Proposal: Not a fan of montreal or dallas but

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I do like making proposals and i see montreal needing serious rebuild... see dallas trying to get over the hump

My proposal

Max pacoretty
Tomas plekanec

For

Jason spezza
Brett richie
2018 first
And conditional 2019 pick based on playoff success

Could spezza bounce back with more icetime? Is brett richie going to fullfill his promise? Could be great for montreal

Meanwhile dallas moves a huge cap space for next season and gets a guy that might explode with seguin and benn.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I do like making proposals and i see montreal needing serious rebuild... see dallas trying to get over the hump

My proposal

Max pacoretty
Tomas plekanec

For

Jason spezza
Brett richie
2018 first

Could spezza bounce back with more icetime? Is brett richie going to fullfill his promise? Could be great for montreal

Meanwhile dallas moves a huge cap space for next season and gets a guy that might explode with seguin and benn.

yeah spezza sure helps habs in a rebuild. thx bruins fan, stick to bruins proposals lol

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
yeah spezza sure helps habs in a rebuild. thx bruins fan, stick to bruins proposals lol

there was 3 other 'young' pieces in the proposal

you might not be farmilar with a thing called the salary cap. but teams that take on salary need to worry about it.

also montreal is trying not to destroy the confidence of kids like drouin and the russian kid by forcing them into bad positions. if spezza were to find his mojo and could play some top line center than drouin would unquestionally benefit

what we know now is montreal is circling the toilet. their assets are depreciating. their kids are joining an accident zone

some serious house cleaning is needed but you cant go with 100% kids for a rebuild. you still need key positions filled with vets

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
spezza hates canada he'd never waive to go a canadian team, more or less montreal

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

My proposal

Max pacoretty
Tomas plekanec

For

Jason spezza
Brett richie
2018 first

No chance that the Habs would entertain that.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Stars would probably accept but Spezza wouldn't go to Montreal. As a Stars fan I'm more than happy to give up Ritchie, but I do find it more likely that a 2019 1st would be given up over a 2018 1st, considering the draft is in Dallas this year. Personally as a Stars fan I don't want to change anything. Spezza is slower and doesn't get the PP time or ice time that he used to, but he's still a threat to score and could be big for us in the playoffs. I'd rather just keep the team the same unless we can acquire another top 6 right winger without giving up too much.

Reactions: SourTemplePilot

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

My proposal

Max pacoretty
Tomas plekanec

For

Jason spezza
Brett richie
2018 first

On one hand you say Montreal needs a serious rebuild then in the next breath you trade their most valuable trade asset in return for a 34-year old center?

Do you even know what a rebuild is?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
On one hand you say Montreal needs a serious rebuild then in the next breath you trade their most valuable trade asset in return for a 34-year old center?

Do you even know what a rebuild is?

what if i was trading their most valuable asset for 2 picks and a young prized power forward? and spezza was a wild card i wanted included?

Last edited by a moderator:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Spezza would obviosly be a Cap Dump so we can actually take back that salary. I doubt he'd agree to that though so thats a moot points. Sadly Spezza has really not been good this year and likely won't be next year either. Gotta live with it. At least his contract is gone after next season .

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
what if i was trading their most valuable asset for 2 picks and a young prized power forward? and spezza was a wild card i wanted included?

Ok but you only proposed a 2018 1st, the other pick in 2019 you said was conditional based on playoff success (complete wildcard).... Brett Richie is really nothing special and Spezza, at this age, holds negative value in almost any trade scenario. Montreal is not trading a consistent 30 goal winger, who is there Captain and best trade chip for that crap package...

Last edited by a moderator:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Dallas would need to add considerably more...

But I definitely think there's a fit.

Simpler deal might just be Plekanec for Spezza and 2nd....

Habs have cap space to take Spezza's full contract, stars get a better bottom 6 C fit for these playoffs & free up 7.5M in cap space for the off-season at the cost of a 2nd

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I'd target Faksa before Spezza.

In which Dallas would quickly decline. Faksa is worth more to the Stars and more important to them than Pacioretty or Plekanec would ever be. Wouldn't even trade him straight up

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Draft is in Dallas this year, so I'd be shocked if the Stars traded their first round pick.

Janmark, Honka and 1st + Cap dump

No chance. Janmark is our fourth/fifth (with Faksa) best forward and has the same amount of points as Pacioretty this season. Then we add Honka and a first? Nooooooo

Dallas would need to add considerably more...

But I definitely think there's a fit.

Simpler deal might just be Plekanec for Spezza and 2nd....

Habs have cap space to take Spezza's full contract, stars get a better bottom 6 C fit for these playoffs & free up 7.5M in cap space for the off-season at the cost of a 2nd

I dont hate the idea of freeing up some cap space this offseason, but I think trading Spezza would f**k with the room too much. He's a well liked and well respected teammate (that still can contribute in multiple areas on the ice).

I'd target Faksa before Spezza.
Faksa is too important. Pacioretty is great, but trading Faksa would open up too many holes to deal him for a luxury.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad