North Bay Battalion 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
McMaster -3 tonight , 13th overall
Forhan did score tonight .....his 1st point , 33rd overall
Damien Giroux , + 6, 5 points tonight , team Captain ,5th round to the Wild ...44th overall....
Giroux played minor midget for Sudbury , and played lots of games at the West Ferris Arena, so it wouldn't have even taken a road trip to see the kid.
" Houston we have a problem"

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Very, very disappointed in the play and effort by #21 this whole season. It looks like he doesn't want to be here!!

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Very, very disappointed in the play and effort by #21 this whole season. It looks like he doesn't want to be here!!
Sad to see, although is that maybe just how he plays? Soft and long stride, smooth skating players usually get labelled as that they do not give a crap.. either way was expecting him to be a main source of scoring this year. Disappointed thus far.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Coe is not even 17 yet; and, behind Brazeau on the RW depth chart. Justifiably, Brazeau is getting all the prime minutes.
Coe & McMaster should look better as a 2nd line if/when the inexperienced D play more comfortably.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Coe is not even 17 yet; and, behind Brazeau on the RW depth chart. Justifiably, Brazeau is getting all the prime minutes.
Coe & McMaster should look better as a 2nd line if/when the inexperienced D play more comfortably.
Doesn't mean he's not lazy though....

IceCube

Mar 20, 2014
C'mon Battalion fans...be fair. You all seem so quick to point out the negative every week but when there is something positive to write about, the keyboards, save a few of you, are pretty silent. The team goes on a tough travel 3 in 3 road trip to Michigan minus some key guys (Walker, Stuthers among others) and come away with four of six points. The game they lost, with a third period collapse, was tied after 40 minutes. Kudos as usual to Brazeau and what appears to be a revival by McMaster. The d-crew tightened up and I am sure Calves aided that area. Solid weekend for the Troops.

IceCube

Mar 20, 2014
Me bad...plus the stellar work by goaltender Purbou who, based on the Soo thread, played GREAT!! A strong backup to CP.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
C'mon Battalion fans...be fair. You all seem so quick to point out the negative every week but when there is something positive to write about, the keyboards, save a few of you, are pretty silent. The team goes on a tough travel 3 in 3 road trip to Michigan minus some key guys (Walker, Stuthers among others) and come away with four of six points. The game they lost, with a third period collapse, was tied after 40 minutes. Kudos as usual to Brazeau and what appears to be a revival by McMaster. The d-crew tightened up and I am sure Calves aided that area. Solid weekend for the Troops.
Absolutely!!!
A road trip like that with a depleted lineup could be the turning point these guys need. Honestly, how many have them a chance in the Soo after the 3rd period meltdown vs Saginaw.
Good work guys, looking forward to see what Thursday brings.

Reactions: Uncle

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
To
To be fair, I wasn't in the Soo, Sag or Flint . I try to make comments from my views at the Gardens . Thought they could beat Flint (worse team Canada) and they did , the 2 points in the Soo are a bonus.

Reactions: Uncle

Battaion Fan

Oct 15, 2018
I think this was a great weekend for the team. Just to get out of town and to bond with each other. I hope Walker is back soon too. It sure would be nice if more people went to the games though.

Greatger

May 11, 2007
Soo fan here. Definitely thought Purboo deserved 1st star today, he played amazing!
Purboo is by far a better goalie than Propp. More consistant, plays the angles better and doesn't panic. He should be the #1 goaltender with Propp as the back up. Purboo will get drafted whereas Propp won't. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad