North Bay Battalion 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Pretty good looking picks so far. I hope they all enjoy either having their butts glued to the bench or watching from the stands for a season. Best way to develop kids in 2019.
That is the sad part about this all, seeing quality draft picks being made, then realizing it will probably mean jack. Hopefully some "issues" will be worked out prior to this next season

Last edited:

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
from the north..kid from Sudbury MM and Wrays son....should be some good invites....is there a spring skate...gardens ice usually left in till then....

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Can’t complain about today’s draft
Interesting grabs in the first couple rounds. Was hoping they would drop the focus on local talent and grab some skill, which is what they seemed to do.

The focus on Don Mills is interesting. Might be a ploy to ensure commitments. That program was absolutely stacked this year, so hopefully we avoided the duds. Third best RD on that roster, but from what I've read he still had some skill. If they come, the twins will be a cool story.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Interesting grabs in the first couple rounds. Was hoping they would drop the focus on local talent and grab some skill, which is what they seemed to do.

The focus on Don Mills is interesting. Might be a ploy to ensure commitments. That program was absolutely stacked this year, so hopefully we avoided the duds. Third best RD on that roster, but from what I've read he still had some skill. If they come, the twins will be a cool story.
Plenty of spots available, assume they are all willing to report, being on a such a great team stats may be inflated but arnsby sounds he was a big part of success for the team. Glad we didn’t only focus on local talent

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Looking forward, I think the right thing to do is shop Matt Struthers to a contender. He probably commands a relatively significant return, and him moving on opens up space for some of our young centers to get some key exposure.

Moving one of the goalies as well probably gives us enough assets to round out the roster with another OA defenseman and a younger 2C.

I see Brad Chenier as the front runner for captaincy next season.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Looking forward, I think the right thing to do is shop Matt Struthers to a contender. He probably commands a relatively significant return, and him moving on opens up space for some of our young centers to get some key exposure.

Moving one of the goalies as well probably gives us enough assets to round out the roster with another OA defenseman and a younger 2C.

Who do you move?

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016

We agree finally. Great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad