Post-Game Talk: Not a good game: 5-3 Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
That '3rd' line should be 'fun' to watch. Remind me again the last time Stafford even got a point? I guess Maurice really is serious about not wanting to worry about scoring ;)

I will be far more interested every time the Petan - Burmi -Copp line steps on the ice than I will with Thorburn - Lowry - Stafford

ulf

Sep 21, 2002
sandy hook
Visit site
I'm not even a fan of Staffords and I think he's been okay to good. If he has a problem it's Lowry is to slow and Burmi holds the puck too long.

Try playing him with Ladd Schief Stafford as a line.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Though if this allows us to run all lines for at least 10 min each maybe some good will come out of it

That seems to be the idea. Our 3rd is on paper more physical, our 4th is now more skilled.

We are matching up against 4 line teams on this road trip, so it's a good idea, I think.

Putting Stu-Trouba together again leaves Chiarot-Myers as our weakest pairing, but we know they can also be solid, both have had good stretches,just not together yet.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I will be far more interested every time the Petan - Burmi -Copp line steps on the ice than I will with Thorburn - Lowry - Stafford

Agreed.

I see Petan-Burmi-Copp as the better line, to be honest, especially with the way that Lowry has played this season.

This line-up should give a bit more balance to the bottom 2 lines. Let's hope Maurice plays them that way.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
By the way, is anyone else sharing my concern about Perreault's play? He seems to make a lot of bone-headed plays with the puck. Last night, he pulled a "Stuart" - wristing a shot directly into the shinpads of an onrushing forward. He needs to pull out of his funk. Having him and Ladd on the first PP is not a good combination right now.

I think he started off playing too loosey goosey in preseason, maybe too acclimatized to a roster spot to play hard every shift.

I'd like to see Ehlers on the point of our first PP. His speed is phenomenal to gain zone possession and find scoring area. And he is a more dangerous shooter. Put Perrault on the 2nd unit on the half wall with Scheif -Stafford and Enstrom/Chiarot-Trouba/Myers on the points.

There were several players who made mistakes last night, some deserve scrutiny, but I also give credit to the Wild who were ready, speedy and tenacious.

TenderBender

Feb 25, 2015
Mo is a fan of burmi. I think this should be interpreted as an upgrade to the 4th line. I think Mo, rightfully so, is trying to shore up that line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad