Not Another Matt Murray Thread!

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Malkin literally pulled Rossi aside to make those comments. Media didn’t probe anything.

I don’t think we need to live in some weird vacuum where we disbelieve people hate Matt Murray because he hasn’t been consistent since we were “forced” to trade MAF.

But Sid was baited...

I'm pretty sure they went there first...

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Doesn't really pass the sniff test, TBH. 5 or 6 times a day? Like... face to face or...?

Look I fully acknowledge this still-existing, kinda-weird Fleury fascination within the fanbase but this doesn't sound right.

You sure about that? This very forum is a microcosm of it. Every PGT devolved into breaking down every single goal Murray let in, even when he was reason #1000000 why the Pens lost that night.

I hope, for his sake, he gets dealt and has tremendous success elsewhere.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
You sure about that? This very forum is a microcosm of it. Every PGT devolved into breaking down every single goal Murray let in, even when he was reason #1000000 why the Pens lost that night.

I hope, for his sake, he gets dealt and has tremendous success elsewhere.

I hope he has success, but posts like this kind of prove that there's no way to have a goalie conversation on the internet at ALL. :laugh:

It'd be better if people stopped any sort of pretending that these goalie conversations for or agains whomever are at all rational.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
A lot of Penguins fans are casuals imo. One aspect where I like Steelers fans over them. Steelers fans for the most part gets it's organization over players. Imagine if we cried about Bell and AB like Penguins do Fleury. No doubt in my mind it's why Letang hasn't been moved.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Next MM thread I been expecting to see is that he is traded.

The he signs in the off season with a rival for less than his asking price.

Then I expect a poster conflict between the "is still" and the "has been" MM HF fan base.

In that time (if they play a next season) MM will be a terror in the East.
-The "is still" faction posts with vehemency as the "has been" side does damage control.

When then, after a so far stellar season, Vezina ready and playoff bound, he will suffer an unfortunate untimely injury, which upon his return results in disappointing and shaunty attempts to regain his once unstoppable momentum...
-The "has been" faction pounces on the moment they have so patiently waited for.... and go on an all out offensive against the 'is still' camp ..... and!!!....

... posters are warned as attacks are unleashed... infractions flying wildly... innocent posters take infractions from indirect quoting of dubious posts, none safe... mods swarm... posters banned... threads getting locked... all hell breaks loose....

TheTang58

Nov 30, 2018
I mean, he was given a Bronx cheer by the majority of our arena. I can’t think of that ever happening with Fleury.

So, I disagree. There is a huge group of our fanbase that for some reason dunks on Murray.
It definitely happened to Fleury. MAF got dunked on relentlessly for all of his playoff meltdowns.

TheTang58

Nov 30, 2018
Next MM thread I been expecting to see is that he is traded.

The he signs in the off season with a rival for less than his asking price.

Then I expect a poster conflict between the "is still" and the "has been" MM HF fan base.

In that time (if they play a next season) MM will be a terror in the East.
-The "is still" faction posts with vehemency as the "has been" side does damage control.

When then, after a so far stellar season, Vezina ready and playoff bound, he will suffer an unfortunate untimely injury, which upon his return results in disappointing and shaunty attempts to regain his once unstoppable momentum...
-The "has been" faction pounces on the moment they have so patiently waited for.... and go on an all out offensive against the 'is still' camp ..... and!!!....

... posters are warned as attacks are unleashed... infractions flying wildly... innocent posters take infractions from indirect quoting of dubious posts, none safe... mods swarm... posters banned... threads getting locked... all hell breaks loose....
Human sacrifice. Dogs and cats living together.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I hope he has success, but posts like this kind of prove that there's no way to have a goalie conversation on the internet at ALL. :laugh:

It'd be better if people stopped any sort of pretending that these goalie conversations for or agains whomever are at all rational.
UBhYFbc.gif

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I'm not sure how much credence to put into that quote. However, I do believe there are fans who want to bring one guy down and the other prop the other guy up.

I understand why Murray would want to leave when all is said and done.

Last edited:

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Remember last year when the Cult of Fleury idiots wanted to trade Murray and make frigging Casey DeSmith the starter because he had one good week? God I hate those clowns.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
These asshole athletes playing a game should just be glad we don't get to vote like Caesars when we aren't ENTERTAINED

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Oh dear, someone booed or doesn't like you.

It definitely happened to Fleury. MAF got dunked on relentlessly for all of his playoff meltdowns.

MAF is still a household joke over here

Anytime a goalie does some stupid shit that boggles the mind

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Right- this sounds like one of the MM fanbois themselves with a PR piece.

And the only one who messed with MM's kinetics is MM himself with his injuries: concussions, knee (or whatever it was during the 2nd cup run).

Also- wasn't Buckley selected bc of his supposed great working relationship with Matt?
Yup..

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
BTW that tweet is gone. So no clue what this whining is about. I have zero context. Except that...

People here are defending Murray the same way the Fleury fans on Twitter/FB did for Fleury.

You lot are so the same and it's funny you don't see it. For me Fleury is gone, respect what he did. Murray had his time, has been far too inconsistent to earn what he wants.

One guy left and his goalie coach left so Murray got his guy there. Now I see some deleted tweet and some random shit.

Ah well.

Reactions: Khelandros

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Murray gets taunted about Fluery everyday and Jarry is Pens fans savior for the franchise
Not what I've seen at all. Here's what I saw.

1. No real fan holds the Fleury thing over Murray.
  2. Jarry was hated on for stealing DeSmiths job at first.
  3. People loved Jarry but said it was Murray's net when he earned it back.
  4. Both struggled. Murray struggled longer. Jarry struggled less.
  5. Dumb f***s here straight away went on a Murray crusade like narrow head needed some back up from fans.
  6. Jarry got shit talked because he struggled for a bit.

That's what's been going on.

Reactions: Khelandros

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I kinda wish it were true.

That way we can have a "When will the Pens retire #30" thread in 19 years. And have like ONE lone poster coming in and saying Murray actually loved the team and Mario and shiet.

At least this one poster would be able to say that Murray actually helped the team win a couple f***ing SCs....unlike certain other players....

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad