Notable prospect cuts.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I thought with the CHL season starting, and with NHL camps starting to make cuts, it would be interesting to see what notable prospects have been sent back to the CHL, Europe or AHL camp. I got this idea after checking out the Soo vs Saginaw tonight to notice that Morgan Frost was already back (a bit of a surprise, I thought he'd last a bit longer in camp), while Saginaw is without Bode Wilde. Try not to clog this thread up with marginal guys. Lets try to keep it to 1st rounders of the last 2 or 3 years, or clear top 100 prospects. Here's the list of guys who currently aren't at NHL camps off the top of my head.

Morgan Frost - Assigned to Sault Ste Marie Greyhounds of the OHL on September 18th 2018
Dominik Bokk - Assigned to Vaxjo of the SHL before NHL camp but after rookie camp on September 13th 2018
Ty Dellandrea- Assigned to Flint Firebirds of the OHL on September 19th 2018
Jason Robertson- Assigned to Kingstrom Frontenacs of the OHL on September 19th 2018
Lucas Elvenes - Assigned to Rogle bk of the SHL on September 19th 2018
Michael DiPietro - Assigned to Winsor Spitfires of the OHL on September 20th 2018
German Rubtsov- Assigned to Lehigh Valley Phantoms of the AHL September 20th 2018
Nicolas Beaudin - Assigned to Drummondville Voltigeurs of the QMJHL September 21st 2018
Bode Wilde - Assigned to Saginaw Spirit of the OHL on September 22nd 2018
Logan Brown - Assigned to Belleville Senators of the AHL on September 23rd 2018
Callan Foote - Assigned to Syracuse Crunch of the AHL on September 23rd 2018
Taylor Raddysh - Assigned to Syracuse Crunch of the AHL on September 23rd 2018
Pierre-Olivier Joseph - Assigned to Charlottetown Islanders of the QMJHL on September 23rd 2018
Nicolas Hague - Assigned to Chicago Wolves of the AHL on September 23rd 2018
Johnathan Dahlen - Assigned to Utica Comets of the AHL on September 23rd 2018
Klim Kostin - Assigned to San Antonio Rampage of the AHL on September 24th 2018
Joe Veleno - Assigned to Drummondville Voltigeurs of the AHL on September 24th 2018
Vitaly Abramov - Assigned to Cleveland Monsters of the AHL on September 24th 2018
Kieffer Bellows - Assigned to Bridgeport Sound Tigers of the AHL on September 24th 2018
Josh Ho-Sang - Assigned to Bridgeport Sound Tigers of the AHL on September 24th 2018
Noah Dobson - Assigned to Acadie-Bathurst Titans of the QMJHL on September 24th 2018
Owen Tippett- Assigned to Mississauga Steelheads of the OHL on September 24th 2018
Mikey McLeod- Assigned to Binghampton Devils of the AHL on September 25th 2018
Nick Suzuki - Assigned to Owen Sound Attack of the OHL on September 25th 2018
Cody Glass - Assigned to Portland Winter Hawks of the WHL on September 25th 2018
Julien Gauthier - Assigned to Charlotte Checkers of the AHL on September 26th 2018
Eeli Tolvanen - Assigned to Milwaukee Admirals of the AHL on September 26th 2018
Rasmus Sandin - Assigned to Toronto Marlies of the AHL on September 26th 2018
Liam Foudy - Assigned to London Knights of the OHL on September 26th 2018
Adam Boqvist- Assigned to London Knights of the OHL on September 26th 2018
Lucas Johansen - Assigned to Hershey Bears of the AHL on September 26th 2018
Ryan McLeod - Assigned to Mississauga Steelheads of the OHL on September 27th 2018
Ryan Merkely - Assigned to Guelph Storm of the OHL on September 27th 2018
Erik Brannstrom - Assigned to Chicago Wolves of the AHL on September 27th 2018
Ilya Samsonov - Assigned to Hershey Bears of the AHL on September 27th 2018
Olli Juolevi - Assigned to Utica Comets of the AHL on September 27th
Adam Gaudette - Assigned to Utica Comets of the AHL on September 27th
Martin Kaut - Assigned to Colorado Eagles of the AHL on September 27th
Ty Smith - Assigned to Spokane Chiefs of the WHL on September 28th 2018
Lias Andersson - Assigned to Hartford Wolfpack of the AHL on September 28th 2018
Timothy Liljegren- Assigned to Toronto Marlies on September 30th 2018
Phillipe Myers- Assigned to Lehigh Valley Phantoms of the AHL on September 30th 2018
Carter Hart - Assigned to Lehigh Valley Phantoms of the AHL on September 30th
Dylan Sikura - Assigned to Rockford IceHogs of the AHL on September 30th
Filip Zadina - Assigned to Grand Rapids Griffins of the AHL on September 30th
Trent Frederic - Assigned to Providence Bruins of the AHL on October 1st 2018
Henrik Borgstrom - Assigned to Springfield Thunderbirds of the AHL on October 1st 2018
Daniel Brickley- Assigned to Ontario Reign of the AHL on October 1st 2018
Kale Clague - Assigned to Ontario Reign of the AHL on October 1st 2018
Alexander Nylander- Assigned to Rochester Americans of the AHL on October 1st 2018
Max Jones - Assigned to San Diego Gulls of the AHL on October 2nd 2018
Logan Stanley - Assigned to Manitoba Moose of the AHL on October 2nd 2018

Other notables who haven't been at NHL Camp due to not signing an ELC/being in Europe or NCAA.

Cale Makar - UMass Amherst
Josh Norris - Michigan
Ryan Poehling- St. Could State
Jake Oettinger - Boston University
Shane Bowers- Boston University

Quinn Hughes - Michigan
Vitali Kravtsov - Traktor Chelyabinsk
Oliver Wahlstrom - Boston College
Joel Farabee - Boston University
Grigori Denisenko - Yaroslavl
Jay O'Brien - Providence College
Rasmus Kupari - Still with Karpat but has signed ELC
K'Andre Miller - Wisconsin
Filip Johansson - Hasn't signed ELC, and is with Leksands IF
Jacob Bernard-Docker - North Dakota
Nils Lundkvist - With Lulea HF, hasn't signed ELC

If anything sizable happens, please post a tweet and I'll add to where they were cut and sent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flukeshot

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Stars send Robertson and Dellandrea back to junior today after giving both a taste of Pre-Season yesterday. Not really a suprise but they are noteable prospects.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Stars send Robertson and Dellandrea back to junior today after giving both a taste of Pre-Season yesterday. Not really a suprise but they are noteable prospects.
Didn't realize Dellandrea was sent back. Noticed he signed his ELC. I'll add both to the list.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I'm pretty sure all those college players were cut because they aren't or can't play in pre-season games due to NCAA rules.

Reactions: Nucky10

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'm pretty sure all those college players were cut because they aren't or can't play in pre-season games due to NCAA rules.
I noted that. Here's what I said before them.

"Other notables who haven't been at NHL Camp due to not signing an ELC/being in Europe or NCAA."

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I noted that. Here's what I said before them.

"Other notables who haven't been at NHL Camp due to not signing an ELC/being in Europe or NCAA."
ok cool, figured people might not read it and just see the list and assumed they were cut because they had a poor camp.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Starting to see some notable cuts coming in with Dobson, Veleno, Logan Brown, Klim Kostin, Dahlen, Nic Hague, and PO Joseph sent down.

Reactions: 99664987

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
How'd he look in camp/pre-season?
Not really improved. Didn't deserve a spot. It's disappointing. Tallon has another sniper now, and it's a mature version with Hoffman so no need to try Tippett for 9 games I guess. He needs to go back to juniors, play better and earn a spot for WJC.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Does Dal Colle count at this point?
I don't think so. He's done nothing in 2 years to show he's worth of a shot, and the expectation around him reflect this. Mostly just listing where recent first rounders (2016 to 2018 are ending up) and guys who have dramatically improved their stock.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Bokk was sent back early due to the SHL season starting already. Was always the plan.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Has Gauthier not developed well? What's up with him?

He is coming along and actually looked good in pre-season, but he's still unpolished and needs more time. I think he's a guy that could just impose his will in Juniors, and now is adjusting to a pro game. He really struggled the first couple of months in the AHL but turned it around at the end and looked fairly good in camp.

Also, the Canes don't have a ton of room on the RW side now that they drafted Svechnikov. Teravainen, Williams (captain) and Svechnikov are the top 9 RWs so it's best to let him continue to develop his game in the AHL.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
what is the status of Samuel Morin, Nicolas Roy and Henrik Borgstrom?

Nic Roy is still in camp, but unlikely to stick. Probably the only reason he's in camp is because Victor Rask nearly cut off a couple of fingers with a kitchen knife and the Canes were already pretty thin at C. IMO, he looked pretty bad his first pre-season game but looked pretty good last night. His skating still concerns me and will likely be what limits him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->