Not Another Matt Murray Thread!

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
I saw this on twitter and didn't know where it goes. I also like attention so I decided to start a new thread!

EDIT: original tweet deleted, here’s what it said

I think the Buckley stuff is spot on. The rest? I sincerely doubt that's happened or is still happening. I'm a Fleury guy but still... this seems unlikely.

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I saw this on twitter and didn't know where it goes. I also like attention so I decided to start a new thread!

I think the Buckley stuff is spot on. The rest? I sincerely doubt that's happened or is still happening. I'm a Fleury guy but still... this seems unlikely.

Excited to see him have success elsewhere tbh. The shit this fanbase does to players like him, Letang, and even MAF is just a joke.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
No wonder he wants a ton of money to stay in Pittsburgh, Penguins fans are entitled assholes to him because he pushed their golden boy out of town.

I guess that's just what success does to fanbases.

Reactions: tom_servo

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Sounds like bs to me...I can’t believe even the most ardent Fleury Penguins fan would have the gall to say that directly to Murray’s face, to any player’s face, especially in front of his kid...

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Sounds like bs to me...I can’t believe even the most ardent Fleury Penguins fan would have the gall to say that directly to Murray’s face, to any player’s face, especially in front of his kid...

Right- this sounds like one of the MM fanbois themselves with a PR piece.

And the only one who messed with MM's kinetics is MM himself with his injuries: concussions, knee (or whatever it was during the 2nd cup run).

Also- wasn't Buckley selected bc of his supposed great working relationship with Matt?

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Sounds total BS to me. Dude won two cups yet a fan says that? I don't buy it.

Well to be fair, I know there are a ton of people who likely THINK this way.
But to say it to someone's face during a pic/autograph opportunity?
And how many fans are out and about going up to other human beings considering the pandemic?

Does not pass the sniff test.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I mean, the idea of a weirdo fan being stupid and mean during a meet-and-greet is totally plausible. But this is pretty much STDH.txt, it just needs a Marine standing up for MM and everybody clapping.

But, yeah, loads and loads of fans are trash. They should work on that, but we'd have to find Mark Madden something else to do and he's beyond being able to retrain himself as something useful.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Man... The dudes a Penguin. I have seen some smug dudes, but that hasn't been Murray. Guy's nice enough not to warrant that kind of crap.

I always thought what some say would never be said to any players face let alone one of your stars.

Crazy...Hope it is false too.

Last edited:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Why do we always let the vocal minority be the spotlight? I think the majority of the Pens fans love Murray. The majority around here Love #30. I freaking LOVE his game and even Matt Murray the person.

Why the f*** do we always have to let the small group be front and center?

Reactions: Jaded-Fan and BHD

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Why do we always let the vocal minority be the spotlight? I think the majority of the Pens fans love Murray. The majority around here Love #30. I freaking LOVE his game and even Matt Murray the person.

Because someone has to go on Facebook and ruin it for the rest of us here, most times.

Facebook isn't small and neither is twitter. This place is small and why I like it here.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I mean, he was given a Bronx cheer by the majority of our arena. I can’t think of that ever happening with Fleury.

So, I disagree. There is a huge group of our fanbase that for some reason dunks on Murray.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
It's weird how a certain incredibly low-information section of the Pens fanbase on any online channel treats any goalie like they're a QB, at least so far as that's where all the blame for losing lies.

It's doubly frustrating too, because their obnoxiousness and idiocy makes it impossible to have any discussion about goaltending at all.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I mean, he was given a Bronx cheer by the majority of our arena. I can’t think of that ever happening with Fleury.

So, I disagree. There is a huge group of our fanbase that for some reason dunks on Murray.

MAF was booed many times. The Pens were booed many of times. Ask Sid how the one part of 2015 went for him. Now people gave him a lot more slack, but it happens. Even every QB in every single team.

I also think this is just a goalie thing. I can't think of ONE goalie that is universally loved. MAF had his rough starts here. 2013? People claimed Vokoun was our starter.

I think it happens to all goalies. All QBs. Any singular position that has the spotlight on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad