North Bay Battalion 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
Well that was unexpected. This undermanned team believes in themselves. Horrible move by the coaches calling two guys off leading to the 2nd Sudbury goal. We’ll take it.

Reactions: Uncle

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
April 22nd? Is that a joke? He should have been playing the very next game. The suspension is the joke.
Allegedly it’s been appealed. He’s missed 2 of the 6. Would be an unfortunate way for a guy to have to end his OHL career. I thought the replay was pretty obvious. Does the league office have dial up? I don’t understand why these things take so long to be dealt with. Everything officiating/discipline related seems to be a clown show this year.

EP21 should be flying up draft boards.

stickhandle

Jul 4, 2007
Allegedly it’s been appealed. He’s missed 2 of the 6. Would be an unfortunate way for a guy to have to end his OHL career. I thought the replay was pretty obvious. Does the league office have dial up? I don’t understand why these things take so long to be dealt with. Everything officiating/discipline related seems to be a clown show this year.

EP21 should be flying up draft boards.
i thought it was hands to the chest then just finished check , league and hockey in general is getting so soft

stickhandle

Jul 4, 2007
Tough call. They will have a need for both really. Biggest need imo will be a D who can drive offence, our roster looks pretty bleak in that department. If that player isn’t available they go with best forward available. Total guess btw.
best player available is always the best strategy in first unless its real close

apfsds

Jan 23, 2024
Anyone else notice how Kennedy and Rides game has improved since they started to play more physical? Also, Ertel has been so solid this past month. Therrien, anger management courses start next week....be there!!!
Not a chance, Therrien needs to keep playing that way. Needs to play like Darcy Tucker or Brendon Gallagher. He took Anania, Van Vilet and McCallum all off the ice for penalties. That’s doing his job. Yes the cross check was wrong but so was the two high sticks and the delay of game penalty we took but That’s hockey. I’d rather have a kid that’s plays on the edge then one that gets pushed around.

Reactions: O fan and yacky

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Not a chance, Therrien needs to keep playing that way. Needs to play like Darcy Tucker or Brendon Gallagher. He took Anania, Van Vilet and McCallum all off the ice for penalties. That’s doing his job. Yes the cross check was wrong but so was the two high sticks and the delay of game penalty we took but That’s hockey. I’d rather have a kid that’s plays on the edge then one that gets pushed around.
The flopping around and retaliation penalties get old quick. Coaches have told him multiple times to cool it mid game. Gotta learn to keep your emotions in check. Can’t throw a hit 5 seconds after he’s gotten rid of the puck because you’re upset you got levelled. Kids a great player, crafty and quick but he gets in his own way when he starts playing like that.

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
The flopping around and retaliation penalties get old quick. Coaches have told him multiple times to cool it mid game. Gotta learn to keep your emotions in check. Can’t throw a hit 5 seconds after he’s gotten rid of the puck because you’re upset you got levelled. Kids a great player, crafty and quick but he gets in his own way when he starts playing like that.
Most common thing heard on the stands is “oh, ffs Therrien” when he takes an emotional type penalty lol

apfsds

Jan 23, 2024
That’s the role he was dealt. It’s not glorious and it’s punishing but that’s his job. It’s part of the game. They have McCallum doing the same stuff except he won’t fight

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
Well that was fun.
Horrible officiating again, 7 PPs for the Wolves and 3 for North Bay. Same game plan that Kingston had but we continued to skate away.
Amazing job by Kennedy throwing Dog the Bounty Hunter around. Great celly on the blatantly obvious high stick. 🤡

Reactions: Samee987

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
No starters listed yet but it looks like the only change is Laroque in for Rye.

Thanks for your contribution Easton.

I don’t imagine we’ll see much of our 4th line tonight with Sudbury having last change. They were frightening every time they got on the ice on Saturday.

Hope to see lots of other Troops fans in the building tonight.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014

I don’t imagine we’ll see much of our 4th line tonight with Sudbury having last change. They were frightening every time they got on the ice on Saturday.

Sudbury's 4th line is frightening. Big and tough. Richter & Amidovski took some big hits.

Reactions: 190 is almost 206

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Sudbury's 4th line is frightening. Big and tough. Richter & Amidovski took some big hits.
Pretty much the entire wolves roster (should) be frightening. Their most skilled are 6’2” and 200lbs. If they set a physical tone for the rest to follow …yikes.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016

This is exactly why you have the Arnsby line. Now at game 4 of 6 with 0 official word on an appeal. Ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad