North Bay Battalion 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
..I wonder if the fantilli people have told NB he is going college route sowhat the hey lets go for 8th.....

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
That would sting but it is what it is I guess, nice to see Big Joe performing the way he has been. Happy for him after a very rough first half of the year for a rookie goaltender on a disaster of a team.

IceCube

Mar 20, 2014
Hey Spezza. Four guys out of the lineup,, so I guess you were expecting the coach to tell the kids dressed, who have pride but the way, to not try!!! NHL scouts love players that quit when the going gets tough. Give it a rest.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Hey Spezza. Four guys out of the lineup,, so I guess you were expecting the coach to tell the kids dressed, who have pride but the way, to not try!!! NHL scouts love players that quit when the going gets tough. Give it a rest.
I think you’re missing my point, historically this franchise has refused to bottom out and pick from the top and hit reset. It’s affected the on ice product and in turn has lowered attendance. Low attendance means low revenue. Low revenue means the team dashing for the exit door once the arena deal is up. I’ve been incredibly complimentary of the team’s growth especially with the young guns. The franchise needs a jolt of talent to revive the fanbase and getting swept in 4 by Ottawa won’t do that.

Reactions: Greatger and belair

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
That would sting but it is what it is I guess, nice to see Big Joe performing the way he has been. Happy for him after a very rough first half of the year for a rookie goaltender on a disaster of a team.
He’s playing the way we thought he would coming out of Powassan. Gonna be a huge confidence boost for him coming into next year

Reactions: Uncle

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
When Abbott fired?/promoted? Butler, he admitted to the press that the goal of the team was to always be competitive and just make the playoffs...never going for. So after shedding all our better older players and going with the young kids, here we are trying to squeeze into 8th place!! Good on the kids. So lets go it I guess!?! I'm just a little confused.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
...if we sneak into 8th to play 67s it will be same old same old while the Tankdogs fill their 6000 seat venue with the fantilli brothers and we bumble along next year trying for top 4 in the division...not playing silly whatsoever..

Greatger

May 11, 2007
Won't be many show up for the playoffs and have heard a lot of STH's will not renew next year if we don't get the 1st pick. If the TankDogs do get the 1st pick and he reports and he's as good as they say, I guess it pays off to cheat the league.
Because they beat Ottawa here 6-2 they think they have a chance to beat them in the 1st rounds of playoffs. We'll see what happens when they play them here on Sunday when the reality sets in and they'll say "oh no what have we done." I guess sometimes it takes stupid people to run a hockey club. Butler's famous words were "never again" and he's proving his point by losing the 1st round pick. Not convinced he's still not puppeteering from the back room.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Won't be many show up for the playoffs and have heard a lot of STH's will not renew next year if we don't get the 1st pick. If the TankDogs do get the 1st pick and he reports and he's as good as they say, I guess it pays off to cheat the league.
Because they beat Ottawa here 6-2 they think they have a chance to beat them in the 1st rounds of playoffs. We'll see what happens when they play them here on Sunday when the reality sets in and they'll say "oh no what have we done." I guess sometimes it takes stupid people to run a hockey club. Butler's famous words were "never again" and he's proving his point by losing the 1st round pick. Not convinced he's still not puppeteering from the back room.
I think Jack Ruby is running things from the back room. Get a grip and spread your hate elsewhere. smh
Apparently you don't go to games, why do you care so much. The team and fans are still there whether you are or not.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
According to the ex-reporter for the Canadian Press, who sits in the owners box, Kingston went 20:43 without a shot on goal! Hard to "tank" a game when the other team isn't even trying.

Wright looked average at best. Wisdom and Propp at least showed up. Couple nice saves by #33.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
I think Jack Ruby is running things from the back room. Get a grip and spread your hate elsewhere. smh
Apparently you don't go to games, why do you care so much. The team and fans are still there whether you are or not.
We have a different opinions on this but you gotta agree that if the attendance doesn’t go up this team will be gone before we know it.

Greatger

May 11, 2007
Has nothing to do with who attends or not, people still follow the team faithfully and do attend whenever they can. YOU get a grip or jump on the Battalion Fan Page with all the other Puck bunnies.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
According to the ex-reporter for the Canadian Press, who sits in the owners box, Kingston went 20:43 without a shot on goal! Hard to "tank" a game when the other team isn't even trying.

Wright looked average at best. Wisdom and Propp at least showed up. Couple nice saves by #33.
Propp looked awesome last night. When he has it turned on he can steal a game

Reactions: Samee987

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
There is no guarantee that Fantilli reports even if we finish last , there is no guarantee that the next best play reports either , we still have the Butler hangover here. We are not magically the destination of choice by all players yet . The notion by some fans that the coaching staff & players should try to lose every game is absolutely brutal .
Oulahen is fighting to keep his job every day , wins and playoffs will go along way to a full time gig here , the only thing he is doing is telling his players is to work , follow the plan and win. The players DNA will not let them lose on purpose either nor should it . I also doubt other teams are trying to lose, just maybe after they sold they just plain suck ! and we have got a little better ? ( which is what everyone wanted until the last few weeks) .
You cant have it both ways , its not a light switch that you can turn on & off when it suits your argument .

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Icedogs are not tanking

Reactions: The Prophet

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
Icedogs are not tanking
They just stink. But seriously, they're not tanking they just traded away all of their talent as expected to recoup the picks they traded away last year when they tried to go on an ill advised run. Check out the season prediction thread and they are as expected near the basement.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Prophet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad