North Bay Battalion 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
Speaking of players not being back, I think 33 will be gone. He and Butler had words on the bench last night at end of game then in the 3 star announcement skated out on ice and tugged at the crest on the front of the jersey. Not sure what he meant by that but our players always used it to show they were playing for the crest on the front, not the name on the back. Looks like he was taking a shot at his teammates who are more concerned with personal stats over team success.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Speaking of players not being back, I think 33 will be gone. He and Butler had words on the bench last night at end of game then in the 3 star announcement skated out on ice and tugged at the crest on the front of the jersey. Not sure what he meant by that but our players always used it to show they were playing for the crest on the front, not the name on the back. Looks like he was taking a shot at his teammates who are more concerned with personal stats over team success.
I think it comes down to him or King for the final O/A spot

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
I think it comes down to him or King for the final O/A spot
Well I think he did himself a disservice going on the 10-0 run before trade deadline. Would have been better for his career getting out to a team that at least tried to compete.
Smartest thing for NB is to either trade him in off season or bring back for a bit while seeing how Verbetic handles the load. Good thing they kept Verbetic away from the tire fire this season; could have set back his development.
See, Stan can still make some smart decisions at the ripe ol age of 63.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Well I think he did himself a disservice going on the 10-0 run before trade deadline. Would have been better for his career getting out to a team that at least tried to compete.
Smartest thing for NB is to either trade him in off season or bring back for a bit while seeing how Verbetic handles the load. Good thing they kept Verbetic away from the tire fire this season; could have set back his development.
See, Stan can still make some smart decisions at the ripe ol age of 63.
Completely agree you here. When Propp is on he looks like a top end OHL goaltender but when is off you wonder how he even gets to be a back job

Reactions: Olden

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
Joe has got some serious potential in the string shack (net) Seen him play alot hes good.

Reactions: Uncle

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
Word on the street is the minor midget goalie from the midget Trappers has a deal done with the Troops , which would mean 33 is out.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
If not with us he will catch on with a contender. Mark my words.
As an OA there is many better options for all the teams , never mind a contender. His play is out dated and really doesn't have the skill to be an OA , hell he doesn't even get of our 3rd line most nights , and we are not very good. Time will tell , but I cant agree with you on this one.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Purboo vrbetic cicigoi. Propp should’ve been moved at the deadline along with brazeau. Why is nobody held accountable? Why is squeaking into the playoffs able to be passed off as a success? How do we change this as fans without losing our team again?

I’m not being negative.. I want shrewd hockey moves. Out with the old, please.. many up and coming forward thinking professionals looking for jobs, I’m sure.

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
Word on the street is the minor midget goalie from the midget Trappers has a deal done with the Troops , which would mean 33 is out.
He will be in voodoo country best case scenario. We have other goalies that would come up before that kid.

Reactions: Uncle

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
He will be in voodoo country best case scenario. We have other goalies that would come up before that kid.
Read my post , did I say he would play for the troops ?? I clearly said he has a deal done to be drafted!!!!!! I will go slow here for you .....draft a goalie high this spring , move one out , keep Purboo , and bring one up !!

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
Won’t be another local 1st round pick right? Don’t seem to have the best track record with them in the 1st round lol
Tenders very rarely go in the 1st round , but the 1st taken in the draft can go in the 2nd . When deals are made they can be something like " tell everyone else you wont report , and we will take you in the 3rd"........... well the good GM's can get that done , not sure here in the Bay ?

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
Thinking the Colts were out of it , but they lost in OT against London yesterday , 4 points back of 8th with a game in hand ........... Troops not out of the woods yet. A win today is needed.

HashingMARK

Nov 25, 2018
Your Cogeco boys are drinking the Kool-Aid about your #5. Their pre-game analysis was a total joke. I hope the Gateway people realize that it was your OHL team that ruined this boy's chances. He should be in Jr B for a year. He cannot skate.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Your Cogeco boys are drinking the Kool-Aid about your #5. Their pre-game analysis was a total joke. I hope the Gateway people realize that it was your OHL team that ruined this boy's chances. He should be in Jr B for a year. He cannot skate.
Everyone here knows that

HashingMARK

Nov 25, 2018
Everyone here knows that
If you truly want players to report to your centre, get off this Northern player syndrome and pick the best players available. I watched PC5 at the OHL Cup and he was good. just good. But the scouts were not thinking of this guy as a first rounder. So wtf was NB thinking? He was better off as a third rounder to another centre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad