North Bay Battalion 2016-17 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Wells would be a big get for the Battalion. Although he's probably fallen off the radar at the draft, he's still a very high potential goaltender. I can't see PBO letting him go too easily.

I brought him up in the last thread but Colton Point is a local kid who shot up the draft rankings this year in the CCHL. It'd be awesome if Stan could trade for his rights and convince him to forgo the US college route to play junior.

Agreed, Petes have two solid goalies moving forward. Can't see Wells NHL team after the draft wanting him to be a backup again though...

NB unfortunately doesn't have much to offer. Would take probably a young player like Potts

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Ontario Reign just moved past San Jose Barracuda to move into the second round against the San Diego Gulls. Amadio's been playing fourth line center for the past two games but has yet to score a point.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Mike Amadio with his first of many professional points.

An assist on the go ahead goal scored by Joel Lowry in Game 1 of the Pacific Division Finals.

More phenomenal stickwork.

Last edited:

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Congrats to Mike Amadio scoring his first professional goal, the OT game-winner to take a 3-1 series lead over the San Diego Gulls.

On his 20th birthday, no less.

Hub

Apr 13, 2016
Who ends up being the replacement for Ouly?

Anyone know of top candidates?

Scott Wray must be on the minds of the brass especially what he has done in Powassan.

Any other NOJHL in contention? I could see Nathan Hewitt move to an assistant role in the OHL as well.

guy97

from sarnia
Apr 16, 2015
Who ends up being the replacement for Ouly?

Anyone know of top candidates?

Scott Wray must be on the minds of the brass especially what he has done in Powassan.

Any other NOJHL in contention? I could see Nathan Hewitt move to an assistant role in the OHL as well.

richard rochefort......:nod::handclap:

MDR30

Feb 14, 2016
Hey, does anyone have any contacts within the Battalion hockey ops department? Would really appreciate any help I can get in contacting them.

Hub

Apr 13, 2016
Rookie Camp

I unfortunately could not make any of the camp. Anyone who was there what did you see?!?!? Was there any for sures to make the club come the season? Anyone who looked out of place? What about the Locals? How did they look?

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
1st rounder Adam McMaster, while appearing a bit undersized for now, has speed and hands that should put him into the starting lineup this season. Local, I believe, d-man Tye Lindeman didn't look out of place. I was only there for about 20 min. due to other commitments, so can't comment on any others.

Hub

Apr 13, 2016
Should start to see some trades come through now. Ottawa and Guelph have made a deal seeing goaltender Liam Herbst go to Guelph for a 4th round pick. Hopefully we see Stan get something going for a tendy as well!

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada

NORTH BAY, Ont. – The North Bay Battalion has traded left winger Mike Baird to the Windsor Spitfires, the Ontario Hockey League club announced Thursday.

In return for Baird, the Battalion received Windsor’s fourth-round pick in the 2017 OHL Priority Selection.

“I think it’s a trade that’s good for both teams,†said Stan Butler, Battalion director of hockey operations and head coach. “Mike gets a chance to play for a team that’s going to host the Memorial Cup next year, and we get to draft a player who can play for us for three or four years.â€

Added Butler: “On behalf of the Battalion organization, I’d like to wish Mike all the best in the future.â€

See ya Baird! Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

guy97

from sarnia
Apr 16, 2015
Agreed, What a joke, that he was in North Bay 3 years, no skill, stupid penalties, hell for a tough guy he didn't fight either. That's what happens when the GM is the coach also, protect and promote.

ya what a joke 2nd round pick:laugh:

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
now they will spend 3 years looking to draft toughness....I liked his mystery factor..you never knew if he would fly by or hammer someone.....opposition never knew either....now Sudbury will take liberties

MartyHuggins

Mar 17, 2015
now they will spend 3 years looking to draft toughness....I liked his mystery factor..you never knew if he would fly by or hammer someone.....opposition never knew either....now Sudbury will take liberties

Zach Shankar can more than take care of any toughness Baird brought to the team....

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada

:laugh:

The Mike Baird special.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
second round...reluctant Battalion USHL Cam Morrison...come on Avs..send him here,,,did not hurt Dineen..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad