North Bay Battalion 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Anybody else heard the rumor of a possible coaching change? A potential candidate's contract has expired and he is looking for a home in NB.

That rumour was Barrie GM Ford following Marty Williamson hire. Coach Hawerchuk was extended. Ford, I am unsure; but, I doubt he would be let go prior to the priority draft

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Assuming Braz plays this year he burns a year off the contract. Can still sign with an NHL team, Marlies will terminate his contract unless Toronto matches the offer.

Gr8northscout

Aug 29, 2012
Ontario
That rumour was Barrie GM Ford following Marty Williamson hire. Coach Hawerchuk was extended. Ford, I am unsure; but, I doubt he would be let go prior to the priority draft

Where does it say Hawerchuk was extended? And why would he be shopping for a home in NB?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Where does it say Hawerchuk was extended? And why would he be shopping for a home in NB?

read Hawerchuk was extended (2 wks ago?) on the Barrie thread.
Read somewhere else, Ford was shopping for a cottage in NB area. That’s how the Ford as possible NB GM started I guess

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
Mark Seidel, operates Northern American Central Scouting Services and says "Obviously Stan’s record and longevity speaks for itself,”

What record would that be? Best sub .500 losing coach to keep a job for 21 years!!
Mark Seidel's comments have little value to the good hockey people in the game , and that one proves it !

Reactions: Samee987

Attackfan43

Mar 25, 2019
Owen Sound, ON
Assuming Braz plays this year he burns a year off the contract. Can still sign with an NHL team, Marlies will terminate his contract unless Toronto matches the offer.

At any point during the next 2 years, Justin Brazeau can sign an NHL deal.

The Toronto Maple Leafs basically get the first right of refusal. They can either match the deal and retain him or let him go.

It's kind of weird. It happened a few year's ago. Can't remember with who though.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
At any point during the next 2 years, Justin Brazeau can sign an NHL deal.

The Toronto Maple Leafs basically get the first right of refusal. They can either match the deal and retain him or let him go.

It's kind of weird. It happened a few year's ago. Can't remember with who though.
It’s a good idea, make sure he can hang in the pros with his skating without giving him an ELC

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Paul Christopoulos picked at 38th

A 5'10", 30 point centre on a stacked AAA Don Mills team with the 9th overall pick?.? The second coming of Adam McMaster. Lots of bigger/more productive players available.

A 5'9" defenceman from the same Don Mills team with the 2nd round pick?? Pair him up with Henderson...that'll scare a lot of teams.

I guess we only scouted the OHL cup.

Don't like either picks!

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
A 5'10", 30 point centre on a stacked AAA Don Mills team with the 9th overall pick?.? The second coming of Adam McMaster. Lots of bigger/more productive players available.

A 5'9" defenceman from the same Don Mills team with the 2nd round pick?? Pair him up with Henderson...that'll scare a lot of teams.

Don't like either picks!

30 point centre what? im seeing 70 pts in 49 games for arnsby who was the consensus #9 pick from basically every scout that put out a list. Very good offensively with a high end motor in all 3 zones, sounds like a more skilled Peters.... which is perfect.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Don't like either picks!

Multiple sites had the RD very early 2nd, possibility of 1st round with his brother to follow soon thereafter

Reactions: Uncle

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Multiple sites had the RD very early 2nd, possibility of 1st round with his brother to follow soon thereafter
brock ottens "2nd favourite dman" in this draft, thought london would take him at 20... icing on the cake to have both brothers, could be a fun story line but these players were picked on merit, not a gimmick reach like we may or may not have seen before

Last edited:

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016

Don't like either picks!
Thé game is getting away from needing to be big.

Reactions: Uncle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad