Post-Game Talk: Not Cup Champs from Detroit @ Cup Champs in DC 7:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I know this will upset some people, but I still wouldn't mind Green coming home for a one-year pre-retirement deal at the end of his career. Obviously depends on if the Capitals have space for him in whatever season that is (2022-23 maybe?). But Green and his wife bought a DC home recently and he plans on living here after retirement. Bringing in a former young gun for a swan song would be a nice touch.

Nice sentiment, not a smart way to run an organization.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
As a color guy or promotional exec or something? Sure
I was thinking more of 3RD and PP duty. Niskanen's contract will have expired by then and it's not like the Capitals currently have a bunch of RD prospects. Obviously still a very far ways off for stuff to change.

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
Thought I recognized her voice, A.J. Mleczko. Called some Isles games earlier this season, she's pretty good.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
I was thinking more of 3RD and PP duty. Niskanen's contract will have expired by then and it's not like the Capitals currently have a bunch of RD prospects. Obviously still a very far ways off for stuff to change.

Ouch - Green is a defensive liability so for any offence he could provide in a 2nd PP role, it would likely be negated by bad defensive plays that lead to goals

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
There it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad