Notable prospect cuts.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Who's still in camp from the 2018 Draft?
Lauko for the Bruins. He got injured in practice and has missed the last few games, but I think they are letting him marinate with the team before sending him to AHL or back to Europe.

For 2017 Vaakanainen is still on the team. Don't think he'll make it because there are 7 dmen ahead of him, but he's probably the first injury call up.

blindpass

May 7, 2010
I'm not really following Vancouver, but I'm surprised Gaudette was send down. I thought a lot of you guys had him penciled in on your third line? Disapointing preseason or is this a "we have to make room first" kinda thing?
There was never going to be room with the FA signings that were made. A year in the AHL won't be bad for him.

He was good in the preseason.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Weird I thougt he was pretty impressive this preseason. Does anybody know why? Tanking for the 2019 Draft?

He was great in the first game and invisible afterwards.

They are insisting on using him as a top 9 center and he’s not that on this team. Chytil beat him out for that, although most assumed Andersson would make it as a winger.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Some late rounder made it over him yikes.

It was Lettieri and Howden. Howden was a first, Lettieri is a UDFA but played NHL games last season.

I think it was more about the Rangers insisting on him being a top 9c than those two actually being preferred. Howden will play 4C and Lettieri on the wing.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
He was great in the first game and invisible afterwards.

They are insisting on using him as a top 9 center and he’s not that on this team. Chytil beat him out for that, although most assumed Andersson would make it as a winger.

Ah ok I see. I had only seen that one preseason game against the Devils, where he was great and assumed he had a strong camp. Thanks.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Ty Smith sent back to Spokane. Not physically ready for the big game, but his offensive instincts are sublime.

Really looking forward to following his year in the WHL.

Reactions: My3Sons

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
he was really good 2 seasons ago. Hasn't look as good since. I think they want to see development before they send him up again.

Looking at the Isles lineup. Ho-Sang deserves to be a part of it. He should be a top 9 forward on that team

Guess we'll see guys like Matt Martin, or Cal Clutterbuck or Leo Komarov as third liners though... which is just bad coaching IMO.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Looking at the Isles lineup. Ho-Sang deserves to be a part of it. He should be a top 9 forward on that team

Guess we'll see guys like Matt Martin, or Cal Clutterbuck or Leo Komarov as third liners though... which is just bad coaching IMO.

I think it's a numbers game at this point. Islanders have 15 forwards(14 with Ladd on IR) and 8 defensemen. I wouldn't be surprised if one of Bellows or Ho Sang are on the team once the Islanders clear their roster situation

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018

Classic HF. Because the reigning Stanley Cup winning coach isn't playing rookies above veterans, they're bad at coaching. LOL.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
After a great preseason with the Sharks, Ryan Merkley was sent back to juniors.

They were just giving him experience, an organization that knows how to develop we know. Although Merkley was performing indeed.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006

He may deserve it although giving him more ahl time, going for a top center in the 2019 draft. That will be the next core piece in the rebuild to go along with Barzal, Dobson, Pulock, and possibly the likes of Sorokin, Wahlstrom, Bellows, etc.(speculating)

Richierich61

Sep 29, 2018
Chlapik and Wolanin ... both had good Sens camps and were sent to Belleville AHL today

I wss surprised by both cuts but tkachuck, formenton, lajoie have been better so i shouldnt be. I just figured they'd all make it aince uncle Euge loves the entry levels

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I'll add on to that and ask who from 2017 looks like they are making their teams?

Not all considered “notable”, but for Carolina:

Svechnikov: 2018 1st round
Necas: 2017 1st round
Zykov: 2013 2nd round (from LA)
Foegele: 2014 3rd round

Are pretty much locks to make the team at this point.

Wallmark: 2014 4th round also has a solid chance.

Reactions: Flukeshot

Howard Beale

Apr 7, 2010
Not all considered “notable”, but for Carolina:

Svechnikov: 2018 1st round
Necas: 2017 1st round
Zykov: 2013 2nd round (from LA)
Foegele: 2014 3rd round

Are pretty much locks to make the team at this point.

Wallmark: 2014 4th round also has a solid chance.
Do you think that Svechnikov, Necas, and Zykov will all play in the top-6?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Do you think that Svechnikov, Necas, and Zykov will all play in the top-6?

probably 2 of Svech, Necas, Zykov and Foegele will play in the top 6. No clue what the lines will look like though. All I know for sure is:

Aho-Teravainen will be a pair. Probably Foegele or Ferland will be with them to start the season.
Staal-Williams will be a pair. No idea yet who will be with them.
Necas will likely start the year as the 3C.

Zykov (1st unit), Necas and Svech(2nd) will all likely be on the PP as well.

Canes just announced their final cuts and all 5 guys (Svech, Necas, Zykov, Foegele, Wallmark) are on the team, barring a last minute trade.

Reactions: Howard Beale

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Nevermind, Denis Gurianov was just sent back down to the AHL. Would've made the team if we didn't have 5 other guys battling for that spot

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Classic HF. Because the reigning Stanley Cup winning coach isn't playing rookies above veterans, they're bad at coaching. LOL.

Classic HF... guys like Matt Martin and Leo Komarov are good cause one NHL coach thinks so, when the rest of us can see their contributions both with our eyes and confirmed by the stats.

Having an NHL job makes someone infallible. They cant possibly make a mistake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad