North Bay Battalion 2016-17 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
It would be nice, but they took two guys headed to the Irish. It's not looking good for us. It'd be nice if Kovacs reported, too.

In regards to the goalie situation, with the Oilers taking Dylan Wells, I wonder if Stan could grab Mancina as an overager from the Petes. Wells would be amazing despite the poor stats, but I'd think that'd take an arm and a leg.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
It would be nice, but they took two guys headed to the Irish. It's not looking good for us. It'd be nice if Kovacs reported, too.

In regards to the goalie situation, with the Oilers taking Dylan Wells, I wonder if Stan could grab Mancina as an overager from the Petes. Wells would be amazing despite the poor stats, but I'd think that'd take an arm and a leg.

How about underachieving Zach Poirier???

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I think Wells takes over this season and they say "it's now or never kid."

Yeah, I figured as much. Would love it if Stan could sneak him out of PBO.

Getting drafted is huge for that kid and having Dustin Schwartz in his ear will do wonders for his development this year.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Thought the name looked familiar.

Did he commit or is this another Robin Kovacs pick?

too_long

Oct 24, 2006
Stan says he hasn't talked to the kid, or his agent. So unless he is fibbing, this is a longshot at best. Hopefully he comes over.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
No Link, his agent has made comment

This article states he's considering heading to NA next season. It was written prior to the Import Draft so it could mean anywhere. But if I'm a kid heading to NA looking to improve my draft stock, the CHL's a pretty good place to do that.

http://norran.se/hockeybloggen/klart-backtalangen-lamnar-aik-603349

The Skövde reared back talent Adam Thilander predicted a bright future, but now it is clear that at least for a time, do not go through Skellefteå AIK.

It was the season 2013/14 as Thilander came to Skelleftea from Skövde and has since hosted three seasons in the club's youth team, but has also made an SHL match for AIK. Now he leaves, after all, Vasterbotten.

- Yes, he should leave. As it sounds, he has set his sights on moving to North America, says Skellefteå AIK J20 coach and junior officer, Lars Marklund.

NorthernSelect

Jan 26, 2016
Is it too early to start talking about the potential lineup for this upcoming season? At the top end of the lineup we definitely need guys to step up and fill the void left by Amadio and Santos. The bottom 3 or 4 spots up front will be interesting.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
I realize it's happened in the past but not many junior teams have room for an overage import.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I realize it's happened in the past but not many junior teams have room for an overage import.

Kovacs is 19 so he's entering the year prior to his OA.

But correct me if I'm wrong, the Battalion relinquished his rights when they selected Adam Thilander in this year's draft because Kislinger is returning?

And I do believe there is an option in his contract to return to Rogle if he doesn't make the Wolfpack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad