now. And to play like this against LA, he's definitely improved as a player.

- Chris Butler looks better than I ever expected him to. He's not bad at all.

- Lindbohm's edge is awesome, he looks like he's about to kill anyone who comes within 5 feet of Allen.

- Schwartz was also very good, and I liked Ott's game too. Both played with a lot of energy.

- Paajarvi used his size more tonight than I've seen him. Still was pretty much useless out there on the ice, but hey... I'm trying to think of the positives for him.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
And as I ***** about that, Ott fumbles the puck that Paajarvi could have scored.

****. Hitchcock.
Just reading through the thread and this made me laugh.

Paajarvi is so awful, Ott is literally twice as good as him and that's saying something.

I thought everyone looked good tonight for the most part, except Paajarvi (he wasn't bad, just the same useless player) and Stastny who is still invisible and completely disappointing. I haven't even seen Stastny battle for a puck as hard as Porter. C'mon man.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Is there a video with all/most of Tarasenko's goals this year?

Maybe make a Tarasenko goals video with Promontory from Last of the Mohicans playing and occasional goal calls mixed in. That would be greaaaaaat. I'm describing this in detail because I'm going to need someone else to actually put it together. Yeah..gonna need some help here. I'm from the shooting radioactive green bears in Oregon trail generation and can barely find my way to this website. I would love to see this video! Someone have mercy on me and please help.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Is there a video with all/most of Tarasenko's goals this year?

Maybe make a Tarasenko goals video with Promontory from Last of the Mohicans playing and occasional goal calls mixed in. That would be greaaaaaat. I'm describing this in detail because I'm going to need someone else to actually put it together. Yeah..gonna need some help here. I'm from the shooting radioactive green bears in Oregon trail generation and can barely find my way to this website. I would love to see this video! Someone have mercy on me and please help.

I want to see a Tarasenko goal montage video set to this song.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Can we just lock Tarasenko up now?

Stillman:
zy3ih.gif

Tarasenko:
25uifjp.gif

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Great game guys. I'd like to thank you and Tarasenko for obliterating us in front of Dean Lombardi and turnstiling Regehr to force the inevitable roster moves that will allow us to be good again :nod:

See you all Thursday, hope it's as entertaining as tonight was despite me throwing my remote. Always a good time with you guys, cheers.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Great game guys. I'd like to thank you and Tarasenko for obliterating us in front of Dean Lombardi and turnstiling Regehr to force the inevitable roster moves that will allow us to be good again :nod:

See you all Thursday, hope it's as entertaining as tonight was despite me throwing my remote. Always a good time with you guys, cheers.

I hope this game wasn't a fluke and we don't get killed Thursday.

I would be disappointed but can't say I'd be utterly shocked. Looking forward to seeing what happens.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Blues have crept up to 2nd in the West in GF/G just behind CHI. The cream is rising. 2nd in the West in P% by hundreths.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I hope this game wasn't a fluke and we don't get killed Thursday.

I would be disappointed but can't say I'd be utterly shocked. Looking forward to seeing what happens.

Nah. I'm not taking anything away from your victory, but we're dead in the water. It could be anything--exhaustion, distraction, whatever--but the Kings have some serious issues (besides the obvious missing second pairing--losing Mitchell and Voynov for nothing kills us on the ice). I wouldn't be surprised if you guys just rolled us over again.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Nah. I'm not taking anything away from your victory, but we're dead in the water. It could be anything--exhaustion, distraction, whatever--but the Kings have some serious issues (besides the obvious missing second pairing--losing Mitchell and Voynov for nothing kills us on the ice). I wouldn't be surprised if you guys just rolled us over again.
I hear that shiny things can be a distraction.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
In reply to Vladimir Tarasenko
Jordan Pettibone ‏@Petti_Who 42m42 minutes ago

@tara9191 with reporters: Q: What do u think ur grandpa will say? VT: We'll see. Hope he's impressed. #HatTrick
0 replies 1 retweet 1 favorite

Doesn't need to be said again for the millionth time, but you just gotta love this kids attitude to go along with all that talent.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Guys I just figured out what our secret weapon against the Kings tonight was. Lindbohm man! We put that kid in there to make it nasty for them, and threw them all off their games :sarcasm:

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Guys I just figured out what our secret weapon against the Kings tonight was. Lindbohm man! We put that kid in there to make it nasty for them, and threw them all off their games :sarcasm:

I know you're probably at least half kidding, but guys like him are no fun to play against.

He, Backes and Reaves helped turn the tide with their physical play. Clifford wanted nothing to do with Reaver. Kept him in check.

This is why I want to see Jaskin up here. He plays a big boy game too and would do great next to Stastny.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO

Cheers, man. The Kings have forced the Blues to step up their game. Was nice to have one go our way tonight.

I have no doubts that Thursday night will be another solid matchup.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
It was nice to see some resolve in the Team. It wasn't the first time this season, but it's good to see it against a team that has our number.

Hitch was talking about the team playing reckless and how they excelled at it. Isn't Hitch usually preaching structure?

Last edited:

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I watch the games later on DVR. Still enjoying the third period. But is there anyone who can create a gif of Sutter's facial tic right aft Steen's goal (the 4th). The most hilarious thing I've seen this season. Fred Murtz can you help at least make sure it's on your highlight clip?

I'd like to see a gif of Steen sheathing the swoard :laugh:

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I'm pretty sure, a natural is simply scoring 3 goals in regulation, that's what everybody said it was when Jori had his.

Don't put your money on it. As stated above, it's 3 goals uninterrupted by scores made by anyone else. Back in the old days 3 straight WAS the ONLY hat trick. Scoring 3 goals in one game, with any interruption, was NOT a "hat trick".

od71

Apr 8, 2012
Don't put your money on it. As stated above, it's 3 goals uninterrupted by scores made by anyone else. Back in the old days 3 straight WAS the ONLY hat trick. Scoring 3 goals in one game, with any interruption, was NOT a "hat trick".

Wow. Didn't know that. How long ago had it been so?

erderuft

Jun 28, 2011
Borås, Sweden
Some quotes about the LA game from Alexander Steen from Swedish news-site "Aftonbladet":

"It's beginning to feel like it should again. And above all I'm getting good scoring chances again. In the first fifteen-twenty games I barely got any, but tonight it felt like I could've scored at least three goals."

The reason it's feeling better?
"That I play on a line with Backes and TJ Oshie again, just like last season. If you've developed chemistry and know each other on the ice, everything is easier. But that's not just me, everybody has found their roles and the whole team is going."

On tonight's game:
"It was a strong effort by us, but we're playing well right now, we believe in what we do and feel that we can beat anybody."

On Tarasenko:
"He really had a great night. That shot, I mean, he just has an incredibly fast release."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln