North Bay Battalion 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
From the Good News / Bad (or at least not so good) News department (without trying to be too negatory):

Good: Nice bounce back for the team and CP33 after Thursday’s embarrassment
Bad: Vs. 10th place KGN

Good: Luke Burghardt is finally back (2G, 1A) after an extended absence
Bad: Vs. 10th place KGN

Good: JB17 1G, 1A; MS18 0G, 4A; LB25 2G 1A
Bad: Proving once again the Troops are essentially a one line team

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
#24 injured **** that sucks. He is a crucial player for us. Were gonna make the playoffs i know it. Hope hes back soon. Get well #24
Everyone knows it , Kingston & Barrie are completely gutted after the trade deadline. Not a big deal to place 8th in a 10 team race .

Reactions: Olden

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
Lyle was also up on forward for a time , hope Pacey makes his own way here and is developed , not traded after years of frustration.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Hope you are right BP, but might be a bit premature. CD4 had 59 points in his rookie season (albeit 1 year older than Pacey) and was highest or 2nd highest scoring rookie defender in the entire CHL. Presently PS5 has 3 points and is tied with goalie Propp who ranks ahead due to fewer games played, although recognizing CP33 has had much more ice time.

From the “Where Are They Now” dept., Egor Postnov has 1G, 1A in 17 games with Lincoln, USHL, he had 1G 6A in 17 here.

Reactions: Uncle

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
I still think 1 year with the voodoos would have helped #5 more. He still looks lost an unsure out there to me. Can't say that about #23 who looks comfortable and fits in well. He's skilled enough now to warrant first or second line minutes. Even #26 when called up looked good. But we all know that seniority gets minutes with this team!

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
From the “Where Are They Now” dept., Egor Postnov has 1G, 1A in 17 games with Lincoln, USHL, he had 1G 6A in 17 here.

Also from "where are they now" dept. Kyle Potts G17, 19A in 31 games Oakville

Rhys Forhan 0G 1A in 9 games Aurora

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
Still wish we knew what went down with his release, went from 1st line to off the team
They never tell us shit about the players. I guess the fans dont matter much. But the wallets on the other hand well. Im a diehard Troops fans either way. They really need to start caring about the public more. Fans fill the seats make it possible for a team in NB.

Reactions: barclayplager

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
With Windsor here on thursday, I wonder if Purboo gets the start against his older brother? One thing the Battalion is good at is developing perfect posture for the backup goalies while glued to the bench!

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
FFS guys. You're supposed to be the "gateway city." Your purpose is to humiliate the travelling opposition to dread the rest of their northern road trip.

Reactions: Olden

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad