Proposal: Not a fan of montreal or dallas but

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I'd target Faksa before Spezza.

And I'd target Jennifer Lawrence before DJ Qualls at Comic Con. But I've never felt the need to bring it up before because some things are so obvious that they don't need to be said.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
spezza hates canada he'd never waive to go a canadian team, more or less montreal

Ya he does not "hate" Canada but nice try. He might not want to play in a Canadian market which is something totally different. He prefers to be out of the spotlight which is his right but shows a lack of character IMO.

Reactions: SenzZen

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
And I'd target Jennifer Lawrence before DJ Qualls at Comic Con. But I've never felt the need to bring it up before because some things are so obvious that they don't need to be said.

Thing is, we're talking about Patch here, the guy has good value.
Spezza does not.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Thing is, we're talking about Patch here, the guy has good value.
Spezza does not.

Oh, I agree. And the joke wasn't meant to say anyone was wrong. Just that it sounded like a personal preference thing, rather than a foregone conclusion that Faksa is worth more than Spezza.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
what if i was trading their most valuable asset for 2 picks and a young prized power forward? and spezza was a wild card i wanted included?

ummm... no on second thought you are right and me dummy. thanks for smarting me up. now me can play with the other grown ups here even if they cant read a simple trade proposal before spouting off some grunting of their own

It is difficult to determine what the worst part of this whole thing is. Is it: 1) Your original, hopelessly clueless trade proposal? Is it: 2) That you think that Brett Richie is a "young prized power forward? Or is it 3) Your "comeback" at the end of this post that makes me seriously wonder how it's possible that you old enough to have any idea who Terry O'Reilly was?

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
It is difficult to determine what the worst part of this whole thing is. Is it: 1) Your original, hopelessly clueless trade proposal? Is it: 2) That you think that Brett Richie is a "young prized power forward? Or is it 3) Your "comeback" at the end of this post that makes me seriously wonder how it's possible that you old enough to have any idea who Terry O'Reilly was?
I know its the internet and you might very well be some Harvard sport expert genius but maybe you could see that the op offer looks like what Shattenkirk went for at last tdl.

I am sure there is room out there to improve the offer but nothing to get all worked up for nothing.

Of course if you are one who believes Max will land Thomas, Kyrou and their 1st in 2019 well i hope you get that return so you will be a happier guy.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Janmark, Honka and 1st + Cap dump

Yeah no...you aren't getting Janmark. Way too important to our team and if he is in the lineup then we are already better. I have no interest at all in giving up a package like that for a player we won't resign when time.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
This is just god awful, why is Spezza in this? Ritchie doesn't get Dallas Pacioretty.
Spezza is in for money I assume and Ritchie isnt the main piece for Patches here, that would be the 1st and the other conditional pick.

Its moot because Spezza wouldnt waive for Canada anyways

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Dallas would need to add considerably more...

But I definitely think there's a fit.

Simpler deal might just be Plekanec for Spezza and 2nd....

Habs have cap space to take Spezza's full contract, stars get a better bottom 6 C fit for these playoffs & free up 7.5M in cap space for the off-season at the cost of a 2nd

Dallas has zero reason to do this. We dont need to free Spezz'a cap, it doesnt hurt us so there is no way we pay a 2nd to get out a year early

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Dallas has zero reason to do this. We dont need to free Spezz'a cap, it doesnt hurt us so there is no way we pay a 2nd to get out a year early

You think Nill would have no off-season use of 7.5M in cap space to spend for the last season B4 Seguin cashes in, honka gets a raise & methot gets replaced or extended?

Not too mention the several rfa that need extensions this summer?

I doubt Dallas goes into next year with a 13min player eating up that much cap, but I guess we'll see

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I know its the internet and you might very well be some Harvard sport expert genius but maybe you could see that the op offer looks like what Shattenkirk went for at last tdl.

Except that Shattenkirk was an impending Unrestricted Free Agent, and a secondary support player. Max is one of the top goal scorers of the last five seasons and signed beyond this year to a terrific value contract. There's a world of difference between these two players and I don't think you need to be a "Harvard Sport Expert Genius" to see the huge difference in these situations.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
You think Nill would have no off-season use of 7.5M in cap space to spend for the last season B4 Seguin cashes in, honka gets a raise & methot gets replaced or extended?

Not too mention the several rfa that need extensions this summer?

I doubt Dallas goes into next year with a 13min player eating up that much cap, but I guess we'll see

We dont have a ton of additions this offseason. No need to move spezza because we dont need the 7.5 million in cap

Heiskanen (0.925+bonuses) can replace Hamhuis (3.75). Thats nearly 3 million in cap space right there. Sign a back up at around 1.5 to 2 million instead of Lehtonen (5.9) and thats roughly 4 million more in cap. So with those 2 moves we are sitting at 7 million in space. Give Elie, Smith a raise to 1 million. That leaves us with 6.5. bump shore to 1.5 and Janmark to 2 million and we now still have 4.5 in cap Pateryn is likely gone as a UFA so give his money to Johns. We still have 4.5 in cap. That leaves us 4.5 to sign Roussel who I think tests free agency because he can likely get more than we will offer

Basically the way Dallas has contracts structured we can give decent raises to Smith, Elie, Johns, Janmark and Shore. We can replace Hamhuis with Heiskanen, sign a backup goalie and be left with 4.5 million in cap assuming the cap does not go up. Nichushkin said he wants back and Management wants him back. He wont cost close to 4 million so we can afford him.

As for Seguin that is a non issue. Spezza expires the same year Seguin does. So we can give Seguin 10, put Faksa 2C, Hanzal 3C and have a couple million left to play with. Honka doesnt come up this year and Methot getting extended is unlikely and if it happens it will be cheap because he will more than likely be our 3LD in 2 years behind Lindell (who he is already behind) and Heiskanen

So I understand that a 2nd round pick is reasonable if we need to move cap for a reason but this up coming offseason we simply do not need to move cap. We can up everyones contract and be left with money to sign someone if we want

that would leave us with a line up of

Benn-Seguin-Radulov
Janmark-Spezza-Shore
Nichushkin-Faksa-Pitlick
Elie-Hanzal-Smith

Lindell-Klingberg
Methot-Johns
Heiskanen-Honka

Bishop

That is essentially the group we have right now but with Heiskanen over Hamhuis and Nichushkin over Roussel. That group right now is showing they are more than good enough to win games right now. If Spezza takes a massive step back, just play him 4C and rotate Faksa and Hanzal up

Last edited:
Reactions: busterlid

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I want very much to thank your for your contribution... and i would have assuming you had contributed anything. dont worry, maybe next time you might be able to? I shall continue my faith in your ability even with this sad failure and hope for better
Only fail in this thread is that one sided proposal you you posted as well as the rest of the gibberish you put down. Spezza ,Ritchie :facepalm:

Also you claim you don't like making proposals. We understand why. We don't like you making Proposals either.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Only fail in this thread is that one sided proposal you you posted as well as the rest of the gibberish you put down. Spezza ,Ritchie :facepalm:

I think this post might be better? We have to grade it on a special learning curve but yeah... i see some potential in you young man. A very solid D- for penmenship and class participation.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I think this post might be better? We have to grade it on a special learning curve but yeah... i see some potential in you young man. A very solid D- for penmenship and class participation.
Again we are both in agreement. Neither one of us like you making Proposals so take your own advice and DON'T no more.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Spezza is in for money I assume and Ritchie isnt the main piece for Patches here, that would be the 1st and the other conditional pick.

Its moot because Spezza wouldnt waive for Canada anyways

I heard dallas color guy get intervied recently. He said seguin is obvious first center. Faskas is brilliant 3rd. And now a healthy martin hanzal is going to slot into second line

If im managing dallas payroll im not happy about paying 7.5 for a 4th line guy. I also dont expect a star player to remain a happy locker room guy when his career ends this way

Of course i dont see him play everyday so maybe he is finished? Personally i think he still has value

If i was montreal fan dealing with that mess id be grasping at straws. But honestly im not. I enjoy their suffering. If they want to reject this lifeline i get a perverse thrill out of what comes next.

Maybe they will get a better trade for patches. Or maybe he will stay and become half the player they think he is? If so... so be it.

But honestly i dont fear it. I think im going to end up being very happy when i read the trade thread after the deal goes down. There might even be posts there wishing i was their gm?

I honestly do feel this trade addresses both teams needs and made the suggestion in good faith. If anyone else wishes to engage me, ive lost interest. I like montreal misery but it taste sweeter when they are a worthy opponent so for that reason alone i hope they turn it around

As for dallas i think they are getting closer. Maybe we will see you in the playoffs soon. I do think its wise to move spezza though. I expect jim nill knows this without me having to say so. That '7.5 will be difficult to find a home for. Is there any team other than montreal with enough need to gamble on that contract? I dont know

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I heard dallas color guy get intervied recently. He said seguin is obvious first center. Faskas is brilliant 3rd. And now a healthy martin hanzal is going to slot into second line

If im managing dallas payroll im not happy about paying 7.5 for a 4th line guy. I also dont expect a star player to remain a happy locker room guy when his career ends this way

Of course i dont see him play everyday so maybe he is finished? Personally i think he still has value

If i was montreal fan dealing with that mess id be grasping at straws. But honestly im not. I enjoy their suffering. If they want to reject this lifeline i get a perverse thrill out of what comes next.

Maybe they will get a better trade for patches. Or maybe he will stay and become half the player they think he is? If so... so be it.

But honestly i dont fear it. I think im going to end up being very happy when i read the trade thread after the deal goes down. There might even be posts there wishing i was their gm?

I honestly do feel this trade addresses both teams needs and made the suggestion in good faith. If anyone else wishes to engage me, ive lost interest. I like montreal misery but it taste sweeter when they are a worthy opponent so for that reason alone i hope they turn it around

As for dallas i think they are getting closer. Maybe we will see you in the playoffs soon. I do think its wise to move spezza though. I expect jim nill knows this without me having to say so. That '7.5 will be difficult to find a home for. Is there any team other than montreal with enough need to gamble on that contract? I dont know

This was a entertaining read, thanks :laugh:. Based on your proposal i'm sure you have enough hockey knowledge to become an NHL GM!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad