Proposal: Not a fan of montreal or dallas but

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
I heard dallas color guy get intervied recently. He said seguin is obvious first center. Faskas is brilliant 3rd. And now a healthy martin hanzal is going to slot into second line

If im managing dallas payroll im not happy about paying 7.5 for a 4th line guy. I also dont expect a star player to remain a happy locker room guy when his career ends this way

Of course i dont see him play everyday so maybe he is finished? Personally i think he still has value

If i was montreal fan dealing with that mess id be grasping at straws. But honestly im not. I enjoy their suffering. If they want to reject this lifeline i get a perverse thrill out of what comes next.

Maybe they will get a better trade for patches. Or maybe he will stay and become half the player they think he is? If so... so be it.

But honestly i dont fear it. I think im going to end up being very happy when i read the trade thread after the deal goes down. There might even be posts there wishing i was their gm?

I honestly do feel this trade addresses both teams needs and made the suggestion in good faith. If anyone else wishes to engage me, ive lost interest. I like montreal misery but it taste sweeter when they are a worthy opponent so for that reason alone i hope they turn it around

As for dallas i think they are getting closer. Maybe we will see you in the playoffs soon. I do think its wise to move spezza though. I expect jim nill knows this without me having to say so. That '7.5 will be difficult to find a home for. Is there any team other than montreal with enough need to gamble on that contract? I dont know

Its an expensive contract that is too much money now but it doesnt hurt us. He expires with Seguin, its perfect. Money transfers from Spezza to Seguin. One of the worst things Dallas could do is move Spezza's 7.5 this offseason and then spend that on new players because then we end up in a massive cap crunch trying to re-sign Seguin. Spezza making 7.5 million is quite literally a non issue for us next year

As for trading him, Im sure Dallas would be open to it seeing as he took a step back and isnt worth close to 7.5 million but for those same reasons not many teams will be interested in him. So if the choice is to pay someone to clear his salaray a year earlier or just keep Spezza because as I out lined there is absolutely no need to move him then Im sure Dallas is more than ok to keep a pick

As for the deal in the OP I never said anything against that value, all I said is Spezza would not waiver for Montreal so its pointless

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
there was 3 other 'young' pieces in the proposal

you might not be farmilar with a thing called the salary cap. but teams that take on salary need to worry about it.

also montreal is trying not to destroy the confidence of kids like drouin and the russian kid by forcing them into bad positions. if spezza were to find his mojo and could play some top line center than drouin would unquestionally benefit

what we know now is montreal is circling the toilet. their assets are depreciating. their kids are joining an accident zone

some serious house cleaning is needed but you cant go with 100% kids for a rebuild. you still need key positions filled with vets

i didn't know an over-the-hill-C, ritchie and magic beans were 'young pieces'. Spezza is not the answer, regardless of confidence or lack thereof. Bergevin needs to target young C men or draft them....
circling the toilet? accident zone? pray tell what other cataclysms will be thrust upon the CH, bruins fan of 43 years? is this wishful thinking, or altruistic, amateur GM work for the hated enemy?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
This was a entertaining read, thanks :laugh:. Based on your proposal i'm sure you have enough hockey knowledge to become an NHL GM!

if your happy with montreals current gm and the job he is doing then maybe you do need some additional knowledge. I'm glad for my small contribution today. with luck maybe you can continue to gain more as time passes but it wont be from me. I'm done here

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
No deal is to be made with Dallas without Honka or Nuke coming back the other way.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
if your happy with montreals current gm and the job he is doing then maybe you do need some additional knowledge. I'm glad for my small contribution today. with luck maybe you can continue to gain more as time passes but it wont be from me. I'm done here

When did i say that? I'm saying you don't have a clue about what you're talking about, the evidence being your terrible proposal, that's all.

Last edited:
Reactions: draft day

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad