Post-Game Talk: Not even zebra charity can help that bunch, Pens-6, Islanders -more than they earned

CrozJawz*

+Sid
+Koon
+Malkin
+Neal
+Maatta
+Nisky
+Juice
+Pensdong

=Letang

-Orpik
-Martin
-Zatkoff

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
It's not like i don't want the D-Men not playing well to sit. I just want them to make the routine plays that a Midget player can make.

Working the puck up methodically with support as a 5 man unit. Giving a guy skating back for the puck an outlet and that guy actually hitting that outlet. This is simple, simple stuff that some of these guys are constantly having trouble with.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
- Orpik: He's puke on ****, and has been for a loooooong time (years). Get rid of him, I don't care if it's for futures.
- Kobasew: No idea how/why this guy hasn't been waived yet.
- Letang: Scored a goal, but looked awful for the rest of the game.
- Martin: Really questionable game from a guy who has been our best d-man over the past couple of seasons. He needs to find his game again. We need him to be better.
- Scuderi: He's been really bad since the injury. Hoping it's just a matter of getting back to where he was pre-injury, because he was playing solid hockey.
- The Adams/Glass/Pierre/Bylsma on-air orgy.

+ Sid: Had a great game tonight.
+ Geno: Played well, got on the board.
+ Neal: Had an alright game, but the sick pass to Geno put him over the top.
++ Maatta: The legend grows. He's 19, and already 10x the player Letang is this season, between his IQ and his simple, yet smart play, and dynamic ability. He's gonna be a stud.
+ Kunitz: Worked well with Sid. Those two (I won't say the entire line, cuz Kobasew was trash--again) kept us in it early.
+ Megna: Had some really nice plays tonight, and it's a ****ing shame that Bylsma still won't play him over Kobasew on the 1st line.

Overall, a nauseating game to watch. The Isles continue to out work us, and ruin this team with their speed. They have complete free reign once they get the puck into our defensive zone, and it's foreshadowing for what's going to happen come playoff time. We are not built to win in the post-season. I've said it a million times and I'll say it again, Shero's got a HELL of a lot of work to do this deadline.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Looked like Letang got benched for a while. The first sign of veteran accountability I've seen from DB in ages. Just a mess of a game but a win is a win.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I'm just glad Orpik was out there in the last seconds of the game, considering how well he played the entire time.

And lay off Martin. I don't think anyone realizes how hard it is to play your game with that sort of liability as your partner.

Fire Shero*

+Geno, Neal, Koon, Maattaa, Glass
-Orpik, Kobasew, Zatkoff, Adams, Martin, Scuds

Good comeback win, scared me in the end, I thought this game was going to overtime.

Zatkoff was horrible. Yes he made a timely save, but damn, he was off all night. If the islanders could finish they would have put up double digits on him.

+Garth snow continuing the isles tradition of having horrible goaltending

Last edited by a moderator:

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Looked like Letang got benched for a while. The first sign of veteran accountability I've seen from DB in ages. Just a mess of a game but a win is a win.

But Orpik was still out there stinking it up. Looked like he was trying to make things interesting single-handedly.

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
These guys don't understand they do more good than bad, nor do they say a word when they do good work.
Same thing happens for every team. Some people on our board consistently hate on Vanek.

That one Isles fan on the main board hates Andrew McDonald more than I've ever hated anything in my life.
AMac has been very, very bad this season. He constantly flubs passes/shots, turns the puck over way too much, opts for the difficult play when he should just clear it etc. Cappy isn't helping him all that much though, he's at best a 4/5 DMan but on the Isles, he has to be 1/2 with Vis and Hamonic down. Hopefully we can flip him for something good at the deadline.

I'm sorry man, but that was literally a rule change before our eyes. There was NOTHING to go upstairs to.
I see where you're coming from, but one ref signaled goal while the other waved it off. I don't understand why Toronto got involved though, but I did think the play at the very least warranted a discussion and ultimately, they came to the right call (in my eyes;))

Then leave, troll.
I'm sorry, do you have something to add? I came to talk about the game. You came to bust chops. You can leave, troll.

As much as it pains this team to trade in-Division... something that would never be done under most any circumstance... the Penguins might reluctantly be willing to part with Orpik to the Islanders. I would even be willing to bet the price wouldn't be too steep!

Think if all that veteranphysicalexperience on your blueline! Your team's defensive woes would be instantly solved!
Depending on the price, I'd LOVE to have Orpik. I haven't gotten much of a chance to watch him this season; has he really fallen off as bad as some on here are saying?

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
+ Crosby, Kunitz, Maatta. Beast, beast's sidekick, boy wonder.
+ Megna is so fun to watch even if he's hated. He almost took out Adams, folk hero status
+ Malkin, Neal had an interesting game
+ Zatkoff's 5 on 3 save
+ That PP
+ Sutter managing an ENG. Teach Crosby your ways.
+ Niskanen, still solid

= Everyone else.

- Orpik, go away. So awful. Horripik is right, he's the hockey equivalent of food poisoning.
- Letang, so dumb. There's so much potential and he does good things and then the stupid undoes it all. Does anyone have a gif of him calling Crosby stupid?
- Gladams
- Chuck Kobasew, be gone, vile cretin!
- Bylsma, he is what he is, and that's pathetic.
- Refs, come on now.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'm just glad Orpik was out there in the last seconds of the game, considering how well he played the entire time.

And lay off Martin. I don't think anyone realizes how hard it is to play your game with that sort of liability as your partner.

I'll bet you Scuderi does. ;)

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Crosby was phenomenal tonight. I could only imagine what he would have been able to accomplish if Vanek and Okposo were his wingers. He only played 18:59 tonight, but it seemed like he was everywhere. One day he'll score an empty net goal... one day.

Maatta's goal was an absolute beauty, and Kunitz, Geno and Neal also played well. Megna looked good in the very, very small amount of ice time he received.

It was a fun game, the PP that Letang scored his goal on was one of the best PPs I've seen in a long time.

Also, Engelland was a -2 tonight. He played 6:29 :laugh:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Depending on the price, I'd LOVE to have Orpik. I haven't gotten much of a chance to watch him this season; has he really fallen off as bad as some on here are saying?

Oh yes.

Though, to be fair... he might conceivably turn it around for a season or even two with another team. But... eh... not much tread left on those tires. And his brain seems to have mysteriously stopped working, too.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Ref charity? Please.

Great game guys, Crosby is absolutely outstanding and Kunitz doesn't get enough respect on this site.

Very fun game, some excellent defensive play by Orpik and Malkin (of all people) saved some tap in goals.

Take him. Just get him off this ****ing team.

Orpik was horrible. The last 2 Isles goals were directly his fault.

And those 2 penalties were phantom calls. Completely bogus.

Orpik ruined my good mood. And as anybody who reads these boards knows, I **** sunshine these days.

I can't believe how stupid this guy is. How could he be dumb enough step up on the 3rd goal? How could he be so soft on the puck for the 4th goal?

He's an embarrassment. Can't wait for Mr. Glasshouse to start throwing rocks after the game.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Washington is now 13th in the Eastern Conference. They come out of the Olympic break with this schedule:

Boston
Philly
Philly
Boston
Phoenix
Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh
Vancouver
Toronto
Anaheim
Los Angeles
San Jose
Los Angeles
Boston

Good luck with that.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

He's been pretty terrible all season long. It's actually a joke that he was named to team USA imo. Martin fine but Orpik? Hell no.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Orpik and coming off a fairly lengthy injury, he has my pity. He's still in my coming off an injury grace period. He looked better yesterday, but the schedule probably got him a bit, too. It's not a concern.

He's amazing, our beloved veteran leadership and physicality. That man is a defensive rock that's always making good decisions, you'd think he has the body of a 25 year old.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
For whatever reason, Islanders games are always entertaining. Occasionally a bit of a mess and stress inducing, but usually quite entertaining.

Sid looked great today. And I think Pierre Mcguire may have fallen in love with Maatta (run Maatta! run!!!).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad