Notable prospect cuts.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Gaudette, Juolevi and Gaunce (waivers) sent down today. Demko will follow soon, but currently under concussion protocol.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Avs sent Kaut to the AHL today. I'd bet he sees some NHL action later on in the year but definitely will be good for him to get some solid AHL time and further get acclimated with the North America game. He had a solid camp if unspectacular. Didn't wow anybody but the skill, talent, and work ethic were quite evident in game. He got better and better as camp and preseason went on.

Reactions: Ana Crusis

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Rasmus Sandin was assigned to the Marlies AHL, Samyon Der-Arguchintsev was sent to the Peterborough Petes of the OHL

How come Sandlin can be sent to the AHL? I thought the rule was players drafted out of the CHL have to go back to the CHL but if you were drafted out of somewhere else, play your D+1 year in the CHL, you can go to the AHL in your D+2 year

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
How come Sandlin can be sent to the AHL? I thought the rule was players drafted out of the CHL have to go back to the CHL but if you were drafted out of somewhere else, play your D+1 year in the CHL, you can go to the AHL in your D+2 year

I am not 100% sure but I have heard that some players from Europe go to the CHL on a loan from their European team, in which case they are not obligated to play in the CHL after the draft.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Depends on the agreement as theVladiator mentioned. Julius Honka played on loan in the WHL in 2013-14. He was then able to play in the AHL in 2014-15 as an 18/19 year old. Similarly, Alex Nylander was drafted out of the OHL but joined the AHL immediately.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Same scenario as Alex Nylander I believe.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Hobey Baker winner Adam gaudette and top dman from 2016 Ollie juolevi officially sent down to Utica. Petris Palma the only other rookie remaining with the Canucks.

Leopain

Jun 15, 2017
Hobey Baker winner Adam gaudette and top dman from 2016 Ollie juolevi officially sent down to Utica. Petris Palma the only other rookie remaining with the Canucks.

I think you're missing a so-so prospect who got a little hype here...

Reactions: Mrb1p

hilarnat

Jun 17, 2017
Pretty sure 1,2,3,4,10 are still in. Dahlin (obviously), Svechnikov, Tkachuk, Kotkaniemi (I'll get at least 5 games in), Bouchard.

Probably others.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Pretty sure 1,2,3,4,10 are still in. Dahlin (obviously), Svechnikov, Tkachuk, Kotkaniemi (I'll get at least 5 games in), Bouchard.

Probably others.
Add Zadina and Ty Smith, although both are likely to be sent down, especially Smith.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Gaudette, Juolevi and Gaunce (waivers) sent down today. Demko will follow soon, but currently under concussion protocol.

I'm not really following Vancouver, but I'm surprised Gaudette was send down. I thought a lot of you guys had him penciled in on your third line? Disapointing preseason or is this a "we have to make room first" kinda thing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad