GDT: note @ quick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
So I wasn't around last night (at a bar and had horrible signal on my phone) so I couldn't post. Man what a game, Tarasenko is freaking monster. I keep feeling like this is some awesome dream I am going to wake up from. I mean good things like this don't happen to Blues fans. Anyway on to the game, something me and my friend both noticed was after Vladi's first goal he was very business like. He barely even smiled, a couple of quick helmet taps and he went straight to the bench. He had a look that said, "We are still down, we have to get another one." Right then my friend looked at me and confirmed what I was thinking by saying, "he isn't done tonight." By the end of the night the entire bar was chanting Tara-senko, it wasn't even until I got home and skimmed through the game on my DVR that I realized they were doing it at STC as well. Forget taking over the Blues this kid is taking over this town. I work for QT and I have never overhead so many people talking about the Blues and specifically Tarasenko then during this year.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
So I wasn't around last night (at a bar and had horrible signal on my phone) so I couldn't post. Man what a game, Tarasenko is freaking monster. I keep feeling like this is some awesome dream I am going to wake up from. I mean good things like this don't happen to Blues fans. Anyway on to the game, something me and my friend both noticed was after Vladi's first goal he was very business like. He barely even smiled, a couple of quick helmet taps and he went straight to the bench. He had a look that said, "We are still down, we have to get another one." Right then my friend looked at me and confirmed what I was thinking by saying, "he isn't done tonight." By the end of the night the entire bar was chanting Tara-senko, it wasn't even until I got home and skimmed through the game on my DVR that I realized they were doing it at STC as well. Forget taking over the Blues this kid is taking over this town. I work for QT and I have never overhead so many people talking about the Blues and specifically Tarasenko then during this year.

I hope he sells a millions jerseys and tons of season tickets. Stillman has taken risks to give this team a chance to win, and it would be wonderful to see it repaid with reward. A Cup and a dazzling superstar in the league would be incredible, but it would be nice to see Stillman vindicated for his faith in the team.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I hope he sells a millions jerseys and tons of season tickets. Stillman has taken risks to give this team a chance to win, and it would be wonderful to see it repaid with reward. A Cup and a dazzling superstar in the league would be incredible, but it would be nice to see Stillman vindicated for his faith in the team.
Absolutely, I was telling my wife's friend that last time we went to a game, I bought 3 new jerseys(2 children & 1 adult) and I got that look like "that stuff is too expensive". I explained to her that ownership took this team all the way to the cap, that doesn't happen without fans opening their wallets. I'd be a season ticket holder if I didn't live 150mi away lol.

I love that the camera is getting Stillman on TV and seeing his reactions.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Just got back from the game. Thoughts:

- Really never expected us to score 4 goals on Quick, let alone score 3 that quickly in the 3rd period. Huge step for our team, although I would like to see something like this happen in LA for once. Should be an interesting game Thursday night.

- Tarasenko does have one of the best wrist shots I've ever seen. I can live with his defensive shortcomings that he does have if he continues to score like this.

- Shattenkirk continues to play great, he's seriously a beast out there at both ends of the ice now. And to play like this against LA, he's definitely improved as a player.

- Chris Butler looks better than I ever expected him to. He's not bad at all.

- Lindbohm's edge is awesome, he looks like he's about to kill anyone who comes within 5 feet of Allen.

- Schwartz was also very good, and I liked Ott's game too. Both played with a lot of energy.

- Paajarvi used his size more tonight than I've seen him. Still was pretty much useless out there on the ice, but hey... I'm trying to think of the positives for him.

I was at the game as well and these are pretty much my exact reactions as well.

I'd also add that:
-Loved our forechecking in the first and third period. Porter and Ott were doing pretty well at that, along with Schwartz and Lapierre.

-Stastny needs to stop this mindset of parking himself in a good "playmaking" area and realize the only way he's going to touch the puck is if he plays like Schwartz

-Speaking of which, Schwartz was my favorite player that game. He was everywhere on the ice and I'm pretty sad he only had one assist to show for it

-Except for Pietro's blunder, I'm very happy with how the defense played throughout the game. Everyone looked good that game (pretty amazing when our number one is average and the rest are not even AHL worthy:sarcasm:)

All in all, I would say it was a very well fought game after Allen's pretty weak goal (even though he was solid for the whole of the game except for that goal) and a power-play goal. I didn't even think the Blues played THAT poorly in the second.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012

Same here. Stillman is such an awesome dude and everything he has done for the Blues in his short time here so far has been spectacular. I was lucky enough to meet him at the season ticket holder's practice earlier this year and thank him for everything he has done for this organization.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri

I do now have a Tarasenko current home Blues Jersey, and I agree with the Stillman statement you posted also, Thank you.

Now if only the Blues can continue this in one of their house of horror NHL buildings in the Staples Center, and then the Honda Center in Anaheim and the United Center in Chicago...

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
I was at the game as well and these are pretty much my exact reactions as well.

I'd also add that:
-Loved our forechecking in the first and third period. Porter and Ott were doing pretty well at that, along with Schwartz and Lapierre.

-Stastny needs to stop this mindset of parking himself in a good "playmaking" area and realize the only way he's going to touch the puck is if he plays like Schwartz

-Speaking of which, Schwartz was my favorite player that game. He was everywhere on the ice and I'm pretty sad he only had one assist to show for it

-Except for Pietro's blunder, I'm very happy with how the defense played throughout the game. Everyone looked good that game (pretty amazing when our number one is average and the rest are not even AHL worthy:sarcasm:)

All in all, I would say it was a very well fought game after Allen's pretty weak goal (even though he was solid for the whole of the game except for that goal) and a power-play goal. I didn't even think the Blues played THAT poorly in the second.

Shatty's goal was changed to Schwartz, so he had 2 points. :yo:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I wonder what game were going to see in LA, Blues heavily outplayed the Kings in the first game but Quick wasnt having it. In Stl the game was more even till midway though then STL freighttrained the Kings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad