North Bay Battalion 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greatger

May 11, 2007
Don’t know the details of what actually killed the Battalion-Voodoos affiliation but there are several skilled players for Powassan that would have been interesting to see rotating in and out of here for a few games at this time of year. Powassan seems to make much more sense than going all the way to Pembroke. On days when the Voodoos weren’t playing but the Troops were, there would be nothing to lose in trying some of them out - worked out pretty good in the Vrbetic case.
From what I have been told, it was the Voodoos ownership that dropped the Battalion. Apparently when Butler wanted a player, it was always a last minute thing and the ownership got tired of this happening especially when they were trying to win their own championship. A Boneheaded move by both clubs.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
From what I have been told, it was the Voodoos ownership that dropped the Battalion. Apparently when Butler wanted a player, it was always a last minute thing and the ownership got tired of this happening especially when they were trying to win their own championship. A Boneheaded move by both clubs.
Yes it was the Voodoos ownership as they were tired of Butler interfering in everything .

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Where has this team been? Moncada is a stud. Vrbetic playing up to his pedigree. A complete resurgence from Caines. Mayotte with his 1st OHL. Happy for the kid. Rose with another solid game from the back end. Hollett seeming like a great pick, almost scored, not too many mistakes. A key blocked shot and couple a big hits. The rookies played great as always. I don’t think Denault is back next year but the guy guns it every game. They’re is a lot to look forward too. Played hit the road Jack after the final buzzer. The crowd was happy the kids seemed relieved and appreciative.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Where has this team been? Moncada is a stud. Vrbetic playing up to his pedigree. A complete resurgence from Caines. Mayotte with his 1st OHL. Happy for the kid. Rose with another solid game from the back end. Hollett seeming like a great pick, almost scored, not too many mistakes. A key blocked shot and couple a big hits. The rookies played great as always. I don’t think Denault is back next year but the guy guns it every game. They’re is a lot to look forward too. Played hit the road Jack after the final buzzer. The crowd was happy the kids seemed relieved and appreciative.
Good game by your guys. This was not the real Ottawa team with 6 rookies. 4 of these kids were playing defense and also we used our backup goalie. The 2 veteran defenseman lost their minds and were very undisciplined.

Hoefenmeyer and Okhotyuk were two valuable D who were missing.

I do not know if some players are sick or what was the reasoning for using all these rookies.

Good confidence builder for your team.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Pathetic, cheap and embarrassing play from the 67’s. Take it on the chin don’t start running people.

Merrick Rippon showed today he's one of the biggest clowns in the league with that meltdown

That hit on Russell is so cowardly and then throwing punches around the ref to an already down Coe. He needs to get 10+ games for that. What an embarrassing 30 seconds that was

Last edited:

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Merrick Rippon showed today he's one of the biggest clowns in the league with that meltdown

That hit on Russell is so cowardly and then throwing punches around the ref to an already down Coe. He needs to get 10+ games for that. What an embarrassing 30 seconds that was
Completely gutless. I don’t even think Dan Walker would have put someone is a dangerous situation like that

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Completely gutless. I don’t even think Dan Walker would have put someone is a dangerous situation like that

Not to mention, wtf is he so mad about? He didn't just lose game 7 of the ECF, you're losing a random Thursday night game in February when your team is in first place by a million points. Chill the f*** out dude

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Not to mention, wtf is he so mad about? He didn't just lose game 7 of the ECF, you're losing a random Thursday night game in February when your team is in first place by a million points. Chill the f*ck out dude
Flipped his gloves off and wanted to fight Moncada after he leveled Coe. He was wired for sure.
He looked great on Denault's goal too. :huh:

stickhandle

Jul 4, 2007
Good game by your guys. This was not the real Ottawa team with 6 rookies. 4 of these kids were playing defense and also we used our backup goalie. The 2 veteran defenseman lost their minds and were very undisciplined.

Hoefenmeyer and Okhotyuk were two valuable D who were missing.

I do not know if some players are sick or what was the reasoning for using all these rookies.

Good confidence builder for your team.
NB has 12 rookies on there roster

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
NB has 12 rookies on there roster
Yes I see that but many of your rookies get much more playing time as they are required to play regular shifts due to the makeup of your team. They are gaining valuable experience. More responsibility is sometimes a good omen.

On the other hand Ottawa's rookies although on the team play very little due to the vet lineup. I am sure most will develop but at a slower pace. The sudden exposure to the added playing time did not go as planned.

Good game for your guys and good luck the rest of the way.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
We play niagara 2 more times in last 13 games.. They on a 13 game losing streak, a week ago I was prepared to say it’s all but settled... now I’m not so sure. Could come down to the last game of the year against Niagara and if it does I say we play the AAA Trappers

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
Memorable things from last night:
(1.) When things don’t go their way Bahl and Rippon go into goon mode.
(2.) The players may have noticed that good things happen when you score first and win face-offs.
(3.) The D sometimes still leaves opposing forwards totally unchecked directly in front of Vrbetic.
(4.) Moncada’s first goal was a real pro-style shot.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Next season with Mayotte, Thompson, Christo, Hollett, Rose, Winslow and a veteran O/A not named Henderson...the Pacer may not make the cut!
Pacey has been one of the better D since Stanley left. Amazing what happens when these kids get to actually play.
I would imagine a D being picked in the second round giving us 8 with the 7 returnees. Our D has been much more efficient since 20 went out. Sorry, but I wouldn't play him at all the rest of the season.
I see 4 roster spots available next year, replacing 10, 16, 20 & 32. Not much list there imo.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Next season with Mayotte, Thompson, Christo, Hollett, Rose, Winslow and a veteran O/A not named Henderson...the Pacer may not make the cut!
I’ve got pacey firmly above Thompson if nobody else.

I think it’s mostly confidence with him, he has the skills but he’s busy in his own head. With time comes more confidence in this league. I could see him turning a corner coming into next year

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad