North Bay Battalion 2014-15 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
What's the expectation/team look for next season? Semi-Final appearance? Is Kyle Wood going to end up on the top pairing?

Last edited by a moderator:

malarkey

Oct 13, 2013
The Soo
My apologies, North Bay fans. My intention was to cheer you on (I really did want at least one northern team in the league championship series!!) and why I would be cheering for a team from the Eastern Conference.

I'm not sure if I heard this correctly or not but was there going to be some re-aligning or an adjustment in which teams are considered "rivals" and have more games against each other, now that you have been there a whole season?

Hockeyfan1088

Oct 31, 2014
Thanks Troops for another great year! Good luck to all those who are moving on and looking forward to what next year's team will bring!

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
My apologies, North Bay fans. My intention was to cheer you on (I really did want at least one northern team in the league championship series!!) and why I would be cheering for a team from the Eastern Conference.

I'm not sure if I heard this correctly or not but was there going to be some re-aligning or an adjustment in which teams are considered "rivals" and have more games against each other, now that you have been there a whole season?

I'm not familiar with the rivalries that the Battalion had in Brampton, but I'd assume Sudbury is the no brainer just from a geographical POV. Barrie as well. And the games vs Guelph have been pretty spirited since the move.

malarkey

Oct 13, 2013
The Soo
I'm not familiar with the rivalries that the Battalion had in Brampton, but I'd assume Sudbury is the no brainer just from a geographical POV. Barrie as well. And the games vs Guelph have been pretty spirited since the move.

There were some rumblings (and it might have been nothing more than wishful thinking or "how about this" ideas) about the Soo, Sudbury and the Bay playing "x ' number of rival games against each other and each team would also have increased # of games against division/conference traditional rivals. Do you think the rivalries from the Brampton area will continue for some years after the move or fall by the wayside?

Member 23807

I believe it was already mentioned but it deserves mentioning again. The Battalion lost this series because DJ Smith completely out coached Stan Butler. Watching the seventh and final game today only serves to confirm this. Not once during the various timeouts including TV timeouts did I see Stan engage his team, change tactics or instruct them in any way shape or form. I get that he has support staff, but at what point is the leader going to lead?

Also, what the hell was he thinking keeping Henricksson on the 2nd line throughout this entire playoff? You don't want to break up the Huether/Santos combination, fine, then at least put Poirier up there who showed spunk, energy and a willingness to compete. For God sakes, do what you are paid to do, coach!!!

I also think Brenden Miller's tactics helped Oshawa's cause. Your team is winning 6-1 in the first game and you skate by the opposing bench chirping and taunting them? Then, in one of the other games, your team scores a goal and you chirp while skating by the opposing goalie. No class whatsoever. He was caught on more odd man rushes than I care to count, not to mention various dumb penalties. It's a shame really.

What this team needs is a coach who can adapt to changing circumstances throughout a series rather than lean his back up against the glass while looking to the Gods above in the hopes that if he closes his eyes long enough, they will pull out a victory. So frustrating to watch.

Nevertheless, the troops worked hard this year. They deserve to be congratulated for their efforts throughout the season. A special shout out should go to our checking line this year. It's a real shame Huether won't be back as he brought a lot of speed and skill that on many occasions went unnoticed. The entire line, along with Santos was the MVP of the playoffs in my books. Hopefully Mackenzie can take a big step forward next year.

Stormtrouper

Dec 29, 2014
Brampton
There were some rumblings (and it might have been nothing more than wishful thinking or "how about this" ideas) about the Soo, Sudbury and the Bay playing "x ' number of rival games against each other and each team would also have increased # of games against division/conference traditional rivals. Do you think the rivalries from the Brampton area will continue for some years after the move or fall by the wayside?
Loyal Brampton fans continued to follow the team after the move for the first year and some of the second. They attended many of the teams away games in the south which kept up a local rivalry. Most have now moved on and are supporting other OHL teams.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
Kujawinski sat at the end...Henrikkson was hurt..skate cut I thnk but not agreat series..defence were giving up the zone way early..team probably exceeded my expectations..MacKenzie needs to take a big step..if Pourier continues as he has he will be captain down the road....heard ourfirst rounder is a gem..soft hands..gets his nose dirty...next season will be tough but lookingforward to young guys/Voodoo progress..Hampus will replaced easily..need a big body that uses it ..please Woody...

OHLFanFriendly

Jul 30, 2014
the 2014 3rd rounder Cameron Morrision playing OJHL in Aurora is nominated for CJHL rookie of the year...nationwide rookie of the year. He must be a dandy.

Committed to Notre Dame currently. Any chance he can be convinced to play for Stan next year and forgoe NCAA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad