Rumor: NOT AGAIN Carbo met with Habs Management?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I was all like 'carb-oh-no'!

I love that scene. From which movie is this?

I do think it's not for a coaching job. It's probably to replace Lafleur as ambassador. Which would be good: he would probably give out the finger to the reporters once in a while.

That's from a show called the IT Crowd, Beaner.

But it's also a bit of a spoiler so forget what you saw if you plan on watching.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

I do think it's not for a coaching job. It's probably to replace Lafleur as ambassador. Which would be good: he would probably give out the finger to the reporters once in a while.

No idea. I just needed a fitting gif. :laugh:

Even as an ambassador, what qualifies Carbo to give advice? He's basically a talking head. I would sooner trust Ray Ferraro or Pierre McGuire before Carbo.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Who's next? Tremblay? Bergeron? G. Therrien?
Does Bergevin think he has to choose a coach from l'Antichambre?..

Jesus Christ.

Carbo has not coached since being fired from the Habs. He got U18 Canada team and they had their worst historic year I believe...I guess that qualifies him..

He actually coached team canada at the maccabi games three summers ago. My brother was on the team, they won gold.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
No idea. I just needed a fitting gif. :laugh:

Even as an ambassador, what qualifies Carbo to give advice? He's basically a talking head. I would sooner trust Ray Ferraro or Pierre McGuire before Carbo.

Ambassadors don't dish out advices too much. They just show up at functions and represent the Habs.

Although, while he wasn't the greatest coach of our times, he was an incredibly intelligent hockey player and knew how to win faceoffs. Plus, he was a warrior. He is a great example.

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
Who's next? Tremblay? Bergeron? G. Therrien?

You go girl!

mugshotBig.jpg

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
I expect meetings with Mario Tremblay and Gaston Therrien to be scheduled for tomorrow.

but why not let Chantal coach?

Let's hire the whole AC panel while we're at it. Fill every spot of the organisation with them, and create new ones if need be.

Not necessarily. We need to finish this season dead last. The last thing I want to see is a revival that leads to us finishing 9th. Let a new coach come next year. And let him not be a ****ing RDS employee.

Nothing wrong starting to shop early for a new coach. Would be proactive for once. As long as they leave the ship sinking until summer.

And yeah, please no more RDS guy/ex-coach. Been there done that.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
no one will be able to post comments like that once they hire Chantal Machabee! :)

A female coach would be great, surely the first in the NHL. Let's do this! Any sentient being would be an improvement. :)

11Goat11

Inside her
Feb 18, 2006
My memory is getting bad in my older age, I thought we were really offensive under Carbo at least, highest goals for in the conference one year or close? I know Kovalev helped that but still they were fun to watch for a while under Guy. I hated Dmen playing forward though. I know it crashed at the end but they were entertaining for a while with a killer PP, thx to Muller.

Moen is Gone

@MoeninGlory
Feb 13, 2007
Grenoble
twitter.com

It's a scene from british tv series The IT Crowd. Strongly recommended!

And you also have this version:

j4aSze1.gif

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Lol Carbo this is what it's come to. As a business looking to fill a vacancy the Habs would have 10-20 times more candidates to choose from if they scrapped the crippling non-performance-related French-language prerequisite. Habs are pandering to petty xenophobic prejudices, looks like Alabama in the 1950s.

Im glad others feel this way as well. It's infuriating as a fan who could not care less about the language.

axman88

Apr 5, 2007
It's time to woo Kirk Muller back....sign him as head coach and Guy as assistant to deal with the french media...! :handclap:

edit: Bob G can take care of defense

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I remember when Guy Carbonneau was thought of as the next coming...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad